• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Beer Brand of Choice

recceguy said:
Not exactly my main choice, but good for a hoot now and then. We have a barhere, appropriately named Rock Bottom, that serves Delirium Tremens, a strong pale ale from the Huyghe Brewery in Belgium.

This stuff runs about 9% on a regular day and they say it gets stronger the longer it sits in the keg. You'll never taste the alcohol though. It's a pale, crisp beer that has a meduim taste of hops, a slightly sweet aftertaste and a lingering finish.

It works well with the cajun dusted wings they also serve there.

Oh, and you can get it by the pitcher  ;D

I'll bet you love Wednesday nights, eh Recceguy?

ekpiper said:
I'll bet you love Wednesday nights, eh Recceguy?

Ribs on Monday,
I can do without the Tutti Frutti Tuesdays (pina coladas and other umbrella drinks)
2 4 1 wings Wednesday
Perch Thursdays
Halibut & chips Friday and;
Breakfast Sat & Sunday until 16:00 ;D

If you can ignore the Uni kids, almost any day is good ;)

Just came back from a course in Germany. I now have a new front runner in my top beers... Make is Hernbrau and the specific mix I was so fond of is Helles.

recceguy said:
Ribs on Monday,
I can do without the Tutti Frutti Tuesdays (pina coladas and other umbrella drinks)
2 4 1 wings Wednesday
Perch Thursdays
Halibut & chips Friday and;
Breakfast Sat & Sunday until 16:00 ;D

If you can ignore the Uni kids, almost any day is good ;)

Heh, their late Sunday breakfast is great.  I can't stand those crazy university kids at all!  <_<

Scott said:
That doesn't change the fact that he belongs in a skirt when quaffing that vile shit, same goes for cider

Just to let you know, last night at the Celtic Pub Crawl, I drank cider all night.  And wore a skirt.  A very short one.  :nod:    ;)

PMedMoe said:
Just to let you know, last night at the Celtic Pub Crawl, I drank cider all night.  And wore a skirt.  A very short one.  :nod:    ;)
And did you manage to wake up for the All Blacks-France rugby game?  :whistle:

Oh well, at least made it for the pub crawl.  :stirpot:

Edit: OK, I have to admit, she did wear a short skirt  :nod:

I was in Victoria during the Olympics last year and took to watching the hockey games at Spinnakers Brewpub.  I tasted many good beers, but my favourite was a Belgian wheat beer called Fog Fighter. 

Journeyman said:
And did you manage to wake up for the All Blacks-France rugby game?  :whistle:

No, I didn't and yet somehow, I survived.  ;)

I actually enjoyed drinking KEO on HLTA. Could it just be that it was the first beer I had tasted in months?

I would step over my own mother for a Keith's Tartan Ale at this point.... :piper:

Molson has bought out Granville Island Brewery through one of their smaller breweries here in ON Creemore Springs.

I used to bring a lot of it back whenever I was on the Left coast, now it's popping up here in the LCBO and on Tap.

Love their Lion Winter Ale, and their Brockton IPA.

Of course Creemore makes a very decent Kellerbier, and Ur-Bock......

It's nice to see the buy out from a larger brewery like Molson Coors didn't affect the quality of the brew, just added marketing and distribution.

RangerRay said:
You must either be from Vancouver Island, or on welfare.  ;D

LOL.

Maybe both?

Not crazy about Lucky...yes it's cheap...but that seems to be about all it's got going for it.

Back