• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

"But I'm an Officer"

He/She should have been told "No, you're not"....Can recruiters get in trouble for briskly clubbing someone with a rubber truncheon?

Too funny, FDO.  Although, when the applicant said "I'm an Officer" I would have been tempted to reply "Not yet, you're not."  (Old Soldier beat me to it!)

On course, not showing up for a test is an automatic fail.  On my Tfc Tech QL3, one guy fell asleep during a test.  The Standards Sgt woke him up at the end and said "Make sure you study for tomorrow's rewrite."  ;D

Apparently we are not allowed to club the dumb ones. I think that's why some animals eat their young! We have been directed to put away the clubs and bring out the kid gloves. Besides I figure when this kid gets to his regiment there will be a WO/MWO who will educate him in excatly where he will stand as an "officer"

There is never a dull moment in recruiting.

I worked the recruiting booth at the Canadian National Exibition Friday. I had a lady give me hell because I was making the military look so  glamourous to kids who either didn't or couldn't fininsh school. She said these kids who had no hope of  ever getting a job or becoming useful members of sociaty were being "sucked in to the military only to be sent to certain death at the muzzel of a machine gun nest in some dirty corner of the world for no reason"

I told her she was absolutly right and I had no right to "suck" these kids in, give them an education, teach them a trade

sorry I hit a wrong button.

Anyway I told her that she was right I had absolutly no right to "suck" these kids in, give them a job, teach them a trade and make them contributing members of the community. I should leave them alone so they can become homeless, drug addicts living on the street and robbing lovely ladies such as your self for money for their next fix. Or better, wind up in jail for killing someone for money for their next fix. I told her I was very sorry. She said all she hears about are the troops being killed, I told her to read past the frist page and read about all the other things the CF is doing. She told me that the CF should force the media to report on EVERYTHING. I told her that it would not be a problem just as soon as we trimmed a little thing called "freedom of the press" off the Consitution.  She didn't understand what I was trying to say.

For an educator, she wasn't very educated.

Ah the life of a Recruiter!!

Working at a call center doing tech support for hotels

incoming call (from hundreds of miles away)

Girl at hotel: "I took some cash from a guest and forgot to enter it into the system. Can you help me figure out who it was for?"

me thinking  "sure, let me just drive down and question all of your guests as to which one paid you cash"

....here's your sign....

Steve
:cdn:

recceguy said:
Likely by mouth ::)
recceguy the funny thing about your post is that it actually is true. 

He's pretty useless.

There is never a dull moment in recruiting.

I usually do the info breifings for my unit.  You would not beleive the crap I see get by.  Half of them are good and have obvious potential.. the remainder can't speak either language and are impossible to talk to, OR have some chip on their shoulder.  Unfortunately we cannot turn NCM candidates away, the decision is CFRC's. 

FDO said:
I worked the recruiting booth at the Canadian National Exibition Friday.

I wish I had a nickel for every time a taxpayer told me, "I pay your salary".  I would just answer, "Yes, Ma'am/Sir."
But sometimes, I wish I could have given them a lecture:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9CxT48jIgI

When ever someone says to me "I pay your salary" I usually say either "Me too, and more of it" or "Cool, can I have a rasie?" These people are usually on EI or welfare because if they had a job the'y be doing it and not bothering me with dumb questions!

FDO said:
These people are usually on EI or welfare because if they had a job the'y be doing it and not bothering me with dumb questions!

Whenever I worked "The Ex" I used to politely direct those people around the corner to the firehouse!  ;D

Not really dumb, but I found it funny...

Last night while watching a family movie, my 8 yr old lets out a huge yawn. He sees me looking at him and says "What? I needed more oxygen!"

Out of the mouths of babes!!!
A couple of years ago after a Remembrance Day parade. I went to my Sister-in-laws for dinner. My nephew who was 7 looked at my medals and said "wow you sure got a lot of trophies" His younger brother wanted to know if he could have one because "daddy ate my last chocolate loonie" Got to love the innocence of kids!!

FDO said:
Out of the mouths of babes!!!
A couple of years ago after a Remembrance Day parade. I went to my Sister-in-laws for dinner. My nephew who was 7 looked at my medals and said "wow you sure got a lot of trophies" His younger brother wanted to know if he could have one because "daddy ate my last chocolate loonie" Got to love the innocence of kids!!

So...did you give him your 125?  ;D

Today's CBC News reported, "Inexperience cited in Canadian friendly-fire death: U.S. report."

Many of the ensuing comments qualify to be here.  ::)

After reading a the first 2 pages of comments...my left hand is twitching, one of my pupils is bigger than the other and I am drooling (more than usual, to clarify).

I'd bet most of the people commenting have only had one uniform on in their life, most of them probably saying things like "Welcome to Tim Hortons" or "Waterboy" on them.

Eye In The Sky said:
I'd bet most of the people commently have only had one uniform on in their life, most of them probably saying things like "Welcome to Tim Hortons" or "Waterboy" on them.

If that....

. . . or Pampers.

I don't need the grief of reading the CBC comments as I have done that for other stories. Besides it is too frigging early to start drinking.

Actually heard in a training session today...

"so; how does saving money help the company?"

enough said.

Wow, as I was checking on this thread this morning I was listen to Octane on XM Radio, and a caller called in (what else) to make a request.

Okay, I just received a call from Johnny who says we absolutely have to play his song because he has it worse than anyone else this morning because [sacrasm]he has to go back to school this morning. Poor muffin has classes.

If that were it, it'd be a shrug, but the host continues...

..."you snivelling little shit, you just don't know how good you've got it. You're not out in this economy worried about your livelihood, you just have to show up for class! I'll still play the song, but seriously kid, stfu."

This was just too awesome to not post. I'm so happy this wasn't censored. Radio DJ: 1. Kid with an over developed sense of entitlement: 0.

Back