• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Clothing Donations to Ukrainian Front

Alan

Reaction score
Folks, I am a Ukrainian Canadian with many cousins in Ukraine - one of whom is a major in the 59th Mechanized.

For about a year now I have been sending aid to the front in the form of warm socks for soldiers, and now with winter setting in this is more important than ever.

Standfield's in Nova Scotia gives me socks at wholesale prices - but a significant number of the boxes I've sent have been donated by generous Canadian military veterans. I know that many vets leave active service with unopened socks, shirts, underwear and similar clothing. I will send it to the front if you are kind enough to donate. I've also sent boots and other items

If you are on Facebook and want to follow along look for the group "Socks 4 Ukraine" where I've posted a number of pictures and videos from Ukrainian soldiers thanking us for our efforts.

I am in the Ottawa area but I will send you a shipping label no matter where in Canada you are. You pack a box according to my instructions and I'll ship it.

Your humble moderator @Mike Bobbitt is an old gym-buddy and coworker of mine from several lifetimes ago and he approves of this post :)

Here is a picture of what one generous soldier donated. I know there is lots more like it out there and I can get it to where it needs to go.

sock-donation-002.jpg

Folks, I am a Ukrainian Canadian with many cousins in Ukraine - one of whom is a major in the 59th Mechanized.

For about a year now I have been sending aid to the front in the form of warm socks for soldiers, and now with winter setting in this is more important than ever.

Standfield's in Nova Scotia gives me socks at wholesale prices - but a significant number of the boxes I've sent have been donated by generous Canadian military veterans. I know that many vets leave active service with unopened socks, shirts, underwear and similar clothing. I will send it to the front if you are kind enough to donate. I've also sent boots and other items

If you are on Facebook and want to follow along look for the group "Socks 4 Ukraine" where I've posted a number of pictures and videos from Ukrainian soldiers thanking us for our efforts.

I am in the Ottawa area but I will send you a shipping label no matter where in Canada you are. You pack a box according to my instructions and I'll ship it.

Your humble moderator @Mike Bobbitt is an old gym-buddy and coworker of mine from several lifetimes ago and he approves of this post :)

Here is a picture of what one generous soldier donated. I know there is lots more like it out there and I can get it to where it needs to go.

View attachment 81332
I just retired and have a few pairs of combat boots and a whole bunch of new socks I can give you. Im in Ottawa too.

View attachment 81332
Nothing Offer GIF

I got contacted by a random soldier that I've never heard of before. He had cashed in his entire allotment of clothing to send to Ukraine. Socks, a hat, 3 tourniquets, and 3 blast bandages!

Amazing! Slava Ukraini! I will get this on the way immediately!

Attachments

• socks-2024-01-18.jpg
    socks-2024-01-18.jpg
    654.3 KB · Views: 8
I got contacted by a random soldier that I've never heard of before. He had cashed in his entire allotment of clothing to send to Ukraine. Socks, a hat, 3 tourniquets, and 3 blast bandages!

Amazing! Slava Ukraini! I will get this on the way immediately!
Since it is not particularly legal for someone in the CAF to do what they just did, you might want to think twice about broadcasting that to the entire internet.

Since it is not particularly legal for someone in the CAF to do what they just did, you might want to think twice about broadcasting that to the entire internet.
I've had some pretty high ranking people do similarly without worrying too much about it.

Since you aren't offering to help, you might want to just sit this one out and make room for those who are helping.

I've had some pretty high ranking people do similarly without worrying too much about it.

Since you aren't offering to help, you might want to just sit this one out and make room for those who are helping.
You might want to wind it in a little. He’s trying to give you some advice.

I get that. But (1) most of the donations I get from soldiers are anonymous, (2) I haven't given out any names here, (3) I cannot for the life of me imagine someone in the Canadian military being charged or even reprimanded for this.

Just the other day NATO top brass was calling for a "whole of society approach" to helping Ukraine in NATO countries.

That means all of us. Russia is our neighbour to the north. They are a direct threat to us especially at a time when they are invading other countries. They are already making claims to parts of Europe who are our NATO allies. An awful lot of people need to wake up to what is going on here.

I get that your intentions are noble.

I am just pointing out that, when a CAF member goes on to the LogistikCorp website, there is a warning that all clothing online purchases are for the member’s personal use. There is no caveat that says “but, go ahead and order extra for Ukrainian soldiers”.

But, you do you.

I am doing me, and they are doing them. I am sure every single one of them knows what they are doing.

Back