• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: 1m of woodland CADPAT

• Thread starter Deleted member 30710
  • Start date
yes i do, but i always check to make sure they have fabric before i firm up the order.

I have one that will be available shortly, thats almost finished, it is Cadpat on one side and its reversable..with red on the other with a yellow ribbon blocked in black.
sept.jpg
( tried resizing, but it wont go smaller)

looks like this with a toddler on the back.
Picture557-1.jpg

I have been selling them for $40.  shipping for the last one from Ont to Edmonton was $13 with Canada Post/
i dont have the directions for putting them on, i just find the links online for the different ways to wear them.

It's simple to test IR, just get an IR illuminator from Surefire or any other light making company.

Blackleaf said:
do you still want CADPAT (TW) ? i have a limited supply of most digital patterns, including official cadpat.

Blackleaf - as your profile is extremely bare I do not know if you are uniformed or not. If you are, I would strongly suggest you return this material to your local Supply - they'll know what to do with it. I realize you probably paid a lot of money for it, but fact is fact - you have no other course to take that would not possibly result in some sort of disciplinary action. This is a result of "a little research goes a long way..."

If you are not affiliated with DND then I strongly suggest you not waste any time attempting to peddle your treasures to us - we know better. (Sorry Tess, I know you really wanted it, too!!  ;) )

armywife/cadetmom said:
i purchase the "relish" style cadpat at a little local sewing shop.  Its not REAL, the lady said its like one digit off of real.  Feels the same as DH's uniform, looks quite the same, and its not cheap $17/M.  Ive used it to make a couple "S.O.T." Mei Tai baby carriers for friends, and ourselves, aswell as shoulder belt cushion thingys for the kids.

looks like this...
Picture559.jpg

That is so cool!! Do you have a website?

i dont have a website, its really just a hobby of mine.  i do it for friends, and friends of friends pretty much at cost ( factor fabric, quilting, ribbons, flags,  notions, cost of gas to town to get things the local wee shop doesnt carry)  The time spent on it is mine, doing something i like.  I got into these specifically because they are sooooo much more comfortable to wear then the "snugli" or hiking back packs for carrying lil ones, as you fit it to yourself and your lil one.....and it looks cool too.  DH wore our lil girl (30lbs) all thru the War Museum in Ottawa comfortably for an entire afternoon...calls it his ruck march training lol

Surplus off colour fabric was liquidated by the fabric printing mills with the approval from DND, this fabric has a slight discoloration of one of the shades of green, IR reflectivity can be verified with an IR flashlight filter and a cellphone camera ( newer digital camera devices can see in the IR spectrum, try pointing a tv remote at a camera, the light will be visible. and badguys with cellphone cameras can see active IR strobes, although the screen backlight will obviously be visible as well)
The IR properties are only applied to some of the colours in the print design, the visible spectrum colour is not related to the IR reflectivity properties.
checkout my cadpat doughnut bag on ebay.
:p

VP

Offer of cadpat retracted.
I don't have time to argue the legality or legitimacy, with barracks room lawyers. I am fully aware of restrictions and regulations and am in breach of none.
I just wanted to offer Tess one meter, to help with whatever project.
OTHER SOURCES; for cordura get the matress cover from canex, and for cotton/nylon use the ruck cover from CP gear, both are good sources of a decent size of fabric for your projects.
(Turn it into the local supply?) nice try binrat ;)

Blackleaf said:
I don't have time to argue the legality or legitimacy, with barracks room lawyers. I am fully aware of restrictions and regulations and am in breach of none.
OTHER SOURCES; for cordura get the matress cover from canex, and for cotton/nylon use the ruck cover from CP gear, both are good sources of a decent size of fabric for your projects.

CTAT:
http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/admfincs/subjects/daod/3003/1_e.asp

"Under the Defence Production Act it is an offence for a person who is not registered under that Act to knowingly examine, possess or transfer a controlled good. The registration requirements do not apply to a person who occupies a position in the federal public service or a federal Crown Corporation, or is employed by Her Majesty in right of a province, who acts in good faith in the course of their duties and employment.

"Policy Statement
DND and the CF are committed to demonstrating responsiveness to, and responsibility for, all laws and regulations in respect of controlled goods.

Requirements
DND and the CF must:

ensure that all controlled goods are identified and afforded the necessary level of protection to prevent their unauthorized examination, possession or transfer;

ensure that DND employees and CF members exercise due diligence and permit access to controlled goods only by persons so authorized under the Defence Production Act and the Controlled Goods Regulations; and

provide for reporting and investigation if the security of a controlled good is compromised in any way.

Authority
Authority Table The following table identifies the authorities responsible for implementing the policy.

The Vice Chief of the Defence Staff (VCDS)
has the authority to direct that the management of controlled goods be included in business plans.

ADM(Mat)
approve and administer policy for controlled goods."

DAOD 3003-1

Identification
Date of Issue 2002-12-06

Application This is a directive that applies to employees of the Department of National Defence (DND) and an order that applies to officers and non-commissioned members of the Canadian Forces ("CF members").
Approval
Authority This DAOD is issued under the authority of the Assistant Deputy Minister (Materiel) (ADM(Mat)).

Enquiries Controlled Technology Access Transfer (CTAT) Office

Requirements
Management of Controlled Goods In the management of controlled goods in DND and the CF, DND employees and CF members shall:

acquire an appropriate level of knowledge and skills by means of awareness and training programs to manage controlled goods;

procure, manage, secure, use and dispose of controlled goods in a manner that meets all laws, regulations, international agreements, contracts, licenses and other agreements that govern the use or transfer of controlled goods;

incorporate the management of controlled goods in all aspects of:

research and development,

engineering and maintenance, and

life cycle materiel management (initial selection, procurement, warehousing, use, handling, storage, transportation and disposal); and

ensure that all reasonable efforts are made to prevent unauthorized access to controlled goods.
Note – See the Context block in DAOD 3003-0, Controlled Goods for the meaning of "controlled goods".

Exercising Due Diligence As a minimum in the management of controlled goods in DND and the CF, due diligence requires that DND employees and CF members:

know and obey federal laws and regulations applicable to controlled goods;

know how to identify controlled goods, and persons who are authorized to have access to controlled goods;

take reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized access to controlled goods;

prepare for risks that a thoughtful and reasonable person would foresee; and

respond to risks and incidents as soon as practicable.

Compromise of Security If the security of controlled goods is compromised in any way, the incident shall be reported immediately and investigated.

Corrective action shall be taken as necessary to prevent any reoccurrence

That'd be based on the Controlled Technology and Transfer Act, and The Defence Production Act --- serving members are REQUIRED, by law, to comply with all security issues pertaining to controlled items - inclusive of their cadpat and it's controlled material.

Blackleaf said:

I'm not a "barracks room lawyer" - i'm a Supply Tech AND an Canadian taxpayer. It wasn't a try Blackleaf, i'm just upholding my end of the bargain with the Queen. What about you?

I've been out of the forces for a few years, I happened to come across this material, did the research on where it came from and why.
like I said before, this material is misprinted factory seconds made by Consoltex Canada and and it's liquidation approved by the director of intellectual property.
Available in the USA online http://www.rockywoods.com/military.htm (although they are currently out of stock)
In Canada at Textile Clearing House on Fraser St. in Vancouver BC (also out of stock)
as far as I know this was a one time deal to get rid of the fabric that was misprinted during the inital start-up of the complex four colour printing process, there will be no more because the printing process has now been perfected.
I thought I'd offer it up to the troops to make shave kits and boot bags or whatever, that why I posted here.
CadPat is a trademark, it is intellectual property, it is not controlled goods.
it can be licensed out to manufacture such as CP gear, Drop Zone ect. and also other allied military and law enforcement agencies, the RCMP have cadpat and the TAC teams of some municipal police forces in Canada and the US.
Yes items made of cadpat issued to the troops by the system are classified as controlled goods, and it is a service offense to sell them to the surplus shop or on ebay.
I thought I'd offer it up to the troops first to make shave kits and boot bags or whatever, that why I posted here.
The fabric I had has been acquired by one of the director of intellectual property licensees, and is no longer available.

Blackleaf said:
CadPat is a trademark, it is intellectual property, it is not controlled goods.
it can be licensed out to manufacture such as CP gear, Drop Zone ect. and also other allied military and law enforcement agencies, the RCMP have cadpat and the TAC teams of some municipal police forces in Canada and the US. Uhmmm yes, and those agencies would be security screened and authorized to posess - ergo the "authorized" personnel bit.
Yes items made of cadpat issued to the troops by the system are classified as controlled goods, and it is a service offense to sell them to the surplus shop or on ebay.
I thought I'd offer it up to the troops first to make shave kits and boot bags or whatever, that why I posted here.
The fabric I had has been acquired by one of the director of intellectual property licensees, and is no longer available.

Make up your mind. Cadpat is indeed controlled - we need to "Certified DeMil'd" (ie certify it demiled and destructed) so that it does not make it way outside of DND/CF or other authorized place into the posession of unauthorized pers.

Indeed CP Gear, Drop Zone etc have been authorized to utilize "real" cadpat (and that "controlled" bit is not all just about the copyrighted 'pattern', but is also due to the IR content) FOR SOME ITEMS. A license to those companies to utilize "real" cadpat to make "certain items" - does not mean that they are authorized to make whatever they want in "real" cadpat and sell to "whomever/whatever."

Now, if you go back, you'll see that your profile is blank, that you were asked "if" you were a serving member, and that you failed to note "off the bat" that the material was rejects.

You didn't offer any of those details up until the regulations were posted - even after being asked. Had you bothered with that PERTINENT info ... well - who knows just what may have happened.

And please, do forgive us for querying BUT remeber that WE are still serving so that means WE still get to do our jobs. That job includes provide for reporting and investigation if the security of a controlled good is compromised in any way (see the DAOD) - so your answering the questions from the outset may have aided with that a tad bit. You wouldn't be the first one on this site who got queried because you had cadpat up for sale - I'm quite sure that you won't be the last.

Back