• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Beer Brand of Choice

I just tried a beer called Hefeweizen (from Granville Island Brewing) the other day in Vancouver, and very refreshing, and crisp.  Might have bee the heat that I was trying to escape from as it was 30 outside.  A nice micro-brew and a must try.

herseyjh said:
I just tried a beer called Hefeweizen (from Granville Island Brewing) the other day in Vancouver, and very refreshing, and crisp.  Might have bee the heat that I was trying to escape from as it was 30 outside.  A nice micro-brew and a must try.

Welcome to the bigger world of German-style beer. "Hef" as we used to call it, has been a staple beer for many many years. I'll bet quite a few old salts here on Army.ca who served in the FRG back in the day have some good Hefeweizen memories, or lack thereof  :cheers:

BTW- I can sympathize with your heat wave up in Vancouver. I live down in Eugene, Oregon, which isn't far south of you. It was 101 degrees today. I'm not sure hot hot 30 degrees celsius is, but it doesn't sound good. My wife and I went to Chili's and drank margaritas in the air conditioned cool.

Keiths.......

It's my favourite. Anyone remember when they used to sell it in 2L plastic bottles?

But when out west..... Alberta Genuine Draft. Last time I was there $12 for 15 cans! cheaper than water! and doesn't taste bad either!!!

Or when overseas.....Erdinger. A german/austrian (not sure, too pissed each time I drank it). Comes in very tall, almost-yard-of-ale type glasses, and you're guaranteed to have a good night on the stuff!!!!!

Sub_Guy said:
Carlton Cold and Victoria Bitter for me!

I just can't seem to find either in Canada  :threat:

A Coldie and a VB, good choices Sub_Guy!

Cheers,

Wes

You have no idea! I have spent some time in OZ (Timor, Tandem Thrust 01)  I couldn't get enough Carlton Cold, and VB.  Sipping on those sure kept the body temperature down while sitting outside http://www.rorkesdrift.com.au/ in Darwin for four months.

While in Faslane in support of the HMCS Chicoutimi I noticed they had VB in the stores, needless to say my hotel room always had VB on ice.

Mud Recce Man said:
I think you are making that one up.  If not...send me one   ;D

PS - You defect to Upper Canada yet?

I will do you one better than that. If you end up in Trenton as well we will have one by the pool some evening. I leave Wednesday after my march out.

Sub_Guy said:
You have no idea! I have spent some time in OZ (Timor, Tandem Thrust 01)   I couldn't get enough Carlton Cold, and VB.  Sipping on those sure kept the body temperature down while sitting outside http://www.rorkesdrift.com.au/ in Darwin for four months.

Ah, Mitchell Street, Darwin. Let me see..... The Fox and Fiddle, Kitty O'sheas, The Lizard Bar, Shinanigans (AKA Shags), and of course Rorkes Drift. Other haunts, the Parap Pub, the Vic Hotel, The Pub bar, The Ski Club, Dinah Beach Yaught Club, Humpty Doo Pub out at Humpty Doo. Ya I know Darwin and surrounding areas well. Many hangovers. Full of great places to eat ( at Cullen Bay, Fanny Bay, and East Point).

Glad you had fun.

Cheers,

Wes

Gramps said:
I will do you one better than that. If you end up in Trenton as well we will have one by the pool some evening. I leave Wednesday after my march out.

Roger that!  I expect to be off to CFSCE just down the road...waiting for the call now...tic toc tic toc

I have 8 Wing as my 1st posting pref, then 1 Wing....and then (cough cough) 19 Wing.

Corona is up there.

James Ready was my fav way back when...

Aww, come on, nothing beats a nice bottle of "Great White".    ;D

Mud Recce Man said:
Roger that!  I expect to be off to CFSCE just down the road...waiting for the call now...tic toc tic toc

I have 8 Wing as my 1st posting pref, then 1 Wing....and then (cough cough) 19 Wing.

Well I had 4CFMCU, 1 CFJSR, and ASU Toronto as my preferences. I was told I would be promoted and posted to 4CFMCU, Montreal so off to 2 AMU, Trenton I go lol. At least I can get my Steam Whistlethough, it is only sold in Ontario.

Gramps said:
Well I had 4CFMCU, 1 CFJSR, and ASU Toronto as my preferences. I was told I would be promoted and posted to 4CFMCU, Montreal so off to 2 AMU, Trenton I go lol. At least I can get my Steam Whistlethough, it is only sold in Ontario.

Isn't it ALL about Steam Whistle?  Like..the meaning of life?????

Mud Recce Man said:
Isn't it ALL about Steam Whistle?  Like..the meaning of life?????

You and my wife but my father told me to never drink a beer I could see through.

when I'm in the mood for a cheap drunk, I can get a bottle of boones 14% wine with a fiver and get change back. Its like getting kackered up on fruit punch! ;D

Danny said:
Now I know somebody is going to say that this doesnt belong here but I think it does, we canadians love our beer!

My question is:

What is your favorite beer?

Mine is Alpine.  ummmmmmmmmmmm Alpine!!

I hear ya Buddy.....even tho its 2 years later...Alpine all the way  :salute:

Back