• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: 1m of woodland CADPAT

• Thread starter Deleted member 30710
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30710

I tried fabricland and a few other fabric stores around here (Ottawa and surrounding area) and they only seem to be selling MARPAT, all real MARPAT patterns with the USMC label on them, so I picked up a meter of woodland MARPAT (it was actually relatively cheap). No one seems to sell any of the CADPAT patterns (the military surplus store sells actual combats but no rolls of CADPAT). I tried doing a search for it online, but it seems none of the stores even know what the stuff is called, everything is just labeled as "camouflage" and even then, they only sell MARPAT. I got a kick out of the front label in fabric land that stated "100% contents unknown". On the plus side I found a meter of olive drab felt...

So any help finding a meter of woodland CADPAT would make me happy.

tovasshi said:
I tried fabricland and a few other fabric stores around here (Ottawa and surrounding area) and they only seem to be selling MARPAT, all real MARPAT patterns with the USMC label on them, so I picked up a meter of woodland MARPAT (it was actually relatively cheap). No one seems to sell any of the CADPAT patterns (the military surplus store sells actual combats but no rolls of CADPAT). I tried doing a search for it online, but it seems none of the stores even know what the stuff is called, everything is just labeled as "camouflage" and even then, they only sell MARPAT. I got a kick out of the front label in fabric land that stated "100% contents unknown". On the plus side I found a meter of olive drab felt...

So any help finding a meter of woodland CADPAT would make me happy.

You won't find any authentic "cadpat" material for sale, but you can find the imposter version at Walmarts. I've seen it in quite a few of those outlets.

You are more properly seeking "temperate woodland" pattern.

"Woodland" was this pattern in our old floppy hats.

Here's a link for you:

http://www.consoltex.com/pages/products/techeng/militaryfab.aspx?lang=EN-CA

http://stores.ebay.ca/paylessfabric_Camouflage-fabric_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ14159225QQftidZ2QQtZkm

http://www.stedfast.com/english/fabrics/index.html

When did we have those caps?

I remember going from the "Robin Hood" cap to the Cadpat one lol

I find it very strange that I could get authentic MARPAT in any flavor in fabricland, but its impossible to get authentic CADPAT. I don't want an impostor because it wouldn't look right with what I want to do with it. MARPAT is enough of an impostor as it is.  ;)

tovasshi said:
I find it very strange that I could get authentic MARPAT in any flavor in fabricland, but its impossible to get authentic CADPAT. I don't want an impostor because it wouldn't look right with what I want to do with it. MARPAT is enough of an impostor as it is.  ;)

You can't tell the difference in the pattern. It looks just like real cadpat -- it just isn't the same. Read details in that first link that I put in -- you'll not get those with the fakepat.

NFLD Sapper said:

Guess you should learn to suck up to your local sup techs. I think we actually still have a case of those floating about here ... because people still turn them in to this day when releasing etc.

NFLD Sapper said:

I was issued one for Bosnia, Roto 8.

You won't be able to get any CADPAT as the mills will ONLY sell to authorized CADPAT gear manufacturers. CP, PSP, ICE are the only real licensed ones that I know of.

There's plenty of real CADPAT combats kciking around at surplus places... I'm not sure exactly what project you're working on, but potentially you may be able to salvage sufficient material off a couple of surplussed tunics or some such?

do you still want CADPAT (TW) ? i have a limited supply of most digital patterns, including official cadpat.

Blackleaf said:
do you still want CADPAT (TW) ? i have a limited supply of most digital patterns, including official cadpat.

Now, what exactly does "official cadpat" actually mean? It's the stuff without the IR, right? Not the EXACT stuff that the army wears?

Brihard said:
There's plenty of real CADPAT combats kciking around at surplus places... I'm not sure exactly what project you're working on, but potentially you may be able to salvage sufficient material off a couple of surplussed tunics or some such?
real CADPAT shirts & pants at the very least ARE NOT available in any surplus store - unless there has been a serious "mistake".  The real stuff goes thru a chipper & turned into torn scraps.  There is the Chinese immitation CADPATish knockoff - but not the real stuff

3 years ago real cadpat tw was mistakenly released through a textile clearing house in Vancouver, I have personally checked the IR reflectivity . it's the real stuff, I purchased all the stock they had.

Blackleaf said:

I am game.

What is the width of the material you have? How much per metre? 

dileas

tess

Blackleaf said:
3 years ago real cadpat tw was mistakenly released through a textile clearing house in Vancouver, I have personally checked the IR reflectivity . it's the real stuff, I purchased all the stock they had.

Hmm... no one else wants to wade in here, so I will. If you are employed by the CF, you are considered to be selling classified material for a personal profit. That is a no-no. If you are not military, how were you able to "personally check the IR reflectivity"?

The part I find difficult to swallow is that only 3 years ago, "real" cadpat was released into the wild VIA some clearing house... DND has extremely strict controls set on this stuff, seeing as how it is classified and all... and you ended up with, what, a whole bolt of this stuff?

BinRat55 said:
The part I find difficult to swallow is that only 3 years ago, "real" cadpat was released into the wild VIA some clearing house... DND has extremely strict controls set on this stuff, seeing as how it is classified and all... and you ended up with, what, a whole bolt of this stuff?

The same way some surplus stores have REAL used Cadpat uniforms (I have seen them; old style (first gen), faded, with exposed buttons), someone put it in one of the boxes that was auctioned off)

NL_engineer said:
The same way some surplus stores have REAL used Cadpat uniforms (I have seen them; old style (first gen), faded, with exposed buttons), someone put it in one of the boxes that was auctioned off)

Or you could have someone leave them on a bus between Point A and Point B.  ::) (No, it wasn't me!!)

i purchase the "relish" style cadpat at a little local sewing shop.  Its not REAL, the lady said its like one digit off of real.  Feels the same as DH's uniform, looks quite the same, and its not cheap $17/M.  Ive used it to make a couple "S.O.T." Mei Tai baby carriers for friends, and ourselves, aswell as shoulder belt cushion thingys for the kids.

looks like this...
Picture559.jpg

BinRat55 said:
Hmm... no one else wants to wade in here, so I will. If you are employed by the CF, you are considered to be selling classified material for a personal profit. That is a no-no. If you are not military, how were you able to "personally check the IR reflectivity"?

It happened; trust me on that one.

That being said, you are correct in your observance that Military members are STILL prohibited by law from reselling anything that is considered "controlled" or "classified" - no matter the means they happened to come into its posession. It would still be classified as an offense for them to "resell" it (or even to give it away for "free") to anyone not authorized to posess such.

armywife/cadetmom said:
i purchase the "relish" style cadpat at a little local sewing shop.  Its not REAL, the lady said its like one digit off of real.  Feels the same as DH's uniform, looks quite the same, and its not cheap $17/M.  Ive used it to make a couple "S.O.T." Mei Tai baby carriers for friends, and ourselves, aswell as shoulder belt cushion thingys for the kids.

looks like this...
Picture559.jpg

Oh ... you make baby carriers!!?? I may know someone who'll be needing one of those shortly --- if I were at work, I'd know by now!! Do you take orders?

Back