• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's your gas price? 2.0

And as predicted here in NL,

Commencing 12:01 a.m., Thursday, January 8, 2009, the maximum retail pump prices to be charged for the listed petroleum products appearing in the Table below (in cents per litre) including all applicable taxes, are effective for all pricing zones identified within the Table, and continuing until such time as changes are made by the Board.

Avalon Peninsula $0.859/L

Old Sweat said:
Thanks, Vern. Without asking my bud, Google, are there regional variations?

They set the maximum price, but there is no "minimum" price set. So stations can decrease prices lower, but can't rise above the maximum. Competition then keeps prices relatively standard throughout all the regions.

Even when travelling to and fro between Charlottetown and Freddy during my IR posting, there was only 1 or 2 cents difference between Freddy (low region) and Port Elgin (high).

This week's price chart is attached below:

Must be nice Vern lol, look at the variation of prices throughout the island in my link.

Thanks. By the way, the snow has finally quit, the weather radar is clear and the sun is shining. And, my back has stopped aching from the shovelling this morning. If you folks are getting dumped on, it too shall pass.

Prices in the Maritimes are all over the place/never the exact same, by province, counties within the provinces, or locations within the counties.  I am posted to Halifax, my 9r D lives in Dieppe NB, and we are both from PEI and visit *home* quite often, so I bop around between all 3.  We never pay the same price for either car (her Mazda is gas, my VW is a diesel) in either of the 3 provinces and it also varies between companies.  The Ultramar by Champlain Mall (Moncton, NB) was 90.6 while the Irving across from the mall on Champlain Ave was 83.4 (diesel).  *scratches head*

The provinces have their own seperate ways of doing it but generally speaking, it seems that NS has the higher prices overall, and on a regular basis.  

Having said that...NS is expecting another price hike of 8 cents tonight at midnight.   :-\  

Eye In The Sky said:
The provinces have their own seperate ways of doing it but generally speaking, it seems that NS has the higher prices overall, and on a regular basis.  

???

I'd re-check your research there my friend... have a look at Newfoundland.

http://www.newfoundlandgasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx

But I said the Maritimes.... ;)

I am not sure about the Rock...so I didn't say the Atlantic provinces.    ;D

Yes i saw it jumped 14.5 cents in our area as well - no doubt, somehow the oil companies have been able to figure out how to blame the Israeli campaign against Gaza for the increase...

I damn near put my van in the ditch when I noticed there was a 20 cent increase in Courtenay, but good ole Duncan is still sitting at 78 (the price jump will probably hit tomorrow)

Puzzling considering the price of oil is down...  I guess the oil reserves in Gaza are being threatened.

Eye In The Sky said:
But I said the Maritimes.... ;)

I am not sure about the Rock...so I didn't say the Atlantic provinces.    ;D

Ahhhh, I didn't catch that. Well, traditionally, Newfoundland has the highest EVERYTHING in the Atlantic provinces - well, almost everything!!!

Colin P said:
Just filled up here, 1.80 Malaysian Ringitt which is around 2.50 to the Canadian dollar.

$2.00 to fill up or per liter???

In chilly Wpg.
Price went up ~5 cents while on vacation and is now 77.4 cents/litre.

ME

The real fun part is that crude is selling for under $40 per barrel... Guess what it's BOHICA time again!!

Lowest crude prices in years, so I am waiting for BIG OIL to justify the abrupt surge in gas prices.

tango22a

tango22a said:
The real fun part is that crude is selling for under $40 per barrel... Guess what it's BOHICA time again!!

Lowest crude prices in years, so I am waiting for BIG OIL to justify the abrupt surge in gas prices.

tango22a

It's called "Interuption Formula"...

Montréal : 85.4 corner of Masson and Iberville
                72.8 corner of Masson and Papineau (400 m farther ...)

Back