• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are we that weak?

I’m so confused….

I totally get the F*** Trudeau flags and the Canadian flags being carried together. Most Canadians are not too happy with him for a variety of legitimate reasons, fair enough.

But who the hell shows up with a Nazi flag thinking “Ya know, I just thought this would come in handy for our march!”

“I mean we’re chanting F*** Trudeau because he’s a douchebag dictator in training, right?”

“And we’re carrying the Canadian flag because we’re proud to be Canadian, and we want our country back! We’re better than this, it’s Trudeau holding us back…”

“Sooooo, naturally I thought I’d bring this Nazi flag hanging in my house…”

Huh? 🤨

I’m so confused….

I totally get the F*** Trudeau flags and the Canadian flags being carried together. Most Canadians are not too happy with him for a variety of legitimate reasons, fair enough.

But who the hell shows up with a Nazi flag thinking “Ya know, I just thought this would come in handy for our march!”

“I mean we’re chanting F*** Trudeau because he’s a douchebag dictator in training, right?”

“And we’re carrying the Canadian flag because we’re proud to be Canadian, and we want our country back! We’re better than this, it’s Trudeau holding us back…”

Huh? 🤨
I have a few theories about that:

1. Idiots.

OK one theory.

I’m so confused….

Huh? 🤨
It's a fake. They know one Nazi flag and a whole thing can be discarded. A protest about say taxes being too high, one flag.....see they're just right wing scum.....guy with flag goes home....mission success!

It's a fake. They know one Nazi flag and a whole thing can be discarded. A protest about say taxes being too high, one flag.....see they're just right wing scum.....guy with flag goes home....mission succes

Do you have any actual evidence that that was what occurred in this case?

or Agent Provocateur
Even if so, do the police just have a closet full of Nazi memorabilia to randomly give to the odd Agent Provocateur?

That is something else I’ve never understood… the purpose & use of provocateurs in Canada.

- A large gathering of people that are passionately protesting something, statistically will attract enough idiots that will sabotage the purpose of the protest, and distract from whatever legitimacy it has. (No agents required.)

- large groups of people tend to do stupid things. (somewhat dependent on the issue, demographics participating, and size of crowd, etc. No agents required.)

It's a fake. They know one Nazi flag and a whole thing can be discarded. A protest about say taxes being too high, one flag.....see they're just right wing scum.....guy with flag goes home....mission success!
That's an awful lot more work than an idiot with a Nazi flag.

Even if so, do the police just have a closet full of Nazi memorabilia to randomly give to the odd Agent Provocateur?

That is something else I’ve never understood… the purpose & use of provocateurs in Canada.

- A large gathering of people that are passionately protesting something, statistically will attract enough idiots that will sabotage the purpose of the protest, and distract from whatever legitimacy it has. (No agents required.)

- large groups of people tend to do stupid things. (somewhat dependent on the issue, demographics participating, and size of crowd, etc. No agents required.)
Not an agent of government or police directly, but possibly of a interest group that wants to discredit the other. Very much in the playbook of the Communists. Mind you the RCMP and some US police forces have in the past stepped over the line a few times, but i doubt this was anything to do with the RCMP.

There are a large group of "professional protesters" tied to what most of us consider left-wing or liberal activities. There are the same idiots on the right-wing/ conservative side.
Accepting that your agenda has been co-opted is rather harder to swallow.

There's rarely an enforced ideological background check for protests. Some people just show up to get their message out, like the "John 3:16" guy (or whatever it was) at sports events.

"Guilt by association" is a fallacy, no matter how anyone tries to use it.

Well, this whole thread started with a call to call out improprieties associated with flags of one kind ...
... How about we grow a backbone and tell the arseholes who are using our national symbols to represent their stupid ideology to take a hike instead of crying that they feel bad when they see it ...
... so this sounds like a good situation to do the same with other flags causing harm to a cause that's legit. After all, as someone smarter than me once said ...
TheStandardYouWalkBy.jpg

Well, this whole thread started with a call to call out improprieties associated with flags of one kind ...

... so this sounds like a good situation to do the same with other flags causing harm to a cause that's legit. After all, as someone smarter than me once said ...
View attachment 72016
If we did that, no ships would sail or troops get out of the barracks as they are busy fixing everything.

Keep in mind that the freedom convoy protesters AND the people that are for mandates and forced vaccinations are both scared people. One group is scared of Covid and the other scared of tyranny. 95% of Canadians want a better Canada, protesters and vaxers alike. There is 5% that are just dickheads and untill now everyone realized that. For some reason one dickhead in a crowd at a protest and the whole protest gets labeled with the same brush. I believe the people blaming the Freedom Convoy protesters for the nazi flag know full well the protesters had nothing to do with it and actually tried to stop him. They are just using it as ammo because they can.

Keep in mind that the freedom convoy protesters AND the people that are for mandates and forced vaccinations are both scared people. One group is scared of Covid and the other scared of tyranny. 95% of Canadians want a better Canada, protesters and vaxers alike. There is 5% that are just dickheads and untill now everyone realized that. For some reason one dickhead in a crowd at a protest and the whole protest gets labeled with the same brush. I believe the people blaming the Freedom Convoy protesters for the nazi flag know full well the protesters had nothing to do with it and actually tried to stop him. They are just using it as ammo because they can.
It's called "Nut Picking".

Find the one crazy that is recorded being crazy, and use that against you opponent.

It's called "Nut Picking".

Find the one crazy that is recorded being crazy, and use that against you opponent.

I understand the concept, what I don't understand is how well it worked this time. maybe that is because i just wasn't paying attention until now?

There's rarely an enforced ideological background check for protests. Some people just show up to get their message out, like the "John 3:16" guy (or whatever it was) at sports events.

"Guilt by association" is a fallacy, no matter how anyone tries to use it.
John 3:16 is the name of a awesome Malaysian restaurant here as well.

Meanwhile in Thailand
1353989_Wallpaper2.jpg

The nazi flags are two origins-

1: people looking to discredit the protest
2: protestors using it as a shock- suggesting that it’s nazi/fascist nonsense the government is up to. That’s why they fly it with the Canadian flag.

Both are equally stupid.

I understand the concept, what I don't understand is how well it worked this time. maybe that is because i just wasn't paying attention until now?
In this case I suspect it worked because the media are pre-disposed to dislike "working class" people, and people are pre-disposed to trust media. When you grow up with "Live at 5", and the "Evening News" telling you what's happening in the world, hearing things that go against the narrative is jarring, and easy to ignore.

My parents literally argued with me about how bad the protests downtown were... I live a few KM from the epicenter, I walked into the "danger zone" multiple times. Still, they preferred what the news said to what I said, because the news is trustworthy, and my story was just an anecdote.

For the last 30 years at least we have been living in a culture that dismisses anything "right wing" as evil, or at the very least misguided. It makes it very easy to ignore the "right", while accepting the "left" as more correct.

Back