• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

GPS sends Belgian woman to Croatia, 810 miles out of her way
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57563958-71/gps-sends-belgian-woman-to-croatia-810-miles-out-of-her-way/

''Moreau was quoted by El Mundo as explaining: "I saw all kinds of road signs: first in French, then in German, and finally in Croatian."

She claims it was only the Croatian signs that finally told her she might have drifted off course.''

You don't say...

"...after she failed to reach her destination and kept on failing."

Ya think?  ???

:rofl:

PMedMoe said:
Subway footlong sub only 11 inches, say customers

Some customers vowed to never eat at the restaurant again.

"I will NEVER buy anything from Subway now. Ever," posted Marius Andre Stensaker.

More at link

Hmmmm....guess using the same line of thought, some people would never have sex again.  ;)

Makes me wonder if these people weigh Quarter Pounders too....  ::)

So Moe what your saying is, If presented with 12 inches you wouldn't want to verify it?

my72jeep said:
So Moe what your saying is, If presented with 12 inches you wouldn't want to verify it?

Good Godfrey!  You want to tickle her fancy, not stab her to death!  :eek:

;)

PMedMoe said:
Makes me wonder if these people weigh Quarter Pounders too....  ::)

I actually knew a guy in high school that complained that his quater-pounder wasn't a quarter of a pound of meat.  I had to tell his dumb "rear-end" that it referred to the weight of the meat BEFORE it was cooked...

Some people...  :facepalm:

Tennessee Wants to 'Out' Gay Teens

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01/30/tennessee-don-t-say-gay-bill.html

If Tennessee's controversial 'Don't Say Gay' bill passes through the state legislature, teachers will have to report any 'suspect' LGBT activities of a child to his or her parents. Generally, any signs of a child being abused, depressed or suicidal must be reported by a teacher to parents and/or higher authorities. According to Tennessee, then, being gay is so abnormal, it must be reported so that such behavior can be thwarted. To add insult to injury, the proposed bill also states that,

At grade levels pre-K through eight (pre-K-8), any such classroom instruction, course materials or other informational resources that are inconsistent with natural human reproduction shall be classified as inappropriate for the intended student audience and, therefore, shall be prohibited.

This Tennessee bill, coupled with the recent Boy Scout debate seem to be part of a disturbing trend. While equality battles up until now have been about LGBT rights for adults, the debate has now shifted to a point where children are becoming collateral damage.

:facepalm:

...but it's okay to marry your first cousin... ::)

or you can go this route:

Sex app claims to help you mix business with pleasure

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57566720-71/sex-app-claims-to-help-you-mix-business-with-pleasure/

I have had several messages from people as far away as Venezuela this week wanting to know whether I've seen "this thing."

The thing is question turns out to be a charmingly named Facebook app called Bang With Friends. At its root, this is a dating app that eschews the "dating" part and rushes you headlong to the denouement.

There is a clear need for it. The New York Times reported only the other day that the poor and starving men of New York couldn't afford to take women on nice dates, so they resorted to asking them for a hangout. Not the Google Plus kind.

Bang With Friends merely removes the "h" from hangout and replaces it with a "b." Both parties are only notified when there is mutual interest. So there's no deep, direct rejection.

The Daily Beast reported that the people behind it wish to remain anonymous and are a little taken aback by how it has inspired a new generation of young, penniless non-daters with iPhones. 30,000 people have already signed up for its wares.

Moved by this success, perhaps, rivals have come along to take the concept to, as it were, the next level of sophistication.

For Mashable is breathlessly reporting that there is to be a new app called Bang With Professionals.

I cannot begin to judge whether this is mere parody or a vast business opportunity.

The site offers a rather alluring enticement: "Because people you want to bang aren't always Facebook friends."

Well, indeed.

"Our services are completely secure and anonymous. Your co-workers will only know you're interested for more if they are interested too," the Bang With Professionals site says, perhaps removing the need for intervention by your human-resources department. I have attempted to make contact with Bang With Professionals with a nervous curiosity to find out more about what this workplace collaboration might entail.

However, as one of the bang With Friends creators (anonymously) told the Daily Beast: "(Sex) should be something you're expressive about, that you're comfortable with, and if there's a beautiful woman or a handsome man that you're interested in, you shouldn't hold back. We're just giving you closer access to knowing the truth."

And we all know that the truth will set you free. Especially at the office.

What's even better, is the promo image of the app to sign up. The last line just says it all.

http://www.wrn.com/2013/01/court-rules-clinic-not-responsible-for-cost-of-raising-child/

On the baby tangent.

the Stupidity in this article is:

She failed to realize she was taking the wrong pills for almost a month and then discovered she was pregnant in April. Nell delivered a health baby boy in December of 2009.

FYI:  Birth Control Pills are LITTLE...the size of a tic tac and come in a funky package that tells the woman what day of the week each pill is taken on.  Prenatal vitamins are giant horse choker pills.

My bosses wife was in today.  She knows me quite well, her son is marrying my best friend.  She has met my husband.  She saw me come into work in tears the day he left for more training in borden.  She knows he is a soldier and away and I'm all on my own.

Me: Bet its nice to have a few days of husband free time (Husband is on a business trip to toronto)
her: Oh, Quellefille, you'll never know how lonely I am.  You couldn't understand what its like to have a husband who travels like mine.  I am so lonnnnneeeelllllyyy

....her husband travels one day a week.  Every other week.  And week long trips every 6 months.  My husband has been home for 4 weeks of our 5 month marriage and a total of 6 weeks the last year

Quellefille, its like when during a discussion about rearing kids, your son or daughter who has a young infant looks at you in all sincerity & says 'But what do you know about raising children'.....    ::)  response: 'Ill let you think about that for a second or two....'

xo31@711ret said:
Quellefille, its like when during a discussion about rearing kids, your son or daughter who has a young infant looks at you in all sincerity & says 'But what do you know about raising children'.....    ::)  response: 'Ill let you think about that for a second or two....'

However, when our parents raised us cars seats weren't mandatory and parents were told to make sure their babies slept on their stomachs, both of which are no-no's now.

xo31@711ret said:

Unless you're having that discussion in the visitors room of the Kingston Penn. ;D

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-community-other-Sponsorship-so-I-can-go-fight-in-syria-W0QQAdIdZ445288696

Sponsorship so I can go fight in syria.
    Watch | Share | Print | Report Ad 
Date Listed 06-Jan-13
Last Edited 06-Jan-13
Address Edmonton, AB T5B 4E3, Canada
View map
I am a ex cdn soldier with experience looking for sponsorship so I can go train and fight with the Free Syrian army. I need to gather about $10,000 for the mission to be successful. Contact me for Details.

FormerHorseGuard said:
http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-community-other-Sponsorship-so-I-can-go-fight-in-syria-W0QQAdIdZ445288696

Sponsorship so I can go fight in syria.
    Watch | Share | Print | Report Ad 
Date Listed 06-Jan-13
Last Edited 06-Jan-13
Address Edmonton, AB T5B 4E3, Canada
View map
I am a ex cdn soldier with experience looking for sponsorship so I can go train and fight with the Free Syrian army. I need to gather about $10,000 for the mission to be successful. Contact me for Details.

I wonder if he has rich relatives in Nigeria that need to move money out of the country?

Police: For ER getaway, man tries to use ambulance, pair of horses, stolen cars

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/30/16773955-police-for-er-getaway-man-tries-to-use-ambulance-pair-of-horses-stolen-cars?lite

Alabama police say a 24-year-old ER patient stole an ambulance, tried to saddle two horses and stole a second vehicle in a bizarre escape attempt before re-admitting himself back into the hospital.

Attempting a brazen getaway after a car crash via an ambulance, a pair of horses and a stolen SUV when you're drunk may not be the best idea. At least it wasn't for an Alabama man who attempted to do exactly that over the weekend, according to police.

Remainder of story at link

I've been drunk before, but not THIS drunk...    :facepalm:

This

:facepalm:

Dog owner spends £1,800 building a kennel which is an exact replica of own house

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2272820/Dog-owner-spends-1-800-building-kennel-exact-replica-house.html#ixzz2Jx8HqA3v

http://hammeringthenews.wordpress.com/2013/02/04/hamiltons-new-weight-based-bus-fares/

Hamilton Ontario introducing Weight Based Bus Fares  :facepalm:

You know, not everyone who's over 200lbs is a fatty fatty 2x4 ....

Back