• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Beer Brand of Choice

Three words- Fin du Monde.

That's right, french for "End of the World". Brewed in Quebec, 9% and actually quite tastey. Can also be used to de-grease engine parts.

Brockvegas,

As a fellow resident of Leeds-Grenville, is that before or after you drink it?

Actually, I found a new beer to be my favourite, but it's harder to find.

Imperial Lager by Kamloops Brewery (formerly Bear Brewing).

:blotto:

I'm not much of a Beers drinker. I'm a Rye guy myself. Give me a bottle of Crown Royal Limited Edition (It's cheaper in Alberta than it is in Ontario) and I'm good to go.

I will drink Kokanee, Rickard's Red, Guinness, Canadian (sometimes).

I prefer Regular Crown and Coke (Pepsi, no other pop will do) and I tend to taste Crown Limited.

You know, I have not had a Labatt's Blue since 2004 on my last journey home.

Right now ats 2255h, here on a Friday night, and I am stuck chucking a tour of DO here at the Regiment. So, I am desperatly BLUE right now, ha!

So, my flavour of the week is Blue.

Regards from a tad cool winter's nacht here in Bris-Vegas,

Wes

If I'm in a bar I usually drink Canadian or Coors Lite, sometimes Rickard's Red. Always draft. At home its any one of couple different brands of the German Hefe Weiss biers. Fortunately, here in Kingston there are a couple of bars that serve different Weissbiers on tap. Thank goodness for the small pleasures in life. You can also buy them in our local government monopoly stores AKA the LCBO/Beer Store

This thread has gone entirely too long without being bumped.

Come on: with all of the craft beers out there now let's here it! Internationals, come on! Local cheap grogs, give 'er.

When I am just stocking my fridge I like Old Style Pilsner or Keith's Light.

In Scotland I drink Tennent's and have not been able to find it in Canada as of yet.

Local grog: Propeller leads the way for me. Their pilsener, even if hard to find, is brilliant. Less than local: Mill Street Breweries has yummy stuffs!

Yankee: Anchor Steam and Head Strong.

I do enjoy a pint of Guinness and am happy to know where the cheapest pint (so far as I have found) in the province of Nova Scotia is (6 buck 50, the last time I checked)

Internationals: Grolsch, Spitfire, Pilsner Urquell, Czechvar, Staropramen, DAB,, et al.

And cheers.

Guinness when I want something tasty.

Keith's when I want something refreshing.

Whatever I brew when I actually do.  ;D

Meal beer: Stella
Drinking all day at the cottage beer: Brava (the beer of summer lol)

But I don't always buy the same beer, tend to switch it up, but all time favorites are: Heineken (and Canadian is always the backup/safety beer).

I was in Germany and I got hooked on a very tasty beer called König Pilsner, that I recently found out is now stocked at some LCBO's. 

recceguy said:
What characteristics?

Whatever happened to drinking for effect? 8)

The effect is the destination, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the ride there.  ;D

Mmmm, Konig is very nice. Made me think of Kronenbourg, which is also nice!

When I buy beer I might come home with five or six different labels, depending on what is there and what catches my eye.

RG, drinking for effect? That's how we ended up with white beer, is it not? Pfft.

Anything from Heritage Brewing - because their brewery is conveniently located within walking distance of my house...

Warsteiner most of the time for me at home, out in the pub I tend to have Guinness or Heineken depending on my mood.  Now that the World Cup will be on TV soon, it's definitely Beck's time!  I'll have to learn homebrewing soon; I never had the chance for my Grandfather to teach me before he passed away and its always been something of a family tradition...

If it foams, contains alcohol and is cold, I can bear it.

Edit: this does not include recycled beer dipped out of, never mind.

Alexander Keith's IPA.  My fridge is not complete without it.

Back