• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Bianca said:
I work at 1-800-O-Canada... needless to say I have hundreds of stories. But today's...

Me: "Well ma'am, since you need to get that information from the American government, I will have to refer you to their diplomatic representatives here in Canada- such as the embassy or consulate."

Caller: "Do they have a website?"

Me: "The American governemnt? Of course it's--"

Caller: "WAIT- WAIT!! I can't use that website!"

Me: "Why not?"

Caller: "Because, you said it's AMERICAN. And I'm in Ontario! How will the Canadian internet work for an American website?? This is no help..."

Me: "Ma'am, it's the world wide web, you can access it."

Caller: "Nooo!! That's impossible! I'm all the way in another country! You don't know what you're talking about."

Oh. Ok. Sigh.
Now THAT'S comedy!

Too funny, Bianca!!!  That's like a lot of those Tech Support calls.  ;D

Shoot!!! there go all our American and Australian Members once they find this out!!!  :eek:

I wonder if the lady uses her computers cup holder...... The one that pops out when you push one of the buttons on the front of the computer.

How about typed today?

uncle-midget-Oddball said:
My buddy and I were given a large box of old casettes. We were told to choose and keep the ones we liked, and 'get rid of' the ones that we didn't.
The two of us being pyro-rednecks had a fire burning within minutes and decided to throw the bad tapes like blanks and Conway Twitty into the fire.

I don't know what the hell goes into the tapes, but they burn hot as hell, and have the same effect as oil when water is poured onto a burning one.
When the pipe turned this hot, and there were flames shooting out the top of the chimney we tried to put out the fire with water, which made it burn fiercely...

>:D

Hey, I never asked for credit when it comes to IQ points. I failed that test.
Besides.. rednecks and fire is like rednecks and shotguns.

Oddball  :flame:

uncle-midget-Oddball said:
Hey, I never asked for credit when it comes to IQ points. I failed that test.
Besides.. rednecks and fire is like rednecks and shotguns.

Oddball  :flame:

Been duck huntin' lately?

Roy Harding said:
Been duck huntin' lately?

It takes too much effort to put videos onto Youtube.
And shooting sitting ducks really 'irks' me. Pointless killing, and not even sport.

Oddball

Him: " I want to be a "Refridgeration Tech"
Me: "Cool" (it was a long day)
Him: "Do they need RM Techs in Afganistan?"
Me: "Let me think, 40c+ . Good chance"
Him: "What if I don't want to go"
Me: "Not much choice if your Reg force and ordered"
Him: "Anything I can join that will guarantee I won't go?"
Me: "Boy Scouts"
Him: "You got Scouts?"

Here's your sign!!!

FDO said:
Me: "Boy Scouts"
Him: "You got Scouts?"

Here's your sign!!!

HA HA, where was I when THIS rocket scientist walked in today??

Actually, I think I'm glad I was busy somewhere else ...

1.  That women boxing is going to be allowed into the olympics in 2016

2. 6pm news......Experts warn that vegetables contain high dose of insecticides. The culprits? Pretty much all the green ones and carrot.

ruckmarch said:
1.  That women boxing is going to be allowed into the olympics in 2016

I think the only dumb thing about that would be, it's not allowed now.

Just to switch this up ---

The best thing I've heard today (this month for that matter) ...

"If she spent more time on her knees than on her back, she wouldn't be in this situation right now"

New keyboard required.  ;D

recceguy said:
I think the only dumb thing about that would be, it's not allowed now.

Don't know what message that would be sending out to young females that it's ok to beat each other up. Would you let your daughter, sister, girlfriend or wife take part in that kind of sport?

If your answer is Yes, THEN KUDOS TO YOU.

ArmyVern said:
"If she spent more time on her knees than on her back, she wouldn't be in this situation right now"

And to think we are on page 69 here  :rofl:

ruckmarch said:
Don't know what message that would be sending out to young females that it's ok to beat each other up. Would you let your daughter, sister, girlfriend or wife take part in that kind of sport?

If your answer is Yes, THEN KUDOS TO YOU.

Kudos to him!!

I take it then, that you're suggesting that the fact we allow men to box (in the Olympics too!!) is a de facto advocation of us civilized folks teaching our young males that it's OK to beat each other up.

Goose-Gander
Pot-Kettle

Vern: Former boxer (and huge advocator of this sport to any woman looking for an excellent way to maintain fitness - both muscular and cardio ...)

ArmyVern said:
Kudos to him!!

I take it then, that you're suggesting that the fact we allow men to box (in the Olympics too!!) is a de facto advocation of us civilized folks teaching our young males that it's OK to beat each other up.

Goose-Gander
Pot-Kettle

Vern: Former boxer (and huge advocator of this sport to any woman looking for an excellent way to maintain fitness - both muscular and cardio ...)

Far from it. I personally don't condone any form of thuggish behaviour.

Where is the civilization in men or women boxing  ??? I know a lot of fit women that have never boxed, surely they manged without, by just doing doing cardio and kick yoga.

You should try it out sometimes, the classes are always packed round here

ruckmarch said:
I personally don't condone any form of thuggish behaviour.

That's funny.......and to think you posted that in the "dumbest thing " thread.......

How appropriate.

ruckmarch said:
Far from it. I personally don't condone any form of thuggish behaviour.

Where is the civilization in men or women boxing  ??? I know a lot of fit women that have never boxed, surely they manged without, by just doing doing cardio and kick yoga.

You should try it out sometimes, the classes are always packed round here

I can assure you that I've done cardio of all types. Kick yoga wasn't for me (I hated it actually), step-aerobics, aerobics, spinning, tae bo ...

But something always manages to get me back to boxing and/or swimming again. Perhaps it's just my animal instincts? Whatever - I enjoy it - the pers on the receiving end does too I think.  ;)

ArmyVern said:
I can assure you that I've done cardio of all types. Kick yoga wasn't for me (I hated it actually), step-aerobics, aerobics, spinning, tae bo ...

But something always manages to get me back to boxing and/or swimming again. Perhaps it's just my animal instincts? Whatever - I enjoy it - the pers on the receiving end does too I think.  ;)

Alright, boxing isn't simply one person beating the snot out of the other. I know a female who is a serious (and good) boxer, who also has also mentioned becoming a model. I work with another female who is a boxer.
Boxing isn't as barbaric as it seems. I mean, christ, look at fencing. It's looked at like a sophisticated sport, and they're fighting with swords.

Oddball

Back