• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

We get the governments we deserve, don't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin P said:
just arrived in my inbox,  don't recall getting one when the Liberals left?

Over the last nine years, my team and I have worked very closely with the Public Service of Canada to improve the prosperity, security and well-being of Canadians and improve Canada’s position in the world.

I am very proud of the remarkable work we have accomplished together towards meeting these objectives.

I would like to thank each and every one of you for the support you have shown my team and me over three successive parliaments and for the dedication you have demonstrated in delivering for Canadians.

It has been an honour to serve as Prime Minister of the greatest country in the world and I will always be grateful for the support of Canada’s world-class public service.

Stephen Harper
Prime Minister of Canada

And the Ottawa Citizen reports on Prime Minister Harper's letter and the PSAC's churlish, low class response ... so typical of the public service union culture ... not of the public service, per se, nor of trade unions, in general; "churlish," "low class" and so on just apply, specifically, to the leadership of public service unions.

E.R. Campbell said:
And the Ottawa Citizen reports on Prime Minister Harper's letter and the PSAC's churlish, low class response ... so typical of the public service union culture ... not of the public service, per se, nor of trade unions, in general; "churlish," "low class" and so on just apply, specifically, to the leadership of public service unions.

One of the most churlish rude things I read was that when Margaret Thatcher died, unionist said "The witch is dead". No class.

Hamish Seggie said:
One of the most churlish rude things I read was that when Margaret Thatcher died, unionist said "The witch is dead". No class.

Agreed.  But she did have the hate of the Miners, that's for sure.

E.R. Campbell said:

I would have been shocked if they had responded like adults.  Their response is true to form.

I left this reply in the comments section of the Ottawa Citizen :facepalm:

I now await unemotional, factual and educational responses from members of PSAC. :warstory: [/sarcasm]

"Hmmm, how soon PSAC forgets those rosey times under the Liberals. When they had to sue them for stealing their pension trusts. Discriminatory employers, public and private, that had been given confidence to continue pay discrimination by the actions of the Chrétien Liberals, even after writing to PSAC president Daryl Bean promising to abide by the tribunal decision. Chrétien wrote: “Equal pay for work of equal value became a right with the passage of the Canadian Human Rights Act, a right that does not begin and end on the whim of the Tory government.” Another Liberal lie affecting PSAC. These aren't one offs. The misappropriation of funds, the broken promises and outright lies are massive and legendary..

Guess what PSAC, those same guys are back in charge as the PM designate's handlers, policy and speech writers as well as spokespersons for the Liberals once again. You failed to learn from history, you're now doomed to repeat it. Have fun."

recceguy said:

I now await unemotional, factual and educational responses from members of PSAC. :warstory: [/sarcasm]

"Hmmm, how soon PSAC forgets those rosey times under the Liberals. When they had to sue them for stealing their pension trusts. Discriminatory employers, public and private, that had been given confidence to continue pay discrimination by the actions of the Chrétien Liberals, even after writing to PSAC president Daryl Bean promising to abide by the tribunal decision. Chrétien wrote: “Equal pay for work of equal value became a right with the passage of the Canadian Human Rights Act, a right that does not begin and end on the whim of the Tory government.” Another Liberal lie affecting PSAC. These aren't one offs. The misappropriation of funds, the broken promises and outright lies are massive and legendary..

Guess what PSAC, those same guys are back in charge as the PM designate's handlers, policy and speech writers as well as spokespersons for the Liberals once again. You failed to learn from history, you're now doomed to repeat it. Have fun."

Nice fire across the broadside I must say!  :warstory:

jollyjacktar said:
I would have been shocked if they had responded like adults.  Their response is true to form.

Yep, low class. I doubt that the next 4 years of government by the Liberals will be enough to alter the mindset though. One can only hope.

Jed said:
Yep, low class. I doubt that the next 4 years of government by the Liberals will be enough to alter the mindset though. One can only hope.

Not likely in my personal opinion.  They are blind to reality, after all they did vote in their Liberal ancestors time and time again.

It appears my comment was deleted, so I reposted it and also sent it to my FB page ;D

recceguy said:
It appears my comment was deleted, so I reposted it and also sent it to my FB page ;D

Shame on you, contradicting the narrative like that.  >:D

BTW, I had to spend some time with the PSAC president circa 2007 - a Marxist Scotsman of the finest vintage.  Probably immigrated to Canada during the Thatcher years.  Still had a Glaswegian accent thick enough to create its own smokescreen.

cavalryman said:
Shame on you, contradicting the narrative like that.  >:D

BTW, I had to spend some time with the PSAC president circa 2007 - a Marxist Scotsman of the finest vintage.  Probably immigrated to Canada during the Thatcher years.  Still had a Glaswegian accent thick enough to create its own smokescreen.

You mean like every top position for almost every union in B.C. ;D

The Toronto Sun says, "Today's The Day!"

CS-NmDkUsAAd3I9.jpg:large

Source: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CS-NmDkUsAAd3I9.jpg:large

recceguy said:

I also remember closing of the fish hatcheries, SAR vessels tied to the dock for lack of fuel to name a few. I also remember the relief by many of the PS when those thieving bastards were kicked out of government.

Colin P said:
I also remember closing of the fish hatcheries, SAR vessels tied to the dock for lack of fuel to name a few. I also remember the relief by many of the PS when those thieving bastards were kicked out of government.

I am sure that when the day comes that everyone is tired of our new alien overlords, they'll be happy to see the back end of them too.

I accept a change in government, i just find the current lovefest and amnesia of the crowd nauseating. 

Ach, for them it's the arrival of spring once more.  I can understand their glee at seeing their version of sunshine and warm temps.  They've not seen the blackflies, mossies, slugs and hurricane seasons start just yet.  That will come in due course and they'll maybe love spring and summer a little bit less.

jollyjacktar said:
Ach, for them it's the arrival of spring once more.  I can understand their glee at seeing their version of sunshine and warm temps.  They've not seen the blackflies, mossies, slugs and hurricane seasons start just yet.  That will come in due course and they'll maybe love spring and summer a little bit less.
I feel a song coming on..... here it is:

Springtime for Justin and Canada 

:nod:

(With apologies to Mel Brooks)

jollyjacktar said:

Since we are the ones paying for the warm sunshine etc, I suspect that it is we who will be subject to blackflies,mossies, slugs and hurricane seasons. The political class has become very adept at insulating themselves and their favoured clients from the effects of their policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back