• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

World Of Warships

Halifax Tar

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
I am a closed beta tester for this game and I will say I loved it, I may be biased though.

Anyone else here a CBT for the game or planning on playing when it reaches open beta test and full release ? 

I am beta testing it as well and for the most part find it a lot of fun to play.  There are a few flaws, but for the most part I find it a good game.  The flaw I hate the most is where I scroll in on a target, and accidentally touch the scroll button as I fire, putting me in camera mod following the shot/torpedo and losing control of my ship.....thus getting me killed or beached in most instances. 

Love playing the Destroyers and Aircraft Carriers.

Learning the hard way to empty out my Reserve Capts so I can move an experienced Capt to next ship.

Game gets a "Thumbs Up" from me.

Lucky you guys. I'm still waiting to hear if my application to join the CBT will be accepted or not. I've seen some video's on youtube and it looks like a really great game. I much prefer the Wargaming games as opposed to gajin and War Thunder.

KerryBlue said:
Lucky you guys. I'm still waiting to hear if my application to join the CBT will be accepted or not. I've seen some video's on youtube and it looks like a really great game. I much prefer the Wargaming games as opposed to gajin and War Thunder.

Check out themightyjingles and baronvongamer on youtube both have great WOWS videos.

I prefer war thunder tanks over WOT.

George Wallace said:
I am beta testing it as well and for the most part find it a lot of fun to play.  There are a few flaws, but for the most part I find it a good game.  The flaw I hate the most is where I scroll in on a target, and accidentally touch the scroll button as I fire, putting me in camera mod following the shot/torpedo and losing control of my ship.....thus getting me killed or beached in most instances. 

Love playing the Destroyers and Aircraft Carriers.

Learning the hard way to empty out my Reserve Capts so I can move an experienced Capt to next ship.

Game gets a "Thumbs Up" from me.

Their are some real nuances eh.

I haven't tried CAs yet or DDs, torps seemed to be beyond me so far.  I am in love with the American cruiser line though and I am going to start the IJN Battleship line today.  The joys of being on IR hahaha I can devote as much time as I want to gaming lol.  That ends July 15th though as I am posted back to Halifax this APS.

You should PM your handle and we can team up!

I have only played War Thunder tanks a couple of times and find the maps not to be player friendly.  The one tank I have fishtails like crazy.  I have real problems finding and identifying the enemy and friendly tanks.  The aircraft side of the house -- well I really suck at flying their planes.

I am waiting for Armor Warfare to come out.  WarGaming is already paying bloggers and staff to troll Armor Warfare sites; so it must be a real threat to WoT.

I just signed up for the closed beta. Hope to hear if I'm selected soon!

George Wallace said:
I am waiting for Armor Warfare to come out.  WarGaming is already paying bloggers and staff to troll Armor Warfare sites; so it must be a real threat to WoT.

Watching some video's on Armored Warfare and I can see why. It looks like a great game, seems like the classes will be differentiated better then in WoT. Mind you I'll always love playing the WWII tanks in WoT

personally I like War thunder more, especially the new Full realistic battle mode with no markers they just tested, really makes it a skill based game cause you have to use the ole Mk. 1 eye ball to confirm what your looking at before you engage, you can hide, sneak up on and really use a lot of tactics. Armoured warfare looks fun. In regards to WoW im in the CBT, i like what im seeing, can't wait to see more content when it goes live. Only thing i don't like is how its one item with a long cool down to fix flooding or fire. if you use it once and get it again your doomed

I am in CB as well, I think I am more of a Cruiser kinda of guy, sank a Kongo with my St Louis with 118 hits, the Clemson class destroyers are great although the Japanese have longer ranger torpedo's. Now up to Tier 4 on most and playing with my first BB. The St Louis class also make good DD killers as you can continually adjust your fire as the DD zig zags. Need more sea room though the turning radius of some ships take up a 1/2 of the sea room on your side of the map. 

Colin P said:
I am in CB as well, I think I am more of a Cruiser kinda of guy, sank a Kongo with my St Louis with 118 hits, the Clemson class destroyers are great although the Japanese have longer ranger torpedo's. Now up to Tier 4 on most and playing with my first BB. The St Louis class also make good DD killers as you can continually adjust your fire as the DD zig zags. Need more sea room though the turning radius of some ships take up a 1/2 of the sea room on your side of the map.

The initial IJN BB is a tough grind right now as most people are a way above it in tier.  So the match maker ends up putting you up against bigger badder opponents.  With a top speed of 20 knots and a range, at best, of 9K most will stay out of your range and hammer you, Cleveland's are your worst nightmare.  After the Kawachi though its pretty reasonable I have to say.  Myogi is fast and and reach out to 15K.

I love my Cleveland.  Outstanding DPM and quick!

I agree the maps should be bigger with more sea room.

If anyone ever wants to platoon on War Thunder or Wot feel free to add me.
WOT:azelyk
WT:apmz

Halifax Tar said:
I agree the maps should be bigger with more sea room.

You'd have to make a dramatic increase in the cap timer. As it is, its very tough to get back to reset a cap.

PuckChaser said:
You'd have to make a dramatic increase in the cap timer. As it is, its very tough to get back to reset a cap.

I'd agree, another issue i find is AA fire is not effective at all against aircraft, I had planes circle me and two destroyers and barely take any damage before they attacked

Shot down several aircraft already, if you push the Y button it is supposed to help. I sank a Fuso with 4 rds of AP fom my low tier Japanese battleship yesterday, he rounded the corner of an island at 5 km away, thought he was going to pound me to a pulp, but he just blew up, must of hit a magazine. The Phoniex class cruiser fully upgraded is decent, stock it is painful.

Colin P said:
Shot down several aircraft already, if you push the Y button it is supposed to help. I sank a Fuso with 4 rds of AP fom my low tier Japanese battleship yesterday, he rounded the corner of an island at 5 km away, thought he was going to pound me to a pulp, but he just blew up, must of hit a magazine. The Phoniex class cruiser fully upgraded is decent, stock it is painful.

Citadel and magazine hits.  Well done.  Shooting "center mass" is the name of the game.

Managed to get in the CBT for WoWS so if anyone ever wants to platoon feel free to add me.

I will watch for you, there is a major update coming with IJN CV's and US Battleships along with flags and other perks. I quite enjoy the US Cruisers and DD which are like mini-cruiser and my Cleveland makes money hand over fist as does my Omaha.

Back