• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Yukon Fur Hat

Oldgateboatdriver said:
I guess I must be totally daft.

After wearing the damn things for more than fifty years, in both military and civilian versions, in urban, field ,mountain and all Canadian oceans environments, including the Arctic in winter, I completely failed to notice that toques failed to "meet the requirements of the Canadian climate".

Shhh! Don't say it too loudly or I'll never get my fur hat!

Strike said:
Bummer.  This would have come in handy during my little excursion to Yellowknife in Feb.  Eh, I'll pack it anyway.  Who knows. Things may change.  ;D

It will be dark for a good portion of the day.  I say wear it anyway, no one will see it!  :nod:

Oldgateboatdriver said:
I guess I must be totally daft.

After wearing the damn things for more than fifty years, in both military and civilian versions, in urban, field ,mountain and all Canadian oceans environments, including the Arctic in winter, I completely failed to notice that toques failed to "meet the requirements of the Canadian climate".

Silly  me.

By the way, PETA should investigate those toques also: Th shearing of those poor sheep to provide the wool is just so unethical.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/Smileys/Armyca/sarcasm.gif

Don't forget that we use virgin wool as well!

On a more serious note, I have always supported the toque as an appropriate piece of operational headgear, but I have always maintained it has no place on any kind of dress uniform.  In other words, it's fine on the bridge of a ship at sea, but when walking in downtown Ottawa in service dress, the Yukon hat is the obvious winner.  I also like soft cuddly furry things.

Pusser said:
Don't forget that we use virgin wool as well!

On a more serious note, I have always supported the toque as an appropriate piece of operational headgear, but I have always maintained it has no place on any kind of dress uniform.  In other words, it's fine on the bridge of a ship at sea, but when walking in downtown Ottawa in service dress, the Yukon hat is the obvious winner.  I also like soft cuddly furry things.

Who doesn't like soft cuddly furry things :nod:

Tank Troll said:

Most moderators.

Tank Troll said:

Oh....uh....what to say.........everybody!!! yeah, ....that....

Anyone receive their "soft cuddly furry things " yet for those who ordered..?

I've ordered mine.  Can't wait to wear it, if nothing else to p*** off PETA et al.  Have you ever noticed that there are not of beaver, muskrat or other furry critter lining up to have there fur shaved off so there can wear these oh so superior synthetics, polarfleece etc.  I haven't seen a whole lots of the bears or moose in Gagetown bounding around the Training area wear North Face lightweight thinsolate coats either.  Overly sarcastic I know but fur still rules for warmth.

Tank Troll:

I know the kind of soft cuddly furry things you like, and that concerns me at times.

Pusser said:
I have always supported the toque as an appropriate piece of operational headgear, but I have always maintained it has no place on any kind of dress uniform.  In other words, it's fine on the bridge of a ship at sea, but when walking in downtown Ottawa in service dress, the Yukon hat is the obvious winner.  I also like soft cuddly furry things.
That's pretty much why I ordered mine.

Here's a preview:

I cannot wait to get mine! :D I'll be wearing it everywhere!

CDN Aviator said:
You wear orders of dress 1,2 & 3 much at 1 RCHA ?

You had to ruin my dream eh? I guess I'll be wearing it whenever I'm not working...

Back