• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aircrew Selection/ACS (Merged)

I've been given the green-light to head to CFASC... told it's in Trenton's hands now for scheduling. No idea how much notice I'll get.

'G.

Duckman54 said:
I've been given the green-light to head to CFASC... told it's in Trenton's hands now for scheduling. No idea how much notice I'll get.

'G.

So it sounds like they've said you've checked out with your medical/interview and such and are just waiting to get a date for you. Don't sweat it, CFASC runs around the year so I'm sure you'll get proper notice.

Just waiting on the phone call to attend ASC.  For those who got in, can you tell me if they gave you the option to choose what week you went?  Also, is there a study guide they give you before attending ASC in Trenton??

In my case, they asked for three possible weeks that I could be available.  My understanding is they are going to pick one of those weeks.  Yes, there is a guide.

Was told today that before my interview that I had to fly to Trenton out of Vancouver for Aesop/Aircrew flight testing. All I got from the recruiter was that it lasts about three days.

Can someone give me some insight as to what tests they will be performing?

Thanks in advance.

Cbbmtt said:
Was told today that before my interview that I had to fly to Trenton out of Vancouver for Aesop/Aircrew flight testing. All I got from the recruiter was that it lasts about three days.

Can someone give me some insight as to what tests they will be performing?

Thanks in advance.

They are suppose to give you a "study package".  If you arrive in Trenton without it, you will be sent right back home.  At least this is my understanding as it pertains to Pilot, ACSO and AEC applicants.  Not entirely certain what the requirements are for AES Ops.

AES Ops don't do ACS.  I'd say the CFRC staff in question will realize this when they try to send potential AES Ops on it.  ;D

Eye In The Sky said:
AES Ops don't do ACS.  I'd say the CFRC staff in question will realize this when they try to send potential AES Ops on it.  ;D

I just hope it won't delay anything on their end drawing out the application process. The Flight Crew medical was sent to Ottawa on the 12th of July, hopefully it doesn't take much more than 1-2 months.

Has anyone been through the new computerized testing at ACS yet? I'm kind of nervous because I feel like I'll probably do worse on a computer-based aptitude test than a simulator. Really disappointed they changed it.

StudentPilot23 said:
Has anyone been through the new computerized testing at ACS yet? I'm kind of nervous because I feel like I'll probably do worse on a computer-based aptitude test than a simulator. Really disappointed they changed it.

I did it about six weeks ago.  It's not an aptitude test though, it's several tests -- hand-foot-eye coordination, hand-eye coordination, multi-tasking,, short term memory, mental arithmetic, reading comprehension, spatial ability, and much more.

The package is all you need, it suggests how you can prepare for certain tests, and other tests you can't prepare for at all.

26point2 said:
I did it about six weeks ago.  It's not an aptitude test though, it's several tests -- hand-foot-eye coordination, hand-eye coordination, multi-tasking,, short term memory, mental arithmetic, reading comprehension, spatial ability, and much more.

The package is all you need, it suggests how you can prepare for certain tests, and other tests you can't prepare for at all.

Do you know how many people in your group passed?

Just got the email today that I've been loaded onto the Jan 13-15 course! Anyone else going at this time?

Just finished ACS, 4 out of 10 in my group passed.  Luckily I was one of them.

A lot of the information in this thread seems outdated and it may be worth unpinning and starting a new one.

Just as a few pointers: if you have a tablet/smartphone download a mental math practice app and run through it as much as you can (great to use on the train to Trenton as well.)  Another thing that would be helpful is work on your memory, not sure how you would do it but memory is important for this. 

Keep in mind there is no CAPPS anymore.  Other than that the only advice I can really give is to learn the tests from the candidate guide.  Their descriptions are kind of vague but I can't go into any more detail than they provide.

Wezoin said:
Just finished ACS, 4 out of 10 in my group passed.  Luckily I was one of them.

A lot of the information in this thread seems outdated and it may be worth unpinning and starting a new one.

Just as a few pointers: if you have a tablet/smartphone download a mental math practice app and run through it as much as you can (great to use on the train to Trenton as well.)  Another thing that would be helpful is work on your memory, not sure how you would do it but memory is important for this. 

Keep in mind there is no CAPPS anymore.  Other than that the only advice I can really give is to learn the tests from the candidate guide.  Their descriptions are kind of vague but I can't go into any more detail than they provide.

I did mine from the 13th - 15th of January. 5 out of 12 passed for pilot and one guy passed for just AEC. I completely agree with the mental math app, I had one on my phone and it helped a lot. Did you just get your results today?

Back