• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aircrew Selection/ACS (Merged)

stcv3 said:
I probably didn't express myself the right way. I just thought that if the doctor doesn't tell you what is wrong with you, and you're not fit to fly, they might never let you know why.

??? It is your own medical info, why would they not tell you what the issue is if there is one ???  When I go to my yearly Flight Surgeon medical, it is an open discussion about my flying fitness and general health, with no mystery questions and answers.

:2c:

I would not stress out about the medical, it was probably my favorite part of the trip because you're not flippin out about whether or not you passed the computer tests. They explain that most of the people who don't pass are usually people with rare defects that they had no knowledge of. As to whether or not they will tell you if something is wrong with you, yeah they will they are obligated to let you know. One guy on my trip had something wrong with his eyes (thin muscle tissue in an area i believe) and they told him about it right away. So i would say just relax enjoy the trip and soak it all in, it in all honesty is a cool experience.

I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe I was too nervous assuming they wouldn't tell me about my medical condition, but it's the kind of attitude I'm getting from Toronto's recruitment office for some reason. They seem too busy and almost impossible to reach. I tried to get some reply about the ASC date, and finally got an email that I can't go next week because I replied too late. In reality what happened is the person responsible got sick and my name didn't get nominated. There was nothing wrong with my confirmation
That's a response I got after emailing 4-5 times this week to ask for an update!

Now I got 2 more weeks to wait.

stcv3 said:
I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe I was too nervous assuming they wouldn't tell me about my medical condition, but it's the kind of attitude I'm getting from Toronto's recruitment office for some reason. They seem too busy and almost impossible to reach. I tried to get some reply about the ASC date, and finally got an email that I can't go next week because I replied too late. In reality what happened is the person responsible got sick and my name didn't get nominated. There was nothing wrong with my confirmation
That's a response I got after emailing 4-5 times this week to ask for an update!

Now I got 2 more weeks to wait.

Don't be discouraged.  Aircrew Selection is run on a continuous basis, so if you missed this one, there are many many more to come.  Usually every two weeks, give or take.  Just try to maintain regular contact with your CFRC, no matter how difficult and watch your email like a "hawk".

Just got the phone call. I'm going there March 24-26. Anyone else?

Second attempt but first one with the new testing system. Hopefully this one will be the good one.

Goodluck Mab163! I kid you not (and this is going to sound crazy), the best thing i did to prepare for ACS besides practicing the typical time, distance, velocity type questions was to play "Star Fox 64" till i was blue in the face. There is something magical about that game.

Same here mab163, got the call today and will be doing ACS on the 24-26 course.

verstrat10 said:
Goodluck Mab163! I kid you not (and this is going to sound crazy), the best thing i did to prepare for ACS besides practicing the typical time, distance, velocity type questions was to play "Star Fox 64" till i was blue in the face. There is something magical about that game.

I should try that one as well. Any other tips and practices that might be helpful?

I'm also going on the 24-26th after that unfortunate misunderstanding that made me miss next week's course. Should get a call later today.

verstrat10 said:

I should try that as well!

See you there t.robichaud and stcv3. Where are you flying from?

Just a heads up stcv3, sent you a PM with some links containing practice questions that really helped me out. If anybody else wants them or has a general question about ACS just let me know.

verstrat10 said:
Just a heads up stcv3, sent you a PM with some links containing practice questions that really helped me out. If anybody else wants them or has a general question about ACS just let me know.

Thanks so much! That really looks helpful! Got something to practice on the weekend!

How are you guys getting to Trenton before the 24th? I checked Greyhound and VIA rail for Sunday, but they leave pretty late. I was hoping to get there earlier in the morning and have some time to prepare.

I should try that as well!

See you there t.robichaud and stcv3. Where are you flying from?
[/quote]

Actually I`m driving to Trenton, I live near hamilton.

stcv3 said:
How are you guys getting to Trenton before the 24th? I checked Greyhound and VIA rail for Sunday, but they leave pretty late. I was hoping to get there earlier in the morning and have some time to prepare.

Still waiting my travelling instructions. I believe I will fly from Montreal to Toronto. In the meantime, I'm studying to exceed these aptitude tests :)

Mab163 said:
Still waiting my travelling instructions. I believe I will fly from Montreal to Toronto. In the meantime, I'm studying to exceed these aptitude tests :)

Hope they tell you soon, or just give them a call. They might have forgotten. That's what happened with me...

For anyone who might know,is there anywhere on the test where you have to add vectors? I saw on the form they sent me something about air speed, so I was wondering. ::)

Wasn't any need to ask twice, but I'll reply here, since the question is more relevant to AC selection than to ROTP.

Yes, I'd say that's the form you need.

When I attended A/C selection the form was included with the package I received from the recruiting office to take with me .

I've been loaded onto the April 28-30 ACS! Anyone else?

Went over the guide and have been practicing mental math, any other tips?

a.schamb said:
I've been loaded onto the April 28-30 ACS! Anyone else?

Went over the guide and have been practicing mental math, any other tips?

Congrats! I went to ASC 2 weeks ago and I don't want to scare you but be prepared for the toughest test of your life. In our group, only 4 passed on 13...

I recommend you to practice mental math and distance/time/speed calculations (check www.speeddistancetime.info, very helpful).

Good luck!

Back