• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

"You need short hair cuts in the reserves? That's like... Ivan Denisovich. Are they trying to make you all look the same?"

cupper said:
About as logical as arming all the teachers. :nod:

And one of our loony city councillors wants a cop in each school. In Winnipeg.  :facepalm:

"We plan to encase Germany's deadliest weapon factory, "Heckler & Koch" in Oberndorf, so that none of its lethal "products" can illegally escape"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tvPoncNYF5g

Jim Seggie said:
And one of our loony city councillors wants a cop in each school. In Winnipeg.  :facepalm:

I seem to remember my brother telling me about 4 or 5 years ago when he was the budget manager for the City that they didn't have enough cops to police downtown...put the Biz Cops in the schools instead?  ;D

School teacher sues school board for discrimination due to fear of children.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1315164--teacher-with-fear-of-young-kids-sues-school-board-for-discrimination

Listening to a story on NPR on the way home today, and I had a ??? moment.

The reporter was explaining how France stepped up security at home to prevent terrorist activity as a result of the military action in Mali.

It seems that they have raised the threat level to Red + which is apparently one step below the highest level of Scarlet.  :facepalm:

http://www.npr.org/2013/01/15/169453759/france-to-send-more-troops-to-mali-to-combat-islamist-militants

Heard in a Tim Horton's today.
Dumbass- "Its a proven fact all high capacity clips jam 90% of the time"

Me- "Really and how do you know this"

Dumbass- "I fired a M-1 once and it jammed with a 30 round clip in it"

Me- OK enjoy your moca java dumbass"

my72jeep said:

I'd like to assume that you were in uniform at that time.

my72jeep said:

Yeah, what a dumba$$... If he fired a M-1 once and it jammed, I would say that would be 100% (to him)....

ME

Read this yesterday:  Professor says students can't identify continents on map

A professor at Memorial University says her students desperately need to brush up on their geography.

In September, Judith Adler gave students in her Sociology 2270 class a pop quiz – something she now requires her students to pass in order to pass her course.

The course studies sociology of the family, and Adler teaches the material from a cross-cultural perspective.

"I've assigned work on families in Africa, families in Asia, families in South America. And for many years, I just took for granted that if I talked about families in Africa, that my students had a visual image of where Africa was," she said.

Adler decided she had to make sure her students knew the locations she was talking about. She handed out a blank map, and gave her students simple instructions: Identify Europe, Asia, South America and Africa.

"The results were really mind-opening to me," she said.

"They should not be confusing Antarctica and the Arctic, and they should know that they live on the Atlantic Ocean ... and they should be able to know where North America is."

Adler described the test as extremely elementary, adding she's had to make it even simpler over the years. This year's results were no less shocking.

More at link

I'm betting it's not just students at Memorial University either.  :-\

Sigs Pig said:
Yeah, what a dumba$$... If he fired a M-1 once and it jammed, I would say that would be 100% (to him)....

ME
I allmost told him a M-1 only holds 8 rounds and if you tried to put a 30 rd clip in that might be why it jammed, but why mess with his delusion.

30-round magazines are available for the M1 Carbine - presuming that he does not know the difference between "clip" and "magazine".

Loachman said:
30-round magazines are available for the M1 Carbine - presuming that he does not know the difference between "clip" and "magazine".
Sorry should have said M-1 Garand.

PMedMoe said:
Adler described the test as extremely elementary, adding she's had to make it even simpler over the years.
If a student cannot pass a test to confirm their knowledge, are you going to increase their knowledge or simplify the test?

Elementary schools shuffle their failures on to secondary school, assuming that they'll sort them out.  Obviously now, secondary schools are passing these same elementary school failures on to university in the hope that they'll teach the Grade 6 material.

:not-again:

Journeyman said:
If a student cannot pass a test to confirm their knowledge, are you going to increase their knowledge or simplify the test?

Elementary schools shuffle their failures on to secondary school, assuming that they'll sort them out.  Obviously now, secondary schools are passing these same elementary school failures on to university in the hope that they'll teach the Grade 6 material.

Yes, because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.....  ::)

Journeyman said:

:not-again:

Similar to the fashion some training establishments shuffle the "bubble soldiers" into the units.

More pathetic than dumb.

Operation Terror: Mass shooting at school was hoax

http://thechronicleherald.ca/world/442851-operation-terror-mass-shooting-at-school-was-hoax

WASHINGTON — The United States has long been a breeding ground for conspiracy theorists, spurred by an often violent history riddled, in particular, with shadowy political assassinations.

But the latest conspiracy movement seems custom-made to underscore the need for a national debate on mental illness. Some of the Sandy Hook Truthers, as they’ve been dubbed, believe last month’s mass shooting in Newtown, Conn., was a hoax.

The Obama administration perpetrated the hoax, the conspiracy theorists claim, in order to ratchet up support for tougher gun control measures.

They call themselves Operation Terror, and many of the movement’s adherents appear to have ties to the so-called 9-11 truthers who have long held that the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, were an inside job by the George W. Bush administration.

Their theories on the Dec. 14 shooting in Sandy Hook appear to lack any basis in fact, reality or common sense. But Google Trends suggests the movement is gaining momentum with both a Florida college professor and a libertarian Fox News anchor in Cincinnati questioning the official narrative on the events.

On various websites and blogs, some Sandy Hook truthers crow about the “smoking gun” they say proves the shooting was a hoax — a photo of President Barack Obama, backstage at a Newtown vigil two days after the shooting, a young blonde girl sitting on his lap.

They insist the girl is six-year-old Emilie Parker, one of the 20 child victims of the shooting. The Sandy Hook truthers claim her parents slipped up in their participation in the hoax, and allowed their eldest daughter to cuddle up to Obama.

“The story that she was killed at Sandy Hook is not possible, because here she is sitting on the president’s lap after the shooting,” intones the narrator of a YouTube video, one of dozens of its kind, this one the recipient of more than 260,000 web hits.

In fact, it’s the dead girl’s little sister.

The child’s father, Robbie Parker, was also faking his profound despair when he tearfully addressed the media shortly after his daughter’s murder, the believers claim, and was reading from cue cards.

The family members of the massacre’s tiniest victims aren’t the only ones being accused of such unthinkable fraud as they continue to grieve.

A town resident who sheltered six youngsters after they fled Sandy Hook Elementary School in terror is even facing harassment from some of the conspiracy theorists.

Gene Rosen, a 69-year-old pet-sitter, told Salon.com this week that he’s getting phone calls and emails accusing him of fabricating his story.

One email read: “How are all those little students doing? You know, the ones that showed up at your house after the ‘shooting.’ What is the going rate for getting involved in a government-sponsored hoax anyway?”

Police are investigating the harassment. Rosen, who also comforted a frantic mother who came to his door looking for her deceased child, told Salon he’s furious at anyone who believes in such an outrageous conspiracy theory.

“There must be some way to morally shame these people, because there were 20 dead children lying an eighth of a mile from my window all night long,” he said. “I am rageful about it, both for the children and for the mother of the child who came to my house looking for her son.”

Other Newtown conspiracy theorists allege there were four perpetrators from Israeli special forces, and that it wasn’t children who died, but a secret United Nations delegation.

A Florida college professor also suggested on his personal blog that the Sandy Hook shooting may not have played out the way many believe it did — if it happened at all.

“I said that there may very well be elements of that event that are synthetic to some degree, that are somewhat contrived,” James Tracy, of Florida Atlantic University, recently told a local TV station in Boca Raton.

Ordinary man gets blamed when Sprint customers lose phones

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57564344-71/ordinary-man-gets-blamed-when-sprint-customers-lose-phones/

If I were Wayne Dobson, I'd move house. I'd move a few blocks away from his Las Vegas home. Or I'd leave Las Vegas altogether.
Dobson, you see, suffers constantly by virtue exclusively of where he lives.
Angry Sprint customers turn up at his door and demand he gives them their cell phones back.
He doesn't have their cell phone. He doesn't have anyone's cell phone. He doesn't even own a cell phone.
As the Las Vegas Review-Journal painfully portrays it, 59-year-old Dobson is at his wit's end.
However, he's also at the end of an impossible GPS glitch that makes Sprint customers believe their cell phones are secreted on his property.
It's no fun for him to open his door and encounter people begging for their phone back because it has intimate family pictures -- or merely intimate pictures.
Things became truly annoying in December, though, when four youths turned up at 2:30 a.m. with menace aforethought. They were in possession of an app that told them -- for sure, for sure -- that Dobson had one of their phones.

Things didn't get better when, on another occasion, someone thrust lights into his house at 4 a.m. That someone was a police officer, who believed a 911 call reporting potential domestic violence had come from Dobson's house.
A police spokeswoman explained what could have been a deadly situation to the Review-Journal like this: "We're relying on the accuracy of the information that's given to us by the carrier. It's just not a perfect technology."
Sprint's spokeswoman, Rachel Crocker, sounded mystified: "We will research the issue thoroughly and try to get to the bottom of what is going on and if it has anything to do with our company."
Well, the police have visited Dobson four times now. Yet how are they to know that the next report to go to his house won't be real?
Is it some anomaly with his local cell tower? Or is it Sprint's software?
Dobson doesn't care. He just wants his life back.
He told the Review-Journal: "It's like Pavlov's response now. I dread the thought when I hear a car drive by that they're going to be pulling in and knocking on my door."
Move house, Wayne Dobson. Move house.

Subway footlong sub only 11 inches, say customers

Some customers vowed to never eat at the restaurant again.

"I will NEVER buy anything from Subway now. Ever," posted Marius Andre Stensaker.

More at link

Hmmmm....guess using the same line of thought, some people would never have sex again.  ;)

Makes me wonder if these people weigh Quarter Pounders too....  ::)

Back