• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

World Of Warships

I think I will keep my St Louis, though.  It seems to be able to keep up a continuous rate of fire, not suffering from a long reload, nor long wait for turrets to turn when you change tacks.

St. Louis has a great rate of fire and an excellent ability to start fires.  It's a good DD killer, but it's range of fire, maneuverability and speed are terrible.  It's basically torp bait.  When playing a CV I get all excited when I see a St. Louis because it's almost a free kill.

I find the higher level US CCs are much more survivable with the added advantage of good AA.

I've been captivated by the Bismarck ever since seeing pictures of it as a kid, so I broke down and bought a Tirpizt.  The ship is awesome but is fodder for CV's.  Without cruiser support you are hooped.  That being said, the Tirpizt with a premium account will bring in just under 200K credits for a loss and over 350K credits for a win, (not counting the daily bonuses). 

However my favourite ships so far have to be the DD's.  I love skirting the islands looking for those lone BB's or making dashes to the enemy CV's.  Whenever I find them parked behind and island my crew will queue up our evil laugh:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfUM5xHUY4M

DD's im finding fun, even if your quick to die, peoples mistakes are your exploits, once killed 3 BB's in a match with torps at under 3km, when people get tunnel vision when shooting you can sneak in easily. So far I've gotten to the Farragut, it's a quick and nimble ship, nothing like the Japanese BB's I played in the closed Beta.

Just started playing...enjoying it so far but just up to tier II at the moment.  Nice thing is that at least you don't seem to be one-shot killed like you can be in World of Tanks (at least at the lower levels).

Working on getting my  S. Carolina upgraded to Wyoming. It takes a long time go get 9000 XP, and that doesn't include the improvements you have to make along the way. I can only imagine how long it's going to take to move up again.

GR66 said:
Just started playing...enjoying it so far but just up to tier II at the moment.  Nice thing is that at least you don't seem to be one-shot killed like you can be in World of Tanks (at least at the lower levels).

Warships is great in the fact if by some stroke of bad luck a Teir 1 was in a teir 10 match, you could still be useful in theory.

Modlrmike: if you think thats bad my next DD is 76000 exp. It just gets worse from there.

Due to this discussion, I just starting playing as well.
Leveled up to II in a couple of days as well.

I've been playing WOT, but I pretty much have all the tanks I wanted, minus the amx 30.

Is WOW worth the download or does one need to be a naval fanatic to enjoy it?

Altair said:
I've been playing WOT, but I pretty much have all the tanks I wanted, minus the amx 30.

Is WOW worth the download or does one need to be a naval fanatic to enjoy it?

You dont need to be a fanatic at all

I'm going to give it a try. Not super impressed by there only being two nations to pick from(according to WOW wiki) but I remember WOT being the same way at the start.

I'm willing to wait it out for new tech trees as long as the gameplay is ok.

Well.  You can whip out the ole credit card and buy Russian or German Premiums.

Altair said:
I'm going to give it a try. Not super impressed by there only being two nations to pick from(according to WOW wiki) but I remember WOT being the same way at the start.

On Oct 19th they are releasing the German cruiser line and the Russian destroyer line.  The Russian destroyers are supposed to be quite impressive.

TwoTonShackle said:
On Oct 19th they are releasing the German cruiser line and the Russian destroyer line.  The Russian destroyers are supposed to be quite impressive.

German Destroyers aren't to far behind them either

My BB is the USS New York. It's a Tier V, and I just found out today that if I use AP rounds, I can sink a cruiser in about 4 or 5 solid hits. 
Yikes.

EDIT TO ADD: my preferred method of engaging is to fire one turret at a time.  This way I can adjust my aiming point (as required) and then fire  continually with turret after turret.  This way, if the enemy suffers a critical hit, his repair teams will be put into overtime trying to manage with crisis after crisis.

At close range, however, I fire as fast as I can to blast the enemy out of the water as quickly as I can.  I'm not made for close quarter battles, and I'll put range between me and them as best as I can if it comes to that.

Got up to the st louis, it's a pretty good game. I'll keep it around until I see the new lines.

Technoviking said:
EDIT TO ADD: my preferred method of engaging is to fire one turret at a time.  This way I can adjust my aiming point (as required) and then fire  continually with turret after turret.  This way, if the enemy suffers a critical hit, his repair teams will be put into overtime trying to manage with crisis after crisis.

I use that as well with my Wyoming.  Spread your rounds about 6-8 seconds apart, and they just keep pounding the enemy ship to pieces.

Technoviking said:
My BB is the USS New York. It's a Tier V, and I just found out today that if I use AP rounds, I can sink a cruiser in about 4 or 5 solid hits. 
Yikes.

At close range, however, I fire as fast as I can to blast the enemy out of the water as quickly as I can.  I'm not made for close quarter battles, and I'll put range between me and them as best as I can if it comes to that.

Just be careful for over penetration, the game is designed so if your calibre is double the armour of the ship you'll just pass through, in which case HE is best, so light cruisers and destroyers are best engaged with HE from large calibre battleships, while using AP for heavy cruisers and other battleships

Back