• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

Big grey floaty things to small grey flying things... I think I can do that lol

Do they have soup at 10 ?

Seinfeld Soup GIF

Finally, I thank god that the new NCD's are not bloused like the CADPATs.
I finally saw the new NCDs in person today on a course. They look really sharp - I know they're broadly the same as the new CADPAT but they look better fitted.

Since they're fire-retardant, I'm even more convinced that the RCAF should have that in green as the 2-piece flight suit. The only changes I'd make are having a zipper front instead of buttons, and the velcro for aircrew nametag and wings patches.

With Canada having an AF pilot on the Artimus(?) flight to the moon, maybe it's time to change the Air Force to the RC Aerospace Force. Dump the sky blue uniform for a charcoal grey one with silver/platinum insignia. Just don't do any kind of delta like image (like the USSF) in the official RCSF emblem. The wings would have to be redone to look more futuristic/less bird-like. Canada might as well get on board with it as space will likely become more important in the near future. Just a thought.

With Canada having an AF pilot on the Artimus(?) flight to the moon, maybe it's time to change the Air Force to the RC Aerospace Force. Dump the sky blue uniform for a charcoal grey one with silver/platinum insignia. Just don't do any kind of delta like image (like the USSF) in the official RCSF emblem. The wings would have to be redone to look more futuristic/less bird-like. Canada might as well get on board with it as space will likely become more important in the near future. Just a thought.
The French recently changed from the French Air Force to the French Air and Space Force. They didn't change the uniform at all.

I have mentioned in other threads that maybe the RCAF should be the Royal Canadian Aerospace Force, since it already has 3 Canadian Space Division, but that's another thread topic.

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

That awful thing is worse than the furry cap from RMC!

As for the sweater I'd much rather wear something like this;

View attachment 77132
FSTO, are you saying they got rid of the combat sweater in the RCN?

While I didn't like the fact that the one we got after going back in blue had a V-neck insted of crew, it was still the same good sweater as the green one we had before ... and we still wore the RN navy blue one at sea anyway. :)

FSTO, are you saying they got rid of the combat sweater in the RCN?

While I didn't like the fact that the one we got after going back in blue had a V-neck insted of crew, it was still the same good sweater as the green one we had before ... and we still wore the RN navy blue one at sea anyway. :)
What Dimsum said.

Until forced by an external agent or situation - our government and people outside of the CAF, will just hope it goes away. Brutal
Then make it an optional Tier Item for pers posted to the NCR. Open up the No 3 catalogue once you're in that location.

Having spent the majority of my career in the field force, I am either in operational wear for most of my day to day or some iteration of number 1s for ceremonial occasions. That is most of the field force in general. I haven't seen hide nor hair of my 3C Sweater since it was shoved in a duffel bag after BMQ. That was 16 years and a good 60 lbs ago...
good call. Mounties used to issue a brown tunic worn between patrol uniform and red serge.........................to everyone - but to my knowledge moved the allowance (for a navy tunic) to certain NCO positions that need dressing up ie) Media officers, Training academy etc.

With the exception being that the army version has a spot for the DEU nametag and the others do not.
Right.

And another thing - why are Army NCM ranks on DEU placed differently? RCN and RCAF NCMs wear their ranks on shoulders but Army NCMs wear no-hook Pte ranks and metal ranks on their collars.

Hmmm I'm in a solve many problems with one stone mode today.

Ideas ideas.....

So I hear here there are too many orders of dress....some say Operational dress and No1 Ceremonial would work. But NRC dress doesn't work with civilian bureaucrats.

Hmmm the CAF has headquarters bloat too.

So just two orders of dress operational and ceremonial. NRC and headquarters gets only the highest order dress because...office. And there you look better than any civilian. If kilted you look better than that anyone. ;)

Next Monday after that is put in place. Ottawa office are empty and members are all in the "field" or doing operational things. Lol.

Fixed.

Thank you my bill rate is 1/4 of McKinsey

Back