• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

World Of Warships

I'm only to tier 3 (St Louis) as well and actually enjoy all the cruisers so far (T1-3 US, T1&2 Japanese). 

Seem to have the most luck using HE and causing tons of fires and module hits.  Key to fighting against BBs seems to be long range HE in support of your own BBs (stay far enough away that some other poor sucker is their target!)

Have only done a few battles in the Japanese T2 destroyer and I can see lots of potential in the torpedoes, but haven't quite figured out a way to play it effectively without being killed yet.  Not a huge suprise...I suck at light tanks in World of Tanks too!

Thing with DDs is to realize the range of your torpedoes.  I see so many firing torpedoes well outside of their range.  You want to do real damage, you have to get up close and personal.....which usually leads to you being sunk.....
It is a knack to getting your aim and timing down with the torpedoes.......or luck.  ;D 

Lumber said:
I'm also using the St. Louis at the moment. I enjoy it's large broadside of guns, but I find you really need to be beam-on to target in order to get all the guns to fire. Further, it just doesn't look badass. I feel like I'm driving around an armed cruise liner than a cruiser. I'm about one round away from buying my first BB. I haven't tried using a destroyer yet.

Yes, the American cruisers early on do look like quickly modified merchant vessels. But once you get your first BB, you will realize size doesn't always matter!

When it takes 30 seconds to reload, and another 7 seconds for your rounds to travel 10km, to find out all your shots missed.... you'll be happy for those quick firing guns! Haha

sometimes I shoot torps to deny an area to the enemy and encourage them to go where I can get closer under cover.

Tried to sell off my S. Carolina, but because I have an upgrade loaded they want me to spend 25 coins to dismount it before the sale. In other words, I have to pay to sell my ship. Screw that noise! Just about solidifies my intention to start over.

ModlrMike said:
Tried to sell off my S. Carolina, but because I have an upgrade loaded they want me to spend 25 coins to dismount it before the sale. In other words, I have to pay to sell my ship. Screw that noise! Just about solidifies my intention to start over.

you can sell it with the module equipped and gain back I think 50% in credits

I found a very useful site for hidden controls.Of the one's used I like the Z button after firing a round. ;D
Another useful item is using your secondary weapons for shooting surface targets. :D

https://www.themittani.com/features/world-warships-hidden-controls

I've found with the DD's it's best to try and sneak between islands away from the corridors always traveled. In most games the CAs and DDs streak ahead so if you can get around them and sneak into the BB line of battle, you can do some real damage with your torps. Best case scenario, you punch through the line of battle and take out the CVs. I've pulled this off a few times in DDs with 4 -5 kills in each.

jeffb said:
I've found with the DD's it's best to try and sneak between islands away from the corridors always traveled. In most games the CAs and DDs streak ahead so if you can get around them and sneak into the BB line of battle, you can do some real damage with your torps. Best case scenario, you punch through the line of battle and take out the CVs. I've pulled this off a few times in DDs with 4 -5 kills in each.

This is exactly how I like to play. Sometimes I don't even avoid the enemy ships, I just sail right past them (the advantages of the Japanese Minekaze).

tomahawk6 said:
I found a very useful site for hidden controls.Of the one's used I like the Z button after firing a round. ;D
Another useful item is using your secondary weapons for shooting surface targets. :D

https://www.themittani.com/features/world-warships-hidden-controls

WHAT!  Idividually fired torps!  *dances*  I could have used that so many times!

jeffb said:

One of the best uses for the DD in team play is to shoot a spread of torps at a grouping of BB's and CC's to get them to spread out.  Then your aircraft come into attack.  At higher tiers the AA fire is much more effective and you often loose aircraft, esp if the enemy is grouping up.  DD's torps might not kill anyone but as they all scramble to evade it breaks up their formation and your team can then do more damage by picking off the stragglers and focus firing better.

I'm noticing that tier 5/6/7 the game experience changes esp for DD's.  Not only are the players better and more dedicated by the margin for error is slimmer.  DD's can't just "slip by" any more and often can get wrecked by secondary BB fire even if the BB is looking the other way.  A single cruiser broadside can destroy your DD easily.  Also the torps don't do as much damage relative to the enemies HP depending on the target.  Higher tier players can also wreck you with torp bombers using the Alt attack command if you aren't paying attention whereas in lower tiers they don't know what they are doing.

They have added German and Russian ships and the German ships are alot of fun,the Russian one's not so much. :camo:

Back