• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Beer Brand of Choice

There is no beer that taste quite as good as the beer the other fellow buys! Everything else is just cash out of your pocket!  :)

Sleeman's is barely microbrew anymore... but still tasty

My pers favourite is Steamwhistle - that's good stuff, true microbrew out of TO - and I'm another anti-TO westerner, so you know it's gotta be good.  If only SK Liquor Board would carry it - *sigh*

I also like the beers produced by Unibroue in Quebec, especially Maudite and La Fin Du Monde

Not a fan of Czech beers, and it's tough to find a bad German or Belgian brew

When I'm having a rich meal (read: pub grub) I love to wash it down with Guiness, Smithwick's and Kilkenny

Kieth's was much better before being bought out by Molson (or was it Labatt?), Molson and Labatt's seem to add a "taint" to any micro they buy, and I shed a tear for Creemore Springs, for they are now a micro owned by Molson, and quality will undoubtedly slide.

tlm.

I have a question for ya'll. Is Guinness on draft common up in Canada? it's tough to find in the states. Where I live in Eugene, Oregon, there are only a couple of places that serve it the right way. Usually, you find it in bottles, which seems almost sacrilegious.  :cheers:

Having been born and raised in Guelph, I'd have to say Sleeman Original Draught or Sleeman Honey Brown are the #1 choices for me. I also enjoy a Canadian every once in a while

Red 6 said:
I have a question for ya'll. Is Guinness on draft common up in Canada? it's tough to find in the states. Where I live in Eugene, Oregon, there are only a couple of places that serve it the right way. Usually, you find it in bottles, which seems almost sacrilegious.  :cheers:

Most often it is on Tap.....but you can buy it in Cans at the Liquor Store.

There are also Guiness bottles with a widget inside... though they are using a more or less standard size bottle, so the widget fills space better occupied by beer :(

I'm also quite partial to Unibroue's Blanche de Chambly, a white beer on lees.

extra old stock (high test)

:cheers: scoty  :cheers:

Walsh said:
Canadian..

You're 15 years old. This thread is about your favourite beer, not beer commercial, t-shirt or gym bag. If your breaking the law, we don't want to hear about it.

Not a very good example for a Cadet WO to be showing. Don't be suprised if someone, like another Mod, doesn't take offence.

Heineken and Warsteiner....mmm ;D any kind of German, Dutch or Belgian beer!

La Fin Du Monde
That's good stuff too. Molson Canadian used to be my domestic beer of choice and the one I drank most often but since Molson is no longer Canadian I've switched to Moosehead.

I decided to bring this topic back up, because today I turned 18 today and had my very first (legal) beer with my dad (I decided on Guinness Draught) and very much enjoyed it (the wait was the best part ;) )

whoa this is a big thread  :eek:

But on the topic of the thread molson for me.

James Boag's has to be in my top. Its a nice heavy beer and is dead classy. Great taste too.
I'm looking at my beer wall (I've a collection that takes up a few metres on the wall, two bottles or cans of each beer) trying to pick a clear winner. Its too hard!
I'm a beer snob though, it all depends on the weather, the food, the company.
Something like KingFisher or 333 (Indian and Vietnamese respectively) are top beers to just enjoy and drink.
Carlton Draught and VB are good for those regular gatherings or house parties but Carlton Draught is a brillant Pub beer while i tend to think Victoria Bitter is not.
Pure Blond is a good beer, like Draught but you wont get fat from drinking it, and seeing as I'm such a health freak (Cough cough) that's pretty important. Its also a little classier.
Tiger is a lovely nice beer with all the flavours and tangs to it. Tuborg is in with that one too. Hoegaarden is simply beautiful drop, Belgian beer does that.
A good "Heavier" feeling beer is Coopers Red or Green.
Wow, theres too many to list! I could keep going but I'm already sounding like a total wanker.
Alexander Keith's was the only beer that I'd go after when i over with you blokes. East Coast beers agree with me because i fancy the heavier tasting beer.
I just wish i could buy it over here  :(
"KEATS PLEASE!"

Tap beer:
Summer: Carlsberg & Lime
Winter: Boddingtons or Kilkenny
Honorable mention to domestics..... Keith's & Sleeman "green"

Bottled
Import - Heineken, Cheetah (Indian)
Domestic -
UNIBROUE - Blanche de Chambly / Maudite / Fin du monde
Keith's, (does Schooner still exist?),

Keith's....

or umm that wheatbeer i used to drink from out west... I wanna say Warthog.   

correction: Grasshopper from Big Rock Brewery

Back