• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

Mounted Infantry charge. (Note the uniforms as this is a service dress forum :D.

The charge of the 4th Australian Light Horse at Beersheba late in the afternoon of 31 October 1917, is remembered as the last great cavalry charge.

Australian Light Horse Charge - The Lighthorsemen

Two Steps from Hell - Victory Charge of the Australian Light Horse, Beersheba

Late to the fight but....

IIRC in the movie (which I have seen multiple times) there was a scene from the night before the charge when the Brits and the Aussies arrived at Beersheba. The Brit Cavalry commander, on hearing that the Aussie Light Horse were going to be charging on to the objective argued that if there was any charging to be done then it should be done by the cavalry who were properly armed for the job with swords.

That is the platform for the ISSP. So you can mount the phone on the chest and has room for the battery and hub.
“Chest space” is back in vogue. Need it for the EUD.
I haven't tried this version so I could be out in left field but it looks like it would restrict your arms/shoulders depending on what's up there. I wouldn't put anything up there beyond the fancy phone and I don't think the phone takes up that much space.

I remember even a little bit of extra space between the original SORD vests against SORD vests circa 2018 having a noticeable difference. I think it changed the load bearing point and messed with load distribution too.

I haven't tried this version so I could be out in left field but it looks like it would restrict your arms/shoulders depending on what's up there. I wouldn't put anything up there beyond the fancy phone and I don't think the phone takes up that much space.

I remember even a little bit of extra space between the original SORD vests against SORD vests circa 2018 having a noticeable difference. I think it changed the load bearing point and messed with load distribution too.
It’s marginal, the frag vest is what will actually restrict you. The phone doesn’t get in the way of me shouldering my rifle or rucking at all really.

It was also at the DGLEPM mess dinner so people were not overly worried about it looking 100% accurate

Any idea why the air force service dress uniform was on display? Change of materials, cut, or just a 'filler' display?

Any idea why the air force service dress uniform was on display? Change of materials, cut, or just a 'filler' display?
Filler from what I can tell. The CAF Reddit machine is full of RCAF folks bemoaning how the Army is getting a better Dress Uniform while the RCAF is stuck with the bus driver uniform.

Filler from what I can tell. The CAF Reddit machine is full of RCAF folks bemoaning how the Army is getting a better Dress Uniform while the RCAF is stuck with the bus driver uniform.
They should take it to RCafe... and also realize they're complaining about a uniform they don't want to wear because it means they are typically on parades they moan about having to do...

The mods there have been diligently deleting posts that say anything negative about the new uniforms or kit.

The mods there have been diligently deleting posts that say anything negative about the new uniforms or kit.

season 3 success GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

Interesting - I don’t see any deleted posts, and I see negative comments…
Mine was removed so I deleted it and I watched a thread complaining about the moderation deleting negative feedback disappear.

Back