• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are we that weak?

The nazi flags are two origins-

1: people looking to discredit the protest
2: protestors using it as a shock- suggesting that it’s nazi/fascist nonsense the government is up to. That’s why they fly it with the Canadian flag.

Both are equally stupid.
There's a third reason - they're bloody Nazis

Now that's the real stupid reason.

😖

In this case I suspect it worked because the media are pre-disposed to dislike "working class" people, and people are pre-disposed to trust media. When you grow up with "Live at 5", and the "Evening News" telling you what's happening in the world, hearing things that go against the narrative is jarring, and easy to ignore.

My parents literally argued with me about how bad the protests downtown were... I live a few KM from the epicenter, I walked into the "danger zone" multiple times. Still, they preferred what the news said to what I said, because the news is trustworthy, and my story was just an anecdote.

For the last 30 years at least we have been living in a culture that dismisses anything "right wing" as evil, or at the very least misguided. It makes it very easy to ignore the "right", while accepting the "left" as more correct.
It's amazing how that works. Early in the war there was an interview with a Russian national in Ukraine who called her mom in Russia explaining how bad things were and she didn't believe her because the news was showing much different story.

I had multiple friends who went to the "danger zone" and their story was VERY different than the news reports. Still many people didn't believe them. I find it seem to be more related to what they wanted to believe. People who are afraid of covid wanted to believe the news. People who are afraid of tyranny wanted to believe the eye witness reports. So that is what each did.

It's amazing how that works. Early in the war there was an interview with a Russian national in Ukraine who called her mom in Russia explaining how bad things were and she didn't believe her because the news was showing much different story.

I had multiple friends who went to the "danger zone" and their story was VERY different than the news reports. Still many people didn't believe them. I find it seem to be more related to what they wanted to believe. People who are afraid of covid wanted to believe the news. People who are afraid of tyranny wanted to believe the eye witness reports. So that is what each did.
100%

Somewhere between "Nazis" and "freedom fighters" lies the reality.

If you're inclined to believe anyone right of Mao is a "Nazi", there was lots of evidence to support your belief. If you're inclined to believe that anyone left of Reagan is a "communist", there was lots of evidence.

Keep in mind that the freedom convoy protesters AND the people that are for mandates and forced vaccinations are both scared people ...
That. Right. There.
... I believe the people blaming the Freedom Convoy protesters for the nazi flag know full well the protesters had nothing to do with it and actually tried to stop him ...
You're right about not painting the whole crowd with a broad brush because of a small handful of idiots. Any evidence of the yellow, though? I don't see a lot of, say, antifa marchers trying to stop people vandalizing businesses during some protests.

That. Right. There.

You're right about not painting the whole crowd with a broad brush because of a small handful of idiots. Any evidence of the yellow, though? I don't see a lot of, say, antifa marchers trying to stop people vandalizing businesses during some protests.

I had heard multiple reports protesters approached him and ran him off. I don't have solid evidence, just hearsay.

There are a large group of "professional protesters" tied to what most of us consider left-wing or liberal activities. There are the same idiots on the right-wing/ conservative side.
Accepting that your agenda has been co-opted is rather harder to swallow.
I feel like my high school guidance counselling totally dropped the ball in not telling me about this potentially career choice. Public schools…ppffftttt…

Does it pay well? I imagine that life as a “professional protester” requires quite a bit of travel - which is expensive here in Canada…

Just imagine, one’s entire life could be spent just randomly protesting s** 🤦🏼‍♂️

I feel like my high school guidance counselling totally dropped the ball in not telling me about this potentially career choice. Public schools…ppffftttt…

Does it pay well? I imagine that life as a “professional protester” requires quite a bit of travel - which is expensive here in Canada…

Just imagine, one’s entire life could be spent just randomly protesting s** 🤦🏼‍♂️
Go to any types/series of protests in Toronto. You will very quickly notice the same groups of people protesting across a wide variety of what they perceive to be ailing in society.

Go to any types/series of protests in Toronto. You will very quickly notice the same groups of people protesting across a wide variety of what they perceive to be ailing in society.
Yet it never crosses their minds to protest themselves…. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Anybody happen to notice how scarce antifa (should be called Profa) during the Ottawa trucker rally?

Spot the difference.

Fascist.

Anti-Fascists.

View attachment 72049
And they both emulate Anarchists.

masked-anarchists-participated-in-the-may-day-re-occupy-toronto-march-D1RMF3.jpg

It's good to have a hobby.

😖

My office was very near "protest central" in downtown Vancouver. Any protest had the same groups attend, no matter the protest, some protesters liked having the "professionals" as they knew how to play the game. Others were not amused and one legit protest, fist flew as they wanted these idiots to stay away from their protest. These regulars seemed to all live on government handouts or were students with to much time on their hands.

Do these professional protestors apply to trucker convoys too? Or is it just a leftist thing?

Reactions: ueo
Back