• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

PMedMoe said:
Oh, I know.  :nod:  My Mom used to call the dog's name too.  ;D

Does that mean you look when somebody calls you "Spot?"  :bowing:

As innocent as this sounds, don't hollar "Hi" to your buddy Jack across the Airport Terminal! As it came out of my mouth......

Jim Seggie said:
"Hey you" still works!

Not always - I almost got made into a popsicle by a gazillion year old PPCLI RSM who yelled "Hey You" at me and couldn't figure out why I ignored him...other folks were around, so I pointed out to him, "...Sir, I have rank on my arm and a name on my chest - if you can't be bothered to use either, I wouldn't expect a response back...".  He didn't see my point...

MM

medicineman said:
Not always - I almost got made into a popsicle by a gazillion year old PPCLI RSM who yelled "Hey You" at me and couldn't figure out why I ignored him...other folks were around, so I pointed out to him, "...Sir, I have rank on my arm and a name on my chest - if you can't be bothered to use either, I wouldn't expect a response back...".  He didn't see my point...

MM

Ouch!

Kind of reminds me of a 2Lt I knew many years ago. He was sauntering across the parade square at RMC with a coffee cup in hand when the College CWO came out to educate him on the error of his ways. After hearing the CWO out he replies "tell you what Sgt Maj, why don't you write it in a memo for me, and I'll get around to reading it someday."

It was as if hell itself opened up and released demons upon the earth....

Staff Weenie said:
Kind of reminds me of a 2Lt I knew many years ago. He was sauntering across the parade square at RMC with a coffee cup in hand when the College CWO came out to educate him on the error of his ways. After hearing the CWO out he replies "tell you what Sgt Maj, why don't you write it in a memo for me, and I'll get around to reading it someday."

Was there enough left to turn over to the family for a decent burial? 8)

Did the coffee burn them/you terribly when he threw it at them/you?  ;D

Edited for spelling oops.

MM

I would have paid money to see that!

Another person and I did that to a kid right out of Cornwallis(we're talking 1966) at Esquimalt. This poor guy started around the parade square, and we called him back. We told him this wasn't Cornwallis, and he could angle across the parade square. Fool believed us!!! A Wren Chief nearly came right out a second story window to yell at him!

medicineman said:
Did the coffee burn them/you terribly when he threw it at them/you?  ;D

Edited for spelling oops.

MM

It wasn't me! I can guarantee that - I've done some mighty stupid things over the years, but I have my limits.

We all got a clear directive on respecting the position, authority, and rank of the College Chief after that......

FlyingDutchman said:
"I don't know how to put gas in my car."
"I could show you."
"No, I'd rather not learn to."

Ah so you've met my wife. 8)

Jimmy_D said:
The military uses diesel only, don't they?
Got one slightly better than that.
"You mean there's a difference between diesel and gas?"
Statement said after filling ski-doos with diesel fuel.

Canadian.Trucker said:
:facepalm: ;D

Canadian.Trucker said:

Somebody filled one of our (427 Squadron) jeeps with kerosene during RV83. Excellent smoke generator - it was left to idle until the tank was empty.

A few years earlier, an Officer from one of the other London reserve regiments had his troop of jeeps topped up, late one dark night, with naphtha. No smoke, but noticeably higher RPM.

Canadian.Trucker said:

The boys filled one of the ship's rental vans in Dublin with gas, when they should have used diesel.  They got about 100 yards from the gas station...

Pusser said:
The boys filled one of the ship's rental vans in Dublin with gas, when they should have used diesel.  They got about 100 yards from the gas station...

I loaned 5 gal of diesel to a guy (last week) who had put $30 worth of gas into a new diesel truck on his way back from the dump (about 12miles)....he was wondering why it wouldn't start......duh...

Back