• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

I have heard something about truckers going the airports.

If the truckers blocked NavCanada Goose Bay would that not knockout all trans Atlantic flights? That would that may get some real attention.

Probably not enough people and trucks there.

As I said earlier, someone has to make a decision and live with the consequences.

If it's decided to forcefully evict the protesters, officers, protesters and innocent bystanders will get hurt.
You're absolutely correct. These are Canadians - lets not forget that.
They are not Americans or Mexicans or one horned one eared flying Purple People Eaters.
Canadians - dialogue and negotiation is the best way out. Force is the very last option.

They are not Americans or Mexicans or one horned one eared flying Purple People Eaters.
Canadians - dialogue and negotiation is the best way out. Force is the very last option.
I think they've gone past dialogue,.....its now time for 'Well here's how this is going to go down."

I have heard something about truckers going the airports.

If the truckers blocked NavCanada Goose Bay would that not knockout all trans Atlantic flights? That would that may get some real attention.

Probably not enough people and trucks there.
They were doing slow loops of the Ottawa airport here this morning, but think they eventually gave up.

Surprised there hasn't been some road rage incident at this point, people are generally running on a low simmer so if they are in a rush to get to the hospital, airport, etc etc that might be the last straw.

I follow a pretty leftish website called Skyscrapperpage.com, you'd not be shocked at how many on there want the military called in to bust some heads.

I think they've gone past dialogue,.....its now time for 'Well here's how this is going to go down."
There is still room for dialogue. A person trusted by both government and the convoys needs to start that. The sooner the better.

If this situation festers much longer it is not going to be pretty.
I follow a pretty leftish website called Skyscrapperpage.com, you'd not be shocked at how many on there want the military called in to bust some heads.
Yup but don't touch BLM, Antifa or those who destroy property and loot. Typical.

The best part of any protest is when the people objecting to the protest lose patience with the protestors and the processes for removing protestors. Makes for the best TV viewing and political ads.

There is still room for dialogue. A person trusted by both government and the convoys needs to start that. The sooner the better.
"This is whats going to happen" IS dialogue......lets be real here, these folks get an inch and what do you suppose those other groups you mentioned start thinking?

I don’t think the government should establish any dialogue with people, such as Paul Bauder, who have openly called for bringing down a government that was elected by the people. The fact that there are “some decent people” in the blockade doesn’t give credibility to the leaders who are extremists. I realize that others here don’t share this view, but I consider the actions of those involved in the various blockades to be treasonous.

They've established dialogue with worse people.
In October 2021 Canadian officials met with the Taliban to discuss humanitarian aid.
Link
The American Government literally made a deal with the Mafia so they could make sure the invasion of Italy in WW2 went the way they wanted it to.

Many mob bosses were granted immunity from prosecution in exchange for support. Some were even forgiven for past crimes and released from prison.

Government will talk and work with whoever the heck they feel like if they think it's in their best interests. Doesn't matter how unscrupulous or bad of a person they are. Some of our best sources of information are the most detestable human beings you can imagine LOL.

There are literal units in various Government Agencies with this exact mandate 😉

Back