• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Westploy / Southploy

sailoraye123

Inactive
Reaction score
I heard today a rumour that a medal was in the works for ships leaving for either set sail to west or south or east ploy that aren't recognized by other current medals... has anybody heard anymore on this.. this is a great feat for young sailors who are gone 4-8 months a year a little recognition for hard work and sacrifice will being great pride...

Unless Westploy/Southploy become named CJOC missions I doubt there will be a medal issued. Going on a CJOC mission means that there are much tighter controls on what you can do in port(Ie; Hotels and drinking), so you really have to ask yourself whether you think a piece of ribbon and a bit of tin is worth losing out on your freedom in port. For my part I prefer being able to see new places and enjoy the local libations more than I would enjoy a shiny new gong that means nothing to me.

The whole purpose of the SSI is to recognize the amount of time spent away not on missions. I think given the nature of Westploy/Southploy more days on the SSI is more than enough compensation. 

There's enough shenanigans going on around the world that you should have no problem filling your gong collection.

I am certain you won't have to rely on a medal recognizing a nice leisurely trip around the pacific.

Back