• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Beer Brand of Choice

Okanagan Springs Pale Ale...nectar of the gods!

Kilkenny and Guiness rank up there, if I am in a splurging mood, especially on St. Patty's!

Sleeman's Honeybrown Ale and Alexander Keith's IPA are not bad...for eastern beers... ;D

If I have to drink a mass produced lager, I will drink Kokanee.

The cornucopia of quality German beers is something that has to be experienced in person!

I tried Okanagan Springs Pale Ale once as a draught beer while out skiing.  Very bitter.  I'll stick with Canadian, or Keith's.

Everyone knows that us ahem more brilliant types prefer Guinness (by the way I noticed some of you guys spelt it wrong, thats sacrilege).  My second favourite is an English stout named Mackeson, which is also brewed under license by the breweries in my native land of St. Kitts  and my paternal ancestral home, Barbados.  After that, Banks Milk Stout (Guyana) Tennents Milk Stout (Scotland), Ceres Stout (Denmark), Royal Extra Stout (Trinidad, also brewed under license in St. Kitts).

As for the piss coloured brews, the best i've ever had is a Cuban beer named Cristal, 2nd place Skol, a small English brand brewed exclusively under license in St. Kitts.  The best Continental European beer i've had is Becks (Germany). I would tie Heineken and Stella Artois (the latter is from Belgium) jointly in second place among the European beers i've had. 

Of the Latin American beers Corona is the best, followed by Dos Equis.  There's a lesser known one made in the Dominican Republic named Presidente which is excellent.  The beers we make in the Caribbean are not as well known internationally, but are excellent and have won international several awards. 

The best Caribbean brew has got to be Guinness (it fits in this category because the Guinness brewed here has a vastly different taste to the Irish one).  Some years ago Guinness held a competition among its brewers worldwide and the Kittitian (that means from St. Kitts) brew place 2nd overall, the brewery in Ireland came first.  Other great West Indian beers, of a lighter gold shade now(I mentioned the dark ones above), include Skol, Stag(Trinidad, St. Kitts), Piton (St. Lucia), Red Stripe (Jamaica), Carib (Trinidad, St. Kitts), Heiroun (St. Vincent), Wadaddli (Antigua) and Kalik (Bahamas).  As you can tell by the length of this post Cameron loves his beers. :cheers:

Well, my avatar picture certainly isn't a water glass.  ;D

I am on a mission to try as many different beer as possible this year. 

My local favorite would have to be Wellington Imperial Stout.  I have found Wellington to be an all around good brewer.

Worldwide, my favorite is Chimay Blue, amazing beer.

There is a brewery opening down the street from me shortly, Grand River Brewing.  I am looking forward to that in a big way.

One point I didn't mention previously ( didn't want to turn an already long post into an epistle ;D), but most North American beers i've tried have left me a little underwhelmed, their taste is a little too watery and give awful hangovers.  There are two stellar exceptions though, Samuel Adams is not only the best North American beer i've drank, but one of the best period and MGD comes a close second. Miller Lite is the only light beer i've had so far worthy of the name beer (I haven't tried the new Heineken Light yet), and Miller's non alcoholic brew Sharp's is the only one apart from Becks non alcoholic that actually tastes like beer, and good beer to boot. 

A warm Canadian, yes i know i like warm beer you can make fun..... here...... I don't know why i just can't drink cold beer it makes me feel sick

If I did have lots of cash, then it would be Keiths
little cash, then Canadian
I also drink budweiser from time to time

Definitely has to be Guinness, especially if you've skipped a meal.
Lighter patio fare, Alexander Keith's or Corona (with a lime).
Strapped for cash & drinking at home?  Lakeport is not too bad.

Beer?  I assume you also include Ales, Pilseners and Lagers, no?

I prefer Lagers.

Well I am a scotch drinker though I dabble in the art of the carbonated nectar and would have to say Pabst Blue Ribbon a drink of trashy Americans across the nation. I picked the taste up being down here so long, hey they didn't win the blue ribbon for placing second.  Take care, Can-American

I used to like Frosted Frog by the Maritime Beer Company.  You might find this site useful: http://www.realbeer.com/canada/

These sites are good too;
http://beeradvocate.com/ (They have a print magazine too)
http://www.ratebeer.com/
http://beerme.com/
http://www.bartowel.com/
http://www.worldofbeer.com/totm/

Why yes, I am a beer-geek.

Beer geek eh? I've got to be one of those and don't even know it.

I like Heineken though because it's a green bottle. No it taste good though.Get your hand off my Heini....

Green bottles are ok, as are clear as long as the beer is in a SEALED case.  It doesn't take very long for beer to become light struck, and get skunky.

1)Guinness extra cold
2)Killkenny
5) Keith's
4) moosehead.

i cant stand American or European lagers.

This is making me thirsty!!!!!  And it's not even 9 o'clock yet.  ;D

1. Heiniken, except the elephant brand
2. Becks
3. Dortmunder (probably mispelled)
4. Tenents (Scottish brew) had the nice picture on the can lived on this in Egypt
5. any thing they serve in Gemany or Austria
6. Molson Canadian just because it is patriotic

Beer memory, Canada Day 76 - Herc sent to Ismalllia with Cdn beer, by the time I got back to base the only thing left was Red Cap almost as bad a Cinci

I am home brewer and a big fan of the craft brewing renaissance going on right now - life is too short to drink watery beer. Canada has great beers, if you look for them: Hophead India Pale Ale, Tree Brewing, Kelowna; Paddywhack IPA, Nelson Organic Brewery, Nelson; Industrial Park Pale Ale, Wild Rose Brewery, Calgary;  Full Moon Pale Ale, Alley Kat Brewery, Edmonton, to name just a few of my favorites. And then there are the West Coast US beers - Stone Brewery, Anchor, Sierra Nevada, .... mmm. Try out your local craft brewery - you may be surprised (and don't blame me if you get hooked).

Back