• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Kat Stevens said:
Bill Maher is a pseudo intellectual elitist pig who thinks the worst thing to be in America is someone with a blue collar job, and if you don't think like him you're a moron... hmmmmm... where have I heard that recently?
There are times that I appreciate him, but then he does something like this.

Brihard said:
Every guy he works with in his unit now knows that, whilst wearing a pink tute, he beat up a disabled veteran in a wheelchair. I don't think the raw facts of the case have ever been so effective in instantly delivering soul-crushing justice.

I love it, well put.

Niner Domestic bought me some Avon man type sop, which is rather nice of her.

She asks  "what flavour do you want out?  "

I said " the blue flavour...."

:facepalm:

Tards r us....

Jim Seggie said:
Niner Domestic bought me some Avon man type sop, which is rather nice of her.

She asks  "what flavour do you want out?  "

I said " the blue flavour...."

:facepalm:

Tards r us....

Probably not a bad thing if you get a potty mouth in front of her and she decides to teach you a lesson  ;D

MM

The NDP are at it again

"NDP Heath critic tables bill for national sodium strategy"

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/ndp-health-critic-tables-bill-for-national-sodium-strategy-1.1025394  :facepalm:

Are there not more serious things that should be occupying the time of government.  More proof that they, the NDP, truly are an intrusive big government party.

PMedMoe said:
Los Angeles City Council Endorses ‘Meatless Mondays’
I lean more towards the Chive's "Mind the Gap Mondays," but that's just me.  :nod:

Chive_logo.png

Got on a plane the other day for a four hour trip. Just after the safety brief, the stewardess announced, " A passenger has self identified as having a peanut allergy, please refrain from using any peanut products during the flight".

Sorry, but I won't comply, but please refrain from kissing me, shaking my hand or having any other form of contact with me and you'll be fine.

PMedMoe said:
More likely causing anxiety in the parents of students with nut allergies....  ::)

These kids if they are allergic to nuts must have severe reaction to their parents  ::)

kratz said:
So I read this, but it is one of the dumbest things I have heard of:

Mother wants Oak trees cut down at children's school due to acorn allergies.

Read it this am...one of the more out there propositions I've ever seen coming out of a parent.......even in TO.

Gee......how about pine nuts.....maple keys, etc, etc.....

I am aware of the issue with nut allergies, and am sure it's a concern. I tend to be of the school that if you let your kids eat dirt, get dirty, maybe get licked by the dog.......the body develops it's immune system accordingly, and doesn't generate a histamine response every time something comes in contact with the kid. Seems to work for my boy at least.

A comedian once put it this way..." If a peanut or legume can kill your child......you may want to consider home school"

Now I'm off to take my son down to the town dump to play.........

Radical Jihadist whack job wants to bulldoze the Great Pyramids as well as the Sphinx.  Mind you this nutter is a bit of a worry as he had a part to play in the Buddhas in Afghanistan being destroyed.  Arsehole.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2232315/Radical-jihadist-leader-threatens-bulldoze-Great-Sphinx-pyramids-Giza.html

How about having a 2:45 parade practice on a Thursday afternoon for a Medal award ceremony on the Friday Morning???

Yup, that's how the Navy Rolls. 

I'm on Annual leave Friday, and am quite happily skipping the presentation (it's the OUP medal, NATO Non-Article 5 for our "fun" around Libya last year.)

I'm pondering showing up and sitting in the stands to obseve and drink beer.  Wonder how that'd go over.  :cheers:

Shared from National Post

B.C. Boxing Day shoppers call 911 to get out of traffic
Christopher Reynolds, Postmedia News
Dec 27, 2012 4:20 PM ET | Last Updated: Dec 27, 2012 4:24 PM ET

METRO VANCOUVER — News flash for shoppers: Being stuck in Boxing Day traffic is not an emergency.

That’s the message Burnaby RCMP had to give out Wednesday afternoon after an onslaught of 911 calls from frustrated motorists stuck in traffic on streets and parking lots, particularly at Metrotown.

Staff Sgt. Robert Marks said the calls — too many to count — started coming in around noon and continued into the evening.

“Obviously, people on Boxing Day are out returning things and doing their shopping. It’s the traffic and people not being able to exit parking lots at the mall that’s causing this. So it’s kind of an unusual call to get as far as 911 calls are concerned.”

The deluge of calls prompted Burnaby RCMP Staff Sgt. Steve Crawford to send out a Twitter plea around 2 p.m. on the @BurnabyRCMP account urging people to stop dialling the emergency number for traffic problems.

more at link

Makes me proud to live here. :facepalm:

Boys, aged 12 and 14, charged with carjacking

http://www.insidenova.com/news/article_1e593176-5057-11e2-bf0a-001a4bcf6878.html

Police say a group of teens stole a car Wednesday night and drove it to McDonalds.

Police responded to the 7900 block of Community Drive in the Manassas area at 9:17 p.m., Prince William police spokesman Jonathan Perok said.

A 41-year-old Manassas woman and a 39-year-old Manassas man told police they had just parked their vehicle in front of their house when three males approached the vehicle, police said.

The victims told police two of the males displayed handguns, ordered the victims to get out of their car, got into the car and drove away, Perok said. Police said the other male ran away.

No injuries were reported.

About 10:30 p.m., police found the stolen vehicle, occupied by seven people, in the drive-through lane of the McDonalds on Portsmouth Road, Perok said.

Police approached the vehicle and four people, including the driver jumped out and ran away, police said.

The vehicle, still in drive, went forward and struck a concrete pillar before coming to a stop, Perok said.

Three people inside the vehicle were unable to get out of the backseat and were detained by officers, but police later determined that those three people were not involved in the carjacking, Perok said.

Police used a police dog to search for the other occupants of the vehicle and found one suspect, a 17-year-old Manassas boy, nearby, Perok said.

Police later located the three other suspects at a house on Albemarle Drive, Perok said.

Police said a 12-year-old Manassas boy and a 14-year-old Sterling boy were involved in the initial carjacking.

After the carjacking, the two boys went to Manassas Mall, where they met the other teens, Perok said.

A 13-year-old girl then drove the group in the stolen vehicle to the McDonalds, where police found them, Perok said.

The handguns used in the carjacking were actually BB guns, which the boys had stolen before the carjacking, Perok said.

Police are still searching for the third person involved in the carjacking. He is described as black, about 17 years old, 5 feet, 9 inches tall and thin, with a teardrop tattoo under his left eye and a lazy right eye.

The 12-year-old and 14-year-old boys were both arrested Wednesday and charged with carjacking and use of a firearm in commission of a felony.

The 13-year-old girl was charged with receiving stolen property, destruction of property and reckless driving.

The 17-year-old boy was charged with receiving stolen property.

Back