• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2019 - ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t have any issue at all about your own equalizing overbearing false feminism with sexist ad hominem commentary…you decide what is bad and what is acceptable as you wish. My issue was with your implied acceptance that I should have to make the different behaviours equivalent, to wit, your post below.

Has nothing to do with a double standard. It’s a standard. Apply it in all cases. But was the indigenous woman kicked out because she was an indigenous woman? Or because she didn’t want to do the boss’ bidding? There is a difference. Is it wrong? Sure. But so is using ad hominem attacks that are sexist.
I am not going to chamge my mind that a sexist comment aligned to a the environmentalistic virtue-signaling of McKenna comes close to Trudeau’s morally-bankrupt treatment of Wilson-Raybold and Philpott.

Feel as affronted as you wish. It’s clear neither of us will convince each other that we’re more correct than the other…heck, I didn’t call McKenna a climate Barbie, but I sure do take issue to the way that Trudeau disrespected and shamefully treated Wilson-Raybold and Philpott.

Allons-y!

I have a certain disdain for most politicians. Having said that, politicians are a different breed of public figure. Simply the way they do their job, dispute legislation, make promises to FN as far back as Laurier and still haven't acted on them, curtail our Rights and Freedoms, etc. They invite names to themselves that the public and media, tag them with based on there performance. Agree or not, politicians put themselves in these predicaments. The media gives them names, the press does it, other politicians do it. Yet somehow when some flat faced civie does it, it's misogynous, racist, bigoted or biased? McKenna was a frigging disaster the second she was elected. $93 billion, how do you just lose that much money without being completely incompetent, uncaring and an intellectual bozo. And where was the overwatch, ffs? I will also mention that even when the liberals poured on all the negative epithets about people saying Climate Barbie, it only increased her visibility and got more people saying it. It has passed into common usage and they cannot pull it back. Politicians are supposed to have Mesozoic Era thick skin anyway. At least she's figured out that she's in the wrong game and is leaving politics. However, she will always be known as Climate Barbie.

Nothing like shovelling a quarter billion off the back of the truck, through a non-competed third party contractor who is a Liberal party supporter, and then the people your trying to help complain about it.

Where is their gratitude for the Liberal largess? Pfffft....

Black business owners raise concerns about government loan fund​

Toronto-based entrepreneur Cheryl Sutherland said she found the Black Entrepreneurship Loan Fund's online loan application process frustratingly short of information. (Dave Rae/CBC)

Some Black businesspeople say a new government program meant to bolster Black entrepreneurship is hard to access, offers unclear repayment terms and asks invasive questions about applicants' sexuality.

The Black Entrepreneurship Loan Fund was announced in September by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Its application portal launched late last month.

The $291.3 million program offers loans of up to $250,000 to businesses that are majority Black-owned. Black entrepreneurs starting companies or operating existing small businesses can also apply for funding.

The government contract to administer the fund was awarded to the Federation of African Canadian Economics (FACE), a non-profit incorporated in late January. The newly formed organization is headquartered in Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's Montreal riding of Papineau and is an umbrella organization for five black community based groups.

Toronto-based entrepreneur Cheryl Sutherland said she was excited about the fund at first.

"I felt like it was a really great opportunity for Canada to step up and do some really great things," she said.

But that excitement quickly turned to frustration once Sutherland started the application process. She and several other Black business owners who spoke to CBC News say the program doesn't make clear key aspects of repayment.

"Being a banker in my previous life, I went through and I tried to gather as much information as I could and I couldn't find anything in regards to repayment terms," Sutherland said. "I couldn't find anything in regards to the loan rates."

Personal questions​

Toronto-based clothing designer Julz Ossom, who also applied for funding, said he was shocked when the online application form asked him to state his sexual orientation.

"Whether you are gay, whether you are bi, heterosexual, I'm like, am I coming for money?" he said. "Because the established banks, RBC, TD, Scotia, don't ask you these questions."

Talent agency owner John Campbell said he was also alarmed by the question about sexual orientation. "We found many of the questions infringed upon the Canadian Human Rights Act, for example, sexual orientation and preference," Campbell wrote in an open letter to FACE he shared with CBC News.

"The purpose of the loan was to help the community; however, the process is negatively impacting mental health."

I would suspect the frequent, and often enough credible threats to her physical safety likely took a toll. Her prior role in Cabinet in particular, and more generally her prominence as a female member of a government that is powerfully disliked by a portion of the population, caused her to be subjected to much more of that than just about anyone else in government. That gets old after a while. This goes well beyond mean words and thickness of skin.

I would suspect the frequent, and often enough credible threats to her physical safety likely took a toll. Her prior role in Cabinet in particular, and more generally her prominence as a female member of a government that is powerfully disliked by a portion of the population, caused her to be subjected to much more of that than just about anyone else in government. That gets old after a while. This goes well beyond mean words and thickness of skin.

Can you not hunt down the people who are 'uttering threats' and charge them?

If a male politician was good looking and a climate change activist would all you folks be up in arms if he was called "climate change Ken"?

If not then YOU are the new problem.........

Don't you remember the numerous PR photo shoots of her, supposedly in relation to her personally doing her part for the environment? Ridiculous.

Don't you remember the numerous PR photo shoots of her, supposedly in relation to her personally doing her part for the environment? Ridiculous.

The way the electorate are these days, any Environment Minister in any government has no choice except to become some kind of bizarre cult leader.

I'm not making excuses for anyone in this particular government, but can understand a bit about the madness that must go on in that portfolio.

If a male politician was good looking and a climate change activist would all you folks be up in arms if he was called "climate change Ken"?

yep. I would call it out. It’s no different than the dumb nice hair campaign I vented about when it was going on or people commenting on stephen harper’s sweaters. It’s dumb. People can do better. No wonder people get so polarized.

Call them whatever you want. You have the right to free expression...........until September give or take, when they push for their hate speech bill. “Now, this is going to be controversial. People think that C-10 was controversial. Wait till we table this legislation,” Guilbeault said at an appearance at the Banff World Media Festival.

Attachments

• 203622070_10165564443915293_3536487220431800843_n.jpg
    203622070_10165564443915293_3536487220431800843_n.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 10
yep. I would call it out. It’s no different than the dumb nice hair campaign I vented about when it was going on or people commenting on stephen harper’s sweaters. It’s dumb. People can do better. No wonder people get so polarized.
If the CPC supporters want to double down on the personal attacks on politicians that alienates 50 percent of the voting population, well, as Napoleon once said, never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

personal attacks on politicians that alienates 50 percent of the voting population

It only matters if that 50 percent includes anyone who might vote CPC, just as the personal attacks against Harper only mattered if the people who cared were not already pro-Harper.

Canada has the same problem as the US. There are people who might vote conservative, or even consider themselves conservative, who belong to a "spoiled child" sub-faction - if they can't always have the party running the way they want it to, they throw sand in the gears. They are perfectly happy to pocket the votes of the unwashed peasants and wield power, but unwilling to support the unwashed peasants when the latter might have their chance to pull the levers for a little while.

Nothing like shovelling a quarter billion off the back of the truck, through a non-competed third party contractor who is a Liberal party supporter, and then the people your trying to help complain about it.

Where is their gratitude for the Liberal largess? Pfffft....

Ah shades of Adscam and the funding of the gun control coalition who's CEO was major liberal and they gained contracts to tell the government what they wanted to hear. I always suspected that Ryder Travel was also linked to the Liberals as how they could get away with the fees they charged is beyond me, unless they had "Friends"

... There are people who might vote conservative, or even consider themselves liberal and/or NDP and/or conservative , who belong to a "spoiled child" sub-faction - if they can't always have the party running the way they want it to, they throw sand in the gears. They are perfectly happy to pocket the votes of the unwashed peasants and wield power, but unwilling to support the unwashed peasants when the latter might have their chance to pull the levers for a little while.
To be entirely fair to Team Blue & its supporters, you're onto something that's in more than one party's/ideology's DNA.

Sorry. I disagree with that level of dirt politics. It’s unbecoming and I’m sure if you really look at it, the CPC and their supporters will keep losing if they resort to that kind of stuff. It certainly turns me off.

Not that they are the only ones to do that, of course.

Sorry, but she's incompetent and arrogant and mocking is entirely appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back