• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

You’re shorting the overhead costs, each public servant is closer to averaging $150,000 all-in, as this includes employer costs such as health-care and dental provider and pension employer contributions and departmental overhead/G&A. I’ll look for the reference, but I saw an incremental cost of $15B for the additional 100,000 since Trudeau came to power in late-2015.

Let’s keep this in mind…in the same period that the CAF was losing ~8% existing employees per year, the Federal Public Service ADDED MORE employees 2015-2024, than the entire existing CAF, RegF and PRes (100,000 c.2023 CTV ref). So it seems the Federal Government has no problem at all recruiting Liberal voters public servants when it wants to.

Still thinking about this one.

Budget is up $15 BCAD per year in perpetuity plus inflation....That is 50% of DND's budget and fully enough to put us well over the 2% of GDP.

Plus...

100,000 more civil servants on the payroll. How much budget was each one of those administering? Distributing? Expensing? Spending with fixers?

Is that the one that has a headquarters out of a little cabin along the river? And the company admitted to never doing IT, after being hired repeatedly to do IT?
That's the one...

(Apparently it has 4 employees, not just 2)

I can almost hear the BS from the PM now
"Mr Speaker, its um, important that we look, ah, at every possible scenario, er, or outcome of a committee, that seeks to balance the views, um, of the contract awarding process, to be absolutely sure, umm, that seeks truth in, er, what transpired with the Arrive Can App, to be for keeping Canadians safe and um, secure from all the hate, climate dangers and er, covid and ensure that Canadians are now and always protected from the likes of Harper, I mean Trump, oops, I meant Poilievre, now and forever!"
(cue Liberal automatic clapping)

Meanwhile JT is running around the country handing out money like it grows on trees. Bribery.
To add, handing out money collected from taxpayers. It's our money, not the governments who just have control of the funds.

What people don't realize is that public servants are a net drain on the treasury. Given that the average tax rate is 30%, it's going to take 3 equivalently paid taxpayers to fund each one.

"Mr Speaker, its um, important that we look, ah, at every possible scenario, er, or outcome of a committee, that seeks to balance the views, um, of the contract awarding process, to be absolutely sure, umm, that seeks truth in, er, what transpired with the Arrive Can App, to be for keeping Canadians safe and um, secure from all the hate, climate dangers and er, covid and ensure that Canadians are now and always protected from the likes of Harper, I mean Trump, oops, I meant Poilievre, now and forever!"
You forgot to mention guns.

I've heard literally hundreds of stories of Border Services Officers (BSO) doing the ArriveCan app with or for the traveller because it was either not working for them or they couldn't figure it out. What a fantastic use of a BSO's time.

These umms and ahhhs still come out as he's reading from his script.

With the LPC seals clapping behind him.

well done applause GIF by ARTE

ok everyone has to stop picking on the increase to the public service. In fact I think I will encourage more increase, pay hikes, benefits, vacation time, flex scheduling (employee controlled), wfh with government provided equipment including desks, etc.

Now to get my resume done for my new job.

Even before I left in 2019, managers in the PS were shaking their heads and wondering where all the money for all these personal increase was going to come from. Just had lunch with my old manager, our program in the Pacific region has grown from 13 to 21. He is not looking forward to the "Work Force Adjustment" that will happen when the CPC gets in as he will be the one handing out the pink slips. Hopefully they do a better job this time around then they did the last time and let the regional mangers figure who and where to cut to meet the goals instead of Ottawa pulling the plan out of their butt.

Last edited:
Hopefully they do a better job this time around then they did the last time and let the regional mangers figure who and where to cut to meet the goals instead of Ottawa pulling the plan out of their butt.

But that’s standard operating procedure! Pull a random number out of your arse and institute a blanket cut from on high that has no bearing on the actual needs on the ground.

When a government undertakes a thoughtful budget cut on its departments staffing will be the first time.

But that’s standard operating procedure! Pull a random number out of your arse and institute a blanket cut from on high that has no bearing on the actual needs on the ground.

When a government undertakes a thoughtful budget cut on its departments staffing will be the first time.

As opposed to pulling a random number out of your arse and instituting a blanket staff increase from on high that has no bearing on the actual needs on the ground?

Even before I left in 2019, managers in the PS were shaking their heads and wondering where all the money for all these personal increase was going to come from. Just had lunch with my old manager, our program in the Pacific region has grown from 13 to 21. He is not looking forward to the "Work Force Adjustment" that will happen when the CPC gets in as he will be the one handing out the pink slips. Hopefully they do a better job this time around then they did the last time and let the regional mangers figure who and where to cut to meet the goals instead of Ottawa pulling the plan out of their butt.
Workforce adjustments will happen under whoever gets in.

Most of the people I know are tracking that. The question is who will be able to do it better. Agreed with you that it better be a bit more sophisticated than last time…

Workforce adjustments will happen under whoever gets in.

Most of the people I know are tracking that. The question is who will be able to do it better. Agreed with you that it better be a bit more sophisticated than last time…

As a concerned taxpayer I would be bothered that the studies and evaluations would be dragged out until the next election and the ratchet wins again.

Back