• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: Someone to plan, develop next CF recruiting ad campaign

<movie tangent>
WeatherdoG said:
I just finished that book last night, a small part of me dies every time I'm reminded of the abomination of a movie.
Remember, the Starship Troopers movies (at least the ones Paul Verhoeven was involved in - 1 and 3) are, according to the DVD commentary, parodies - think more War Inc. than All Quiet on the Western Front.  If you want your faith restored a bit, try this and this movie by Verhoeven (director and/or writer).  I think you'll be impressed with his take on WW2 and the resistance through Dutch eyes.</movie tangent>

Just modify this one for us, and you're golden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH_E6YSQqTo

You're welcome.  ;D

WeatherdoG said:
I just finished that book last night, a small part of me dies every time I'm reminded of the abomination of a movie.
That movie was horribly awesome, of course that may just be the nostalgia goggles talking.

A fav of mine.  Great if someone bitches about wearing the simunition full headgear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IklqPx3unjs

Well whoever wins the contract will have some breathing room to get the campaign in place.

CBC.ca

Canadian Forces accepting fewer recruits
CBC News
Posted: Oct 13, 2011 1:37 PM AT  Last Updated: Oct 13, 2011 3:51 PM AT

The Canadian Forces are accepting just over half the applications they normally would in a year, and unless the applicants have certain specific skills, they are being told to try again later.

Out of 100 categories of jobs or trades in the Forces, only 13 list current openings, including dentists, musicians and social workers.

The military normally recruits around 5,000 people in a year. This year, it expects to recruit only 2,800.

“For this year we have pretty much accomplished our raw numbers,” Lt.-Cmdr. Robert Bedard, a military recruiter, said Wednesday.

Fewer recruits are needed because fewer members are leaving the military and more reservists are switching to regular forces.

The application process is also highly competitive.

Kyle Warkington, who is studying to be a nurse, said he knows his application may not be accepted for as much as a year.

“It’s not just come sign up and you are on your way,” he said.

Bedard offered a suggestion to applicants such as Warkington.

“The thing to do is to keep continuing their education and improve the skills that we’re looking for,” he said.

No need to make them for combat arms, I was told to wait 2 years if I wanted into those trades.

Back