• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

If you say so.

Look pal, you have nothing to prove to me. If that's what you think good on you.

Not at all. I thought we were discussing something interesting.

Don’t take it personally because nothing personal was inferred. Nor was anything personal said. I went back to read what I wrote just in case and I don’t see anything that went outside of the facts that were presented and my commentary on them.

I guess I misunderstood that you posting something here as an indicator of discussion. My bad. I should have known better then.

Not at all. I thought we were discussing something interesting.

Don’t take it personally because nothing personal was inferred. Nor was anything personal said. I went back to read what I wrote just in case and I don’t see anything that went outside of the facts that were presented and my commentary on them.

I guess I misunderstood that you posting something here as an indicator of discussion. My bad. I should have known better then.

I have no idea what you insist that I must agree with you.

I'm just happy you seem to joining the PP train. Welcome, we have cookies.

I have no idea what you insist that I must agree with you

I can honestly care less if you agree with me. I just like good discussion. However I am happy to see you excited about polling data. Welcome, we also have cookies.
I'm just happy you seem to joining the PP train. Welcome, we have cookies.
Not even close yet. But he is taking a better direction in his approach. We’ll see if it’s kept up.

I’ll still take the cookie though.

Sun newspaper: Trudeau got a bump on his head playing with his kid on the weekend.

On Saturday he flew to PEI to attend a Gay Pride Parade (in is tight white pants).

Sunday Trudeau's agenda was Private.

This line from today's Daily Telegraph.

individual freedom versus any collective responsibility.

Strikes me as one of the seminal dividing lines in the political universe.

The UK has gone into a bit of a tizzy because Labour lost Boris Johnson's seat. They felt they had an open net in a posh lefty riding in London that somehow both hated Johnson and kept electing him. Anyway the loss had been blamed on Sadiq Khan's ever expanding Exclusion Zone which charges any car entering London 12.95 UKP a trip. Commuters are not impressed.

What has happened though is that both the Tories and Labour agree that consumers are revolting and something must be done. Ultimately that means that the Tories, who initiated much of this greenness, are now rowing backwards as fast as possible. They are suddenly fans of motorists, opposed to traffic-calming/road-rage zones, postponing the introduction of electric vehicles (not selling fast enough because no one can afford them), contemplating joining Germany and France in rethinking Net Zero, approving new gas drilling licenses all over the place, shutting down the HS2 rail link to the North and allowing people to keep their gas boilers instead of forcing them to switch to electric heat pumps.

The Heat Pumps issue is particularly fraught. The chairman of the leading heat pump supplier said they don't work. Especially in Scotland - too cold and damp. He also said they are ugly and noisy which many Planning Committees are agreeing with.

The Tories fortunes are rising.

This has got those invested in Greenery perturbed. Both those that are actually financially invested in Greenery, like Ambrose Evans Pritchard who has been selling electrification for 15 years, and those that are emotionally invested, like the author of the article in which the opening line was found, Suzanne Moore.

Which brings me back to the dividing line. The collective mind of the urban hive vs the individual. Those that contemplate the old Outward Bound experience of spending a single night alone in the woods with horror and those that find that to be soothing, a prospect of paradise and certainly not a challenge.

And where does the car fit into all of this....

Meatloaf...

Paradise by the Dashboard light.

The 57 Chevy granted teenagers freedom, a safe space on wheels that they could take with them anywhere. It also permitted their parents to escape the Hive and move where their fists weren't at risk of accidentally bumping into their neighbour's noses. Those cars with their 500 km ranges epitomize the freedom of the individual.

Plugging into the Grid every 150 km, like a toaster, is a constant reminder that you can't escape the Hive.

Some people thrive in the Hive. Good on them. There is lots of room in Canada for Hives. The ones we have only occupy 0.1% of the landmass. There is room for plenty more. If you like that kind of thing and are willing to pay for it.

For the rest of us. Freedom to roam. Even if we don't exercise it every day. Jeeps, Harleys, Boats, Skidoos and ATVs. Their sales all reflect that need to know their is a way out.

Looks like JT is going through a separation now

I feel like this hurts, and therefor sewers his re-election chances.

Or! This is a genius move!

They announced it's not a divorce, just a separation, right? So, Trudeau steps down as leader because of family issues. This allows the LPC to replace him without seeming weak and hurting the party overall. They win the next election because all those swing voters who voted LPC in the past but were sick of Trudeau now vote for the LPC under the new leadership. Election over, Sophie and Trudeau announce they have recnciled and the separation is over.

GENIUS.

It's not a divorce, just a separation. Trudeau steps down as leader because of family issues. This allows the LPC to replace him without seeming weak and hurting the party overall. They win the next election because all those swing voters who voted LPC in the past but were sick of Trudeau now vote for the LPC under the new leadership. Election over, Sophie and Trudeau announce they have recnciled and the separation is over.

GENIUS.

I wouldn’t rule that possibility out.

They announced it's not a divorce, just a separation, right? So, Trudeau steps down as leader because of family issues. This allows the LPC to replace him without seeming weak and hurting the party overall. They win the next election because all those swing voters who voted LPC in the past but were sick of Trudeau now vote for the LPC under the new leadership. Election over, Sophie and Trudeau announce they have recnciled and the separation is over.

GENIUS.

That is some next level politics.

Regardless of his politics or his qualities as a human being, I'm sorry to hear this for the sake of the former Mrs. Trudeau and their kids.

Something tells me the pressures of political office might not have been in the brochure when the marriage started, and that in and of itself is strain enough. Add the scandals and being under the microscope 24/7....

In our heart of hearts, we all know what's next.

Rolling Stones Ims GIF by Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Last edited:
Back