• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

ArmyVern said:
Just to switch this up ---

The best thing I've heard today (this month for that matter) ...

"If she spent more time on her knees than on her back, she wouldn't be in this situation right now"

New keyboard required.  ;D

Too darn funny Vern!!

ArmyVern said:
"If she spent more time on her knees than on her back, she wouldn't be in this situation right now"

I watched that tonight, too!  What was Charlie's reply?  "I wouldn't be too sure about that."  ;D

Another 1-800-O-Canada story...

Caller: "Where are you getting this information?"

Me: "From our database."

Caller: "Can you send it to me?"

Me: "The information? In a brochure you mean?"

Caller: "No, your database."

Me: "Unfortunately ma'am, that's government property, and we can only provide information over the phone."

Caller: "I am a Canadian citizen. I deserve access to whatever I want. If I ask you to send me your computer, you should. You are a public SERVANT."

Me: "Ma'am, I cannot send you my computer."

Caller: "You're going to regret those words when Stephen Harper comes and fires you himself."

...I think I rolled my eyes into oblivion.

Wow, Bianca, I'd be fired from your job in about five minutes.

Thankfully, eye-rolling can't be seen on the phone, eh?

Got to love people that only read the first part of the Privacy or Official Secrets act. When I get those calls I give them the address and FAX number for the Director of Access to information and Privacy at NDHQ and tell them that as soon as I get the direction to send I will bring it over personally. I figure I'll be long retired by the time that order comes down!

Bianca, welcome. Good Contribution!!

I don't hear dumb things anymore...I now work on 17 Wing.......

OldSoldier said:
I don't hear dumb things anymore...I now work on 17 Wing.......

I wouldn't count on that being particularly good insulation!  :D

Ok, so I read it at GlobeandMail.com instead of hearing it but it rates one of the dumbest things I have found today:

Microsoft apologizes for changing race in photo

Software company alters online ad on company's Polish site, replaces head of black man with head of white man

more at link: including the two photos.

kratz said:
Ok, so I read it at GlobeandMail.com instead of hearing it but it rates one of the dumbest things I have found today:

more at link: including the two photos.

Wow....Now that is extreme. I know Poland is not exactly multicultural judging by what have seen in Warsaw, Gdansk et al, but come on

A study was done a while ago in recruiting and it was found that if you have more recruiters you can recruit more people. Man I wish I had a university degree and could figure out stuff like that. I guess I'm destined to be just another dumb sailor that can only read about the work of the well educated!

Been a long time since i posted anything and this isn't really dumb, just frustrating...
I'm getting all the boys to fill out their med appointments and dental appointments on a form in preparation for deploying next year. One bloke is a dead-set drop-kick and he shouldn't be deployed to the mess, let alone Iraq.
Me: "Whack your name on here, fill out the dates and I'll pass it to the boss"
Idiot: "Does that include me?"
Me: "Yeah mate"
Idiot, looking at list: "Are you sure? Cos I'm not on that list"
Me: "The list is old, you got told this morning your going, just chuck your name on this and fill it out"
Idiot: "I dunno, I'm not on the list"
Me: "Just do it mate"
Idiot: "but i'm not on the list"
Me: "Just put your bloody name on the list and fill it out"
Idiot: "I'll finish this smoke and go ask the boss"
This went on for another 30 seconds till i told him to get stuffed. If he's too dumb to let me help him out, then I'm not doing it. Whatever happened to merit when it came to deployments? Our reserves are brilliant, storming blokes, but they put a spaz on there because he's been around for 2 years. I'm doing 12 deployment folders for the boys, I've put all the paperwork into them, in the right order, with the right docs and photocopies. Its taken me three days to do it. What does this tool do? He pulls EVERYTHING out, loses half of it over the course of today and then complains that i'm not helping him! I'd like to help him by remodelling his face with a pick-axe!

Digger Hale said:
I'd like to help him by remodelling his face with a pick-axe!

I'll let you use one of the ones from my CQ if you promise to clean the gobs of flesh off when you are done.

Chapeski said:
I'll let you use one of the ones from my CQ if you promise to clean the gobs of flesh off when you are done.
Sounds like a deal! If i mail it back to Canada straight after they wont be able to trace it back to me!

Its the one thing that drives me wild about being in the Army, is sometimes having to work with total idiots.

Digger Hale said:
Sounds like a deal! If i mail it back to Canada straight after they wont be able to trace it back to me!

Its the one thing that drives me wild about being in the Army, is sometimes having to work with total idiots.

And the top should be different from the bottom why?

Digger Hale said:

Its not just the Amry, my friend....try a correctional facility sometime.

OldSoldier said:
Its not just the Amry, my friend....try a correctional facility sometime.

I read that after 20 years of service, the life expectancy of a Correctional Officer is 58.
"Natural causes" they call it!

Digger Hale said:
I'm doing 12 deployment folders for the boys, I've put all the paperwork into them, in the right order, with the right docs and photocopies. Its taken me three days to do it. What does this tool do? He pulls EVERYTHING out, loses half of it over the course of today and then complains that i'm not helping him! I'd like to help him by remodelling his face with a pick-axe!
I deal with this at least once a week.

This idiot blames me, for not remembering his med appointment that HE was supposed to remember for himself.  I'm thinking, "so you're 20-something, and you have to depend on me to remember your doctors appointments". 

I wasn't even involved with setting it up, and he blames the entire orderly room, even when it was proven that his own stupidity got him in trouble.  The good news is that I fixed everything for him in the nick of time, the bad news is that he still breathes our precious air. 

Retards.  ::)

CorporalMajor said:
I deal with this at least once a week.

This idiot blames me, for not remembering his med appointment that HE was supposed to remember for himself.  I'm thinking, "so you're 20-something, and you have to depend on me to remember your doctors appointments". 

I wasn't even involved with setting it up, and he blames the entire orderly room, even when it was proven that his own stupidity got him in trouble.  The good news is that I fixed everything for him in the nick of time, the bad news is that he still breathes our precious air. 
Retards.  ::)

Likely by mouth ::)

Heard at the front desk of the Recruiting Centre;

Applicant at 0825: "Hi I'm here to write my aptitude test."

Recruiter: "You were supposed to be here at 0745."

Appl: "Yeah but I can start now."

Recruiter: "But you were told to be here at 0745."

Appl: "Well, yeah but I didn't think it mattered"

Recruiter: "Well at 0800 everyone went in to get set up, log in and make sure all the information was correct before the test started"

Appl: "Well can I go in now?"

Recruiter: "No you're too late you'll have to rebook and come back another time."

Appl: "That's not fair, I'm here now"

Recruiter: We can't stop the computer and wait for you to catch up it won't allow us to do that."

Appl: "But I'm an Officer"

Recruiter: "Oh why didn't you say so. Come with me"

Recruiter to Booking Clerk: "Please book the "sir" for the next CFAT he missed his this morning"

At this point I had to leave. Apparently it's not considered good policy to laugh at applicants where they can hear you!

Back