• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Tank Troll said:
Sooooo he gets suspended for pretending to throw a pretend grenade and playing good guys vs Evil guys (nobody is just bad anymore) Which you could argue is a freedom of speech or freedom of expression. Yet the gun lobbyist are worried that their freedoms and rights are going to get stepped on. Of course they will argue that this is part of the governments plan to weaken the future generation of gun owners by not letting them play guns when they are young ,and not the fall out from lax gun regulations.

I suppose you think that having rabid nanny statism is a good place to have your children raised, while they get imprinted into becoming societies sheep because you abdicated your responsibilities and let the social experiment educators raise your child to become a blubbering, dependent bowl of jelly ::)

Gun regulations are not the cause of mass murders or any other firearm violence.

The drug addled psycotic holding the gun is the problem.

However, your little utopia will be fine because kids will grow up blind to the fact that bad guys need to be removed, but it'll be done queitly, out of sight and beyond the senses of those being raised in a stupid zero tolerance petri dish.  ;)

Tank Troll said:
Sooooo he gets suspended for pretending to throw a pretend grenade and playing good guys vs Evil guys (nobody is just bad anymore) Which you could argue is a freedom of speech or freedom of expression. Yet the gun lobbyist are worried that their freedoms and rights are going to get stepped on. Of course they will argue that this is part of the governments plan to weaken the future generation of gun owners by not letting them play guns when they are young ,and not the fall out from lax gun regulations.

Wait let me fix it for everrrry one  :sarcasm:

All though the States need to do some thing about their gun problem.

recceguy said:
I suppose you think that having rabid nanny statism is a good place to have your children raised, while they get imprinted into becoming societies sheep because you abdicated your responsibilities and let the social experiment educators raise your child to become a blubbering, dependent bowl of jelly ::)

Nice rant but not even close. I'm more on "the take the warning labels off every thing get rid of helmet and seatbelt laws and let Darwin take over" side of the fence (I think the kid got screwed)

recceguy said:
Gun regulations are not the cause of mass murders or any other firearm violence.

Your right lack of them are  ;D

recceguy said:
The drug addled psycotic holding the gun is the problem.

Or the kid the was bullied, or not hugged enough, or ignored, or what ever the reason they want to use for and excuse for picking up their parent's or their own assault rifle and semi automatic pistols, wander down to the nearest place of education or gathering and then just randomly shooting everyone they come across

recceguy said:
However, your little utopia will be fine because kids will grow up blind to the fact that bad guys need to be removed, but it'll be done queitly, out of sight and beyond the senses of those being raised in a stupid zero tolerance petri dish.  ;)

Right. Because That is Exactly what I believe!.................... No wait I believe in Capital punishment and it should be made public so people can see there is a consequence to their action. I believe that as soon as you violate some one else's rights you lose your rights. You don't get to sit in a nice little cell, work out in a gym, watch TV, write your live story, study law too find out how many way you can screw with the system, or any of that. Your chained 5 other's of the same ilk, you eat slop you, get to make big rocks in to little rocks, little rocks in to gravel, and gravel in to sand. You get to lay on said rock pile for 4 hours of sleep then after that it is Ground hog's day for you till your sentence is over no parole no time off for good behavior.

Tank Troll said:
Wait let me fix it for everrrry one  :sarcasm:

People aren't mind readers. Your on the internet, in case you've forotten. Although the rest of your answers show your excuse as rather feeble ;)

All though the States need to do some thing about their gun problem.

Unless you're in the habit of seeing inanimate objects come to life and act on their own, you're still off base.

Nice rant but not even close. I'm more on "the take the warning labels off every thing get rid of helmet and seatbelt laws and let Darwin take over" side of the fence (I think the kid got screwed)

I doesn't show

Your right lack of them are  ;D

Nice troll. Doesn't answer the statement though.

Or the kid the was bullied, or not hugged enough, or ignored, or what ever the reason they want to use for and excuse for picking up their parent's or their own assault rifle and semi automatic pistols, wander down to the nearest place of education or gathering and then just randomly shooting everyone they come across

Try doing some reading and research if you're going to slag people. Every mass shooter, at least from Columbine on, has been on anti psycotic drug treatment.

Right. Because That is Exactly what I believe!.................... No wait I believe in Capital punishment and it should be made public so people can see there is a consequence to their action. I believe that as soon as you violate some one else's rights you lose your rights. You don't get to sit in a nice little cell, work out in a gym, watch TV, write your live story, study law too find out how many way you can screw with the system, or any of that. Your chained 5 other's of the same ilk, you eat slop you, get to make big rocks in to little rocks, little rocks in to gravel, and gravel in to sand. You get to lay on said rock pile for 4 hours of sleep then after that it is Ground hog's day for you till your sentence is over no parole no time off for good behavior.

Doesn't help you going over the edge. It only ends the discussion because people don't want to be involved in over the top rhetoric. It doen't mean you won.  ;)

Have a nice day, you're on your own  :salute:

BeyondTheNow said:
http://morningmashup.tumblr.com/post/42999702667/do-you-think-this-7-yr-old-shouldve-been-suspended-for

"...This little 7 yr old got suspended for throwing an imaginary grenade against evil forces. He was pretending and playing hero. He didn’t make any threats, didn’t hurt anyone, and didn’t even actually throw anything..."

More detail here.

http://blog.sfgate.com/sfmoms/2013/02/06/boy-7-suspended-from-school-for-throwing-imaginary-hand-grenade/

I understand to a certain degree, but all I can think about is the poor boy who now has a suspension on his school records for something silly.

The kid just needs to get a good lawyer like this little guy:

http://Forums.Army.ca/forums/threads/76543/post-1198808.html#msg1198808

And get the National Imaginary Grenade Association riled up. ;D

The USA does not have a gun problem: It has a people problem.

It has been said before that the nut behind the butt is the problem. 

Whew. We really dodged a mortar round with this one.

Facebook pic of toy mortar leads to armed cops raid

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57569754-71/facebook-pic-of-toy-mortar-leads-to-armed-cops-raid/

A man makes his profile picture that of an action figure. In the background is a toy mortar. Someone doesn't find it funny.

When you make your Facebook profile picture that of Action Man (aka the British G.I. Joe), it can be a clue to your fascination with fantasy.

It also suggests that if there's a toy mortar in the background of the picture, that, too, might actually not be entirely real.

Please try telling that to the five carloads of police who raided Ian Driscoll's house in Tewkesbury, England, armed with guns and a search warrant.

"The Action Man looked a bit like me, so I decided to put it as my Facebook picture. I didn't even notice the mortar in the background," 43-year-old Driscoll explained to the Daily Mail.

The image offered more clues as to the mortar's unreality. There was a TV remote control by its side. It offered what some might call scale and perspective.

Sadly, perspective is not always something the police embrace with anything other than loaded arms.
"It's tiny and quite clearly a toy. I can't stop laughing. I think it's hilarious," Driscoll told the Mail.

The police did manage to see the funny side, but only after reportedly telling him that he was lucky he was at home, otherwise they would have been forced to break down his front door.

They didn't even seem to have considered that this profile picture had been up for a month.

It isn't clear which wise "friend" of Driscoll's contacted the police to tell them of his arms cache. It might have been polite of this person to at least own up to the marginal over-reaction.

A representative for the Gloucestershire police told the Mail: "We are sure that the community would rather we acted quickly on information given to us of this nature, in case it had turned out to be a weapon."

Many will be glad of the police's confidence in this matter. Perhaps a phone call to Driscoll might have obviated the necessity for a raid.

Still, it is heartening that he has stood his ground and continued to make believe that he is really Action Man.

The profile picture, with mortar in the background, is still on his Facebook page today.

Looking at the picture in the article, it REALLY REALLY is had to tell it's not real. :facepalm:

cupper said:
Whew. We really dodged a mortar round with this one.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57569754-71/facebook-pic-of-toy-mortar-leads-to-armed-cops-raid/

Looking at the picture in the article, it REALLY REALLY is had to tell it's not real. :facepalm:

Or maybe he likes to collect really really big remotes?

I told a patient she had to go to bed last week...

PT: "Cheech and Chong taught your mother how to make cat syrup. So call your mother and that won't taste well."

I'm working in a psych hospital, but finish soon! BMQ March 11th. Thank God.

VT_Guy said:
I told a patient she had to go to bed last week...

PT: "Cheech and Chong taught your mother how to make cat syrup. So call your mother and that won't taste well."

I'm working in a psych hospital, but finish soon! BMQ March 11th. Thank God.

That's when you say

"There there dear, here have some more haldol"

Hahaha. She was so zonked on Haldol and Ativan it was hard to decipher what she said through the drool while she was fighting off her meds. I'm a security guard though. All I could do is strap her in. The silver lining is that she's coherent now and much less psychotic. That stuff really works.

VT_Guy said:
Hahaha. She was so zonked on Haldol and Ativan it was hard to decipher what she said through the drool while she was fighting off her meds. I'm a security guard though. All I could do is strap her in. The silver lining is that she's coherent now and much less psychotic. That stuff really works.

Yeah a friend of mine used to work at the Max security mental hospital in Ontario, the one where the greyhound guy was kept.  She was  a nurse there, and used to wax poetic about the haldol and seroquel virtues.

When I vented about my kids once (She's Childfree by circumstance) she's like "you can bring em to my work and I can make them nice and calm for you" lol

:facepalm:
PMedMoe said:
In Oklahoma, faith-based explanations can get you an “A” in science class

On Tuesday, the Oklahoma Common Education committee considered HB 1674 — a House bill that would prevent teachers in science classes from penalizing students who contest evolutionary principles with untestable, faith-based claims.

It passed, 9-8.

More at link

Definitely falls under the "Holy crap, WTF!" category.....  ::)

:facepalm:  I reckon the Middle East isn't the only place that has religious zealots......

That's right up there with Mississippi finally ratifying the 13th amendment thus abolishing slavery in the state.

After oversight, Mississippi ratifies 13th Amendment abolishing slavery almost 150 years after its adoption

The state thought it had approved the amendment in 1995, but a clerical error left the ratification unresolved, learned Dr. Ranjan Batra of Ole Miss, who was inspired by the film ‘Lincoln.’ The state took action, and its support for the amendment became official this month.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mississippi-finally-ratifies-slavery-ban-article-1.1267133

It’s about time!

The State of Mississippi officially ratified the 13th Amendment, which outlawed slavery … nearly 150 years after most of the states in the union did.

The gross delay, fixed earlier this month, was the result of a clerical error that left unrecorded what many state officials thought was its official ratification nearly 20 years ago.

The Mississippi Legislature had actually formally ratified the historic amendment in 1995, which even then was more than a century late, but because the ratification document was never presented to the U.S. archivist, it was never considered official.

According to The Clarion-Ledger, the bizarre error was discovered by a pair of patriotic Mississippians, who, after seeing the movie "Lincoln," looked up historical accounts of Mississippi's action and brought to the attention of state officials that they had never, in fact, ratified one of the most important documents in modern history.

The 13th Amendment, which outlawed all slavery and involuntary servitude except as punishment for a crime, was passed by the U.S. Senate on April 8, 1864, and by the House of Representatives on Jan. 31, 1865.

Throughout 1865, 26 states ratified the critical law, and in December of that year, the amendment was formally adopted into U.S. law after Georgia’s approval brought the number the required 27.

Several states, including Kentucky and Delaware, waited decades to ratify the amendment, the last being Mississippi in 1995 -- or so the state thought.

The convoluted tale resumed last fall, when Dr. Ranjan Batra, a neurobiology professor at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, saw the movie “Lincoln,” which focuses on the passage of the 13th Amendment.

After the moving film, Batra walked away from the theater wondering how and when his state ratified the law.

Batra learned that Mississippi’s ratification never became official.

He discussed the matter with a friend, Ken Sullivan, who called the National Archives Office of the Federal Register, which confirmed that Mississippi had indeed not yet ratified the law, the Ledger reported.

Sullivan saw “Lincoln” the next weekend and left the theater feeling inspired to make sure his native state made its ratification official.

Sullivan contacted the office of Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann, who agreed to find the paperwork from the original 1995 resolution, which had been approved unanimously by the Mississippi Senate and House.

And so it came to be that on Jan. 30, Hosemann sent off a copy of the passed and adopted resolution to the Office of the Federal Register.

A week later, Federal Register Director Charles Barth confirmed he had received the paperwork, the Ledger reported.

“With this action, the State of Mississippi has ratified the 13th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States,” he wrote.

So... from 1995 to 2013 the paperwork just sat somewhere waiting to be filed. Yep. That says it all. :facepalm:

cupper said:
So... from 1995 to 2013 the paperwork just sat somewhere waiting to be filed. Yep. That says it all. :facepalm:

Sounds like some higher HQs.  >:D

Duffleblog strikes again! ;D

Senate Minority Leader Fooled by Report in Military Version of The Onion

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/02/mcconnell-duffel-blog/

The best parody contains elements of truth. Which might explain how the military’s answer to The Onion suckered the Senate’s Republican leader.

Meet The Duffel Blog, if you haven’t already. A must-read for national-security nerds — and anyone who enjoys humor, really — it provides pitch-perfect military parody online, such as this piece about Syria hosting Iraq War reenactors (bylined by “G-Had”) or this one about a Google Street View Prius getting blown up in Kandahar. The Duffel Blog, as dutiful readers know, is America’s oldest online source for fake military news, founded in 1797 in a moment of farsightedness. It often gives more real talk than most legit journalistic institutions, but there is no way you can confuse it with the real news.

Unless you are a senior member of the United States Senate.

On November 14, 2012, Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) wrote to Elizabeth King, the Pentagon’s congressional liaison, with a an unusually credulous query. “I am writing on behalf of a constituent who has contacted me regarding Guantanamo Bay prisoners receiving Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits,” McConnell wrote in a letter acquired by Danger Room. “I would appreciate your review and response to my constituent’s concerns.”

Um, Guantanamo detainees getting GI Bill benefits? Yes, that’s from the Duffel Blog, as McConnell’s constituent clearly states, complete with the reference URL. Said constituent even notes that he or she can’t find any information about the alleged government payouts to suspected insurgents and terrorists.

The Defense Department does a lot of inexplicable things at Guantanamo Bay — there’s a resume-building workshop for detainees, for real — but paying detainees GI Bill benefits is not one of them. “The very idea that the U.S. government would extend GI Bill benefits to enemy detainees is a patent absurdity,” says Army Lt. Col. Todd Breasseale, the Pentagon’s spokesman on all matters Guantanamo.

The Duffel Blog piece about the fake GI Bill benefits is not subtle. “By allowing the detainees to use the Department of Veterans Affairs, we hope to completely crush their souls with bureaucracy,” it quotes a fake Pentagon spokesman saying. There’s also a false quote from Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki: “Because most ‘guests’ at Guantanamo Bay have been there nearly a decade and there is no end in site for their ‘visit,’ the Department of Veterans Affairs is ready to have their claims processed in 12-15 years as per standard operating procedure.”

At the risk of explaining the joke, the Duffel Blog’s real objective is to send up the inadequate, mollasses-slow benefits the government provides to the nation’s veterans. In other news, Garfield ate all the lasagna and now Jon is really mad.

It’s admirable that McConnell went out of his way to address a constituent’s question. “The senator’s office had a request from a constituent asking us to inquire about an issue,” explains McConnell spokesman Michael Brumas. “Our office forwarded the constituent’s question to the Defense Department.”

But perhaps simply following the link to the uniformed version of The Onion would have sufficed to clear up any confusion.

Looks like someone has blown a cushy staff job for not doing an adequate job of checking things before acting. :facepalm:

Here is the article in question:

Guantanamo Prisoners To Receive GI Bill Benefits

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/10/guantanamo-prisoners-to-receive-gi-bill-benefits/

GUANTANAMO BAY, CUBA - In a controversial move praised by the international community as a promotion of human rights, the Department of Defense has begun allowing prisoners at Guantanamo Bay to seek Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits. While these benefits have traditionally been restricted to veterans of the United States Military to use in pursuit of a degree, the Pentagon has seen fit to begin allowing GTMO prisoners to enroll in the program.
DoD Spokesman Wesley Manheim said that it was all a matter of fairness.

“The DoD has been doing everything it can to prevent torture from being used against detainees at GTMO. By allowing the detainees to use the Department of Veterans Affairs, we hope to completely crush their souls with bureaucracy, which to be noted, is completely different from torture. I mean hell, the VA does that to our veterans on a daily basis.”

When pressed as to how the detainees would be able to use the money, Manheim stated, “Mostly through online courses. Probably Phoenix College. Don’t worry, it’s not like they’ll be able to get a REAL degree.”

Eric K. Shinseki, head of the Department of Veteran Affairs, informed the Duffel Blog of the details of how the VA would handle the new claims. “Because most ‘guests’ at Guantanamo Bay have been there nearly a decade and there is no end in site for their ‘visit’, the Department of Veterans Affairs is ready to have their claims processed in 12-15 years as per standard operating procedure.”

Secretary Shinseki also hinted at plans to award the tan beret of the Army Rangers to all GTMO Detainees. When asked the purpose of this, Shinseki commented that “if they’re going to represent the Army in the classroom, I want them to look sharp while doing it.”

Representatives of the 75th Ranger Regiment released a response to Shinseki’s comments: “Seriously, FUCK that guy.”

Most prisoners have praised the DOD for its humanitarian efforts.

“Praise Allah,” said prisoner TK421, who plans on possibly pursuing a degree in Homeland Security from American Military University. He wrote a statement in Arabic to indicate his excitement.

“سوف أحضربرنامج الهندسة الكيميائية في ولاية إيلينوي وثم العودة إلى اليمن بلدي الأصلي لعمل الدراسات العليا. في المستقبل وإنني أتطلع إلى زيارة أمريكا للمرة الأخيرة إن شاء الله.”

Although emotions surrounding this news have been mostly positive from the prisoners, the news has its naysayers. “This is bullshit!” cried prisoner SA15-2-12. “I filled out all of the forms like they said and mailed them to my regional office in Spokane, Washington. I was enrolled in school and they said it was fine if I didn’t pay up front. Now I’ve just been dropped from all my classes because my claim hasn’t been processed yet and the school hasn’t been paid! I’d rather be force-fed pork and be sprayed with a fire hose than wait for the VA to process my claim!”

The program will also be prorated just like the Post 9/11 GI Bill, but based on an detainees’ time behind bars instead of active duty time for service members.

Sergeant Bryant Adams took a break from force feeding SA15-2-12 pork while simultaneously spraying him with a fire hose to speak to the Duffel Blog. A National Guard Military Policeman from Mississippi and guard at GTMO, Adams expressed concerns about the fairness of the program.

“It’s pretty fucked up if you ask me. This is my third goddamn deployment, one to shitty fucking Iraq and one to even shittier Afghanistan, and now I’m here guarding these stench covered nerf-herders and I’m only entitled to 80% of tuition and the monthly stipend because I only have two years on active duty orders! IQ19-8 in cell 523 has been rotting in here for nine years so he gets 100%? This is horseshit!”

California parents sue over yoga at kids' school

SAN DIEGO - The parents of two California grade school students have sued to block the teaching of yoga classes they complain promote eastern religions, saying children who exercise their choice to opt out of the popular program face bullying and teasing.

The Encinitas Unified School District, near San Diego, began the program in September to teach Ashtanga yoga as part of the district's physical education program - and school officials insist the program does not teach any religion.

Lawyers for the parents challenging the yoga program disagreed.

“As a First Amendment lawyer, I wouldn't go after an exercise program. I don't go after people for stretching,” said attorney Dean Broyles, who heads the National Center on Law and Policy, which filed the suit on Wednesday in a San Diego court.

“But Ashtanga yoga is a religious-based yoga, and if we are separating church and state, we can't pick and choose religious favourites,” he said.

More at link

Well, guess you'd better take your kids out of any martial arts classes if they're enrolled in any....  ::)

Jim Seggie said:
The solution is simple  - ban everything.

Obama, in the States and our NDP, Liberals here are trying.

Have patience Jim. Square breathing is the key.

Back