• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice for women on BMQ and other courses [MERGED]

What?  That picture of Jewel, depicting me, is not good enough??? 

Just kidding.  Tell me how to do it and I will post one.  :)

TFLY said:
What?  That picture of Jewel, depicting me, is not good enough??? 

Just kidding.  Tell me how to do it and I will post one.  :)

Well....

Maybe we should take this to PM's so that I can guide and coach you in the intricate ways of the net....

dileas

tess

btw, do you wear bracelets?  Oh never mind, just a thought.

So long as he at least keeps his socks on.

OK.............

Now, back on topic.

FWIW, I've seen plenty of people coming and going through the training system.  In the cases where people weren't successful, in most cases, it was due to attitute/maturity.  So, TFLY, just remember that you if you can put mind over matter, you should be ok.  You've seen the case on here from others who've gone through, some much older than you.  Take it for what it's worth, but if you have the right mindset, you'll be ok.

Thank you TechnoViking!  I'm definately in the right mind-set! 

I have to say though, I have watched all the episode (both seasons) of Basic up and it scares the be-Jee-Ziz, out of me.  But I figure, for ever day I can stay in, I'm that much closer to my goal.  Anyone can do anything for one day right.....?  I'll just keep telling myself that.  :)

lol...staff getting cock from staff.... :) 
PS---My buddys wife is in week 7 right now and loving it.  8 Weeks ago you could not have waken her up any time before  nine o clock in the morning.  Now shes 5am-----11PM every day.  Shes succeeding and staying strong, and her favorite class is weapons.
  Good luck
:cdn:

TFLY said:
Ballz - Great words of wisdom (you must have kids)  I sometimes forget that my "time" as a busy mom will probably help me in this task!  :)

Let me first say I am flattered that you think I must have kids.

Next, I'll tell you I'm 20 yrs old and the mere thought of having kids terrifies me, much more than BMOQ ever did. I can only imagine, from my own hatred of all things involving housework and cleaning, and the cleaning and scrubbing I did in BMOQ, how hard it must be to be a housewife. I *almost* feel bad for all the mothering my mom had to do because of me, and I just know that if all kids are like me, 1 kid deserves a medal, 3 deserves a VC.

TFLY said:
Funny guy!  ::)

Yeah !, but he's usually on the money.

Well you've received tons of good advice and encouragement.

But the most important thing to consider and do, is remember,

IT IS BETTER TO JOIN AND LOOSE THAN NEVER TO HAVE TRIED AT ALL.

Join, if you make it                  GREAT !
If you don't its still                    GREAT !
If you've gave it your best        GREAT !
If you've followed your Dream  GREAT !

So Good Luck, You'll make it.  :salute:

Cheers.

Thanks again guys. 

I think I have found an amazing support system here and I haven't even started.  And people wonder why I want to join the Canadian Forces!  Please!!  You have your really mature young people with such great advice you would think he had much more world knowledge than one should expect from a 20 year old (really??? only 20 Ballz??)  You have your funny guys that help break up any tension there MIGHT be, you have the extremely motivating, story telling guys (oh, and GALS) that have the perfect story for the situation and then you have the the Canadian Forces.  Need I say more???

I'm not saying I'm sure I won't find faults at times, but I'm just going to ride this wave and enjoy every step of it!

PS, anyone watch "Basic Up"?  How close to reality is it?  ???

Celticgirl said:
So as for your own goals of joining, I would say just keep building your strength and endurance, and when YOU feel ready, then just go for it. If for some reason, you cannot finish the course, don't give up. Lots of people VR or are recoursed and end up being successful at a later time. For me, I will have completed a full 22 weeks of basic training when I graduate this week.  :p  But being able to become a member of this awesome team has been worth every painful minute of it.

Good luck to you on your journey!  :yellow:

Congrats to you Celtic Girl.  :)  I like many on this site have followed your journey to reach your goals.
It's been a long struggle but you have shown the "intestinal fortitude" to hang in there and do the hardest part, take a set back and keep keeping on.

BZ  :) :salute:

Baden  Guy said:
Congrats to you Celtic Girl.  :)  I like many on this site have followed your journey to reach your goals.
It's been a long struggle but you have shown the "intestinal fortitude" to hang in there and do the hardest part, take a set back and keep keeping on.

BZ  :) :salute:

Thank you, BG. The reality has not sunk in yet. Maybe it will on Thursday. LOL Cheers!  :D

All of you, older recruits doing BM(O)Q or done with it, are a great inspiration for us, older applicants.

Best Wishes to all of you and have a great Holiday season.

Hey I just turned 39 and I`m going for this. My only question is whether I should go Reg or Res. (I`m handing in my Application in January.) And with my choices not being available until April, I probably won`t get to BMOQ until I`m 40.    :eek:

Back