• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

This used to work well.

pic37.jpg

:giggle:
the FGH brassard with crown over chevrons, was that the precursor to the MCpl rank????

Right.

And another thing - why are Army NCM ranks on DEU placed differently? RCN and RCAF NCMs wear their ranks on shoulders but Army NCMs wear no-hook Pte ranks and metal ranks on their collars.
When the DEU arrived, someone had to keep the old stuff, that’s why. Word was that RCAF didn’t like the pins on the airstrip.

To quote a past US President: Sad!!

The combat sweater was the best piece of gear. I still wear mine (all of them, black and green)
Indeed, 25+ years after I retired and probably 40 years after it was issued I still wear by green, crewneck, wool sweater on a regular basis. The cloth patches prevent holes in the elbows - sadly it's a tiny bit tight around the waist 😢 I guess it shrunk a bit, just there.

That's no longer a thing as of a few months ago.

Boot band makers are probably crying right now :ROFLMAO:

Yes.
Sorry what? We don’t have to blouse out boots in garrison anymore? I have basically been a civvy since 2019 going to medical school

Sorry what? We don’t have to blouse out boots in garrison anymore? I have basically been a civvy since 2019 going to medical school
Correct. Also, HAIRFORGEN, etc.

BLOUSEFORGEN took a bit for folks to catch on, but I see it fairly regularly now.

Contrary to what @PuckChaser says, it may actually be less of a shock bc you've been around "normal society" for the past few years :sneaky:

I go to 17 Wing Gym fairly often and I see many with unbloused boots, beards and long hair. AND it bothers me.

YES I am a T Rex.
It bothers me as much as I don’t really care. I’m pleased however not to have seen purple hairs, yet.

I throw out a question. In the past a soldier in a snappy uniform was a major recruitment point. Is it just not important anymore? I know want I believe just thought get a feel of it from everyone.

Everyone looks not "put together" in all walks of life.

Plus OT in what time frame is the "hoodie" going to be an official order of dress? (You know its coming LOL)
OIP.BVFsLDV0enS82wOFEEF9wAAAAA

I throw out a question. In the past a soldier in a snappy uniform was a major recruitment point. Is it just not important anymore? I know want I believe just thought get a feel of it from everyone.

Plus OT in what time frame is the "hoodie" going to be an official order of dress? (You know its coming LOL)
I know you are joking but there it is part of Canadian Army dress orders: Canadian Army Dress Instructions - Canada.ca

1681320131709.png

That's not a uniform.

As I understand it it's more of a 'badge of honour', and well earned too IMHO. ;)

The Army service dress should go at least some way in making soldiers look smart and, well, military… providing that it is well delivered.

Someone decided it was the appropriate order of dress for the guard at thew Tomb of the Unknown Soldier which suggests, to me, that our current DEUs - shirt and tie, "business suit," and the 175 year old scarlet ceremonial uniforms - battle dress at Balaclava and Rourke's Drift - that some regiments still wear are redundant. The sooner everyone wears cargo pants, golf-shirts, hoodies and balls tops the better. Neckties (and ascots) are an abomination.

Attachments

• garybathtombunknownsoldier2.jpg;w=1200;h=800;mode=crop.jpeg
    garybathtombunknownsoldier2.jpg;w=1200;h=800;mode=crop.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 10
Someone decided it was the appropriate order of dress for the guard at thew Tomb of the Unknown Soldier which suggests, to me, that our current DEUs - shirt and tie, "business suit," and the 175 year old scarlet ceremonial uniforms - battle dress at Balaclava and Rourke's Drift - that some regiments still wear are redundant.
To be fair, that is the Canadian Rangers uniform.

If they are to be represented as sentries (which I think was a great idea), then they either wear what they have, or they get essentially a "ceremonial" uniform...and a ceremonial uniform seems at odds with the role of the Rangers.

Frankly, wearing a hoodie in the 30+ degree heat in Ottawa would suck too.

The Rangers only have the one uniform.

I was on National Sentry Program last year and there were several Rangers with us. A rumour that we heard was that a Ranger ceremonial uniform is in the works.

There were also quite a few disappointed comments from civilians about the Ranger uniform.

Back