• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

Go ahead - make fun of Boomers ... but images like this form part of my memories.

432777330_794803489336704_8881827750531486764_n.jpg

Can you say the same?

And yes - that does give us a leg up when discussing uniforms.

:giggle:
I remember the times, but perhaps its my bad memory, but I remember the we had colour back then and not black and white.

The current salute is not quite naval. The proper naval salute is palm down, but bent at the wrist so the hand, palm facing down, is parallel to the deck.

But, hey! If you want your gunner or crewman who just clean the gun or greased the tank to greet people with a nice open greasy palm, be our guest. ✌️ Out!

With the palm facing forward, and with someone eager to show off their technique, you getting a distinct chopping motion, followed by a slight vibration as the palm reaches the desired point and stops.

Apparently the "Proper way"

DAPA had a some promotional shots of the concept on their ACIMS page...that suddenly disappeared. My guess is that the photos got leakwd and DLR 5 had a fit and told them to lock them down.
I suspect that it was in reaction to the original pictures leaking out... wouldn't happen to know anyone who got a snip in? ;)

Since we have been moving back towards pre-unification uniforms and customs for more than a decade now, when are the Army and the Air Force finally going to go back to the open-hand salute and leave the Navy salute behind?
And bloused trousers everywhere.

:giggle:

Will the NCM ranks be pinned onto the collar or on the slip-ons like RCN and RCAF?
If we are going for traditional, NCMs and NCOs/WOs wore their rank on the sleeve in all orders previously. Collar dogs seem to be a DEUism from everything I have seen. One would think it would be back to that.

With the palm facing forward, and with someone eager to show off their technique, you getting a distinct chopping motion, followed by a slight vibration as the palm reaches the desired point and stops.

Not in Canada except for those dorks who were trying to express their inner anglophilism.

The proper drill was for the hand to come directly up in a straight vertical line from the seam of the trousers to the brim of the cap in one smooth motion.

🍻

NCM rank insignia, Canada badges, trade badges and crossed rifles will be off white
That's also pre-unification.

worstedchevron2.jpg

Note we gunners had to paint our rank badges *that area of the tiny, off-white chevrons) and trade badges pure white. I'm trying to remember whether we used white Blanco for that or something else.

🍻

That's also pre-unification.

worstedchevron2.jpg

Note we gunners had to paint our rank badges *that area of the tiny, off-white chevrons) and trade badges pure white. I'm trying to remember whether we used white Blanco for that or something else.

🍻
That’s cruel and unusual punishment. I love it.

No. No it is not. Very not.

Black boots look a lot better than I though.

Not sure if I missed it but who would be wearing the forge caps?
From what I have read, peaked caps for all in No 1/No 3, berets for No 3B.

I can see the usual caveats for Armoured, Airborne, SOF (supporter) UN/MFO wearing berets. Not sure about MPs (possibly Red cap again?). I can see the Scots/Irish units maintaining their glens/caubeens.

From what I have read, peaked caps for all in No 1/No 3, berets for No 3B.

I can see the usual caveats for Armoured, Airborne, SOF (supporter) UN/MFO wearing berets. Not sure about MPs (possibly Red cap again?). I can see the Scots/Irish units maintaining their glens/caubeens/Tam O'Shanters/ Feather bonnets/ Balmoral Bonnets etc etc.

There, FTFY ;)

Back