• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Transformers

Don't think the mountain dew bot (or the Xbox, or Caddy) were decepticons per se, they were like the nokia bot, they had no allegiance they were just born "evil".  I think Megatron will be back somehow (Unicron, reincarnating him maybe??? :D).  I don't get hung up on the names of the characters and if they change them for the movie (ie frenzy=soundwave).  Can't wait for part 2.

Hatchet Man said:
Don't think the mountain dew bot (or the Xbox, or Caddy) were decepticons per se, they were like the nokia bot, they had no allegiance they were just born "evil". 

Your right. I stand corrected.

So the husband and i finally saw the movie and we loved it, but they should put a disclaimer at the begining-Warning this movie may make your husband talk non stop about 1)The fact that it would be cool if our car was a transformer, and maybe it is and we just don't know it 2)How he wants to be a transformer and all the wonderful things he would do if he was a transformer. I guess they never grow up ha!ha! >:D

Nfld Sapper said:
VW wanted 10 grand for the rights to the Bug so the producers decided to change him abit

Surely the copious product placement in the film could have payed for this? Maybe a cash payment direct from the sponsors straight to Vee Dub. Cut out the middleman.

Besides that, top movie.

Shadowolf said:
Hope they bring in the dinobots.   Shadowolf likes Grimlock!

BEST GRIMLOCK VOICE: "ME GRIMLOCK No LIKE Shadowolf!"   ;D

LOL...

Anyways, screw the dinobots, bring in one of those teams of vehicles that unite to become larger robots, such as the Stunticons, the Constructions or even the Aerialbots!

Oh well...I've just called myself out as another geek!  :-X

CougarShark said:
BEST GRIMLOCK VOICE: "ME GRIMLOCK No LIKE Shadowolf!"   ;D

LOL...

Anyways, screw the dinobots, bring in one of those teams of vehicles that unite to become larger robots, such as the Stunticons, the Constructions or even the Aerialbots!

Oh well...I've just called myself out as another geek!  :-X
The Combaticons...Devastator. (The presence of a leopard 1 in the set helps of course)

A litttle more Dinobot fun for Shadow Wolf and other Transformers fans, LOL.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtGdfulu5KI&mode=related&search=

My kids watched that movie today on RogersOnDemand. They liked the idea of Transformers...but apparently the animation and soundtrack was not up to their level of standard. LOL

I'm gearing them up for seeing the movie when their Dad gets home from the sandbox.

Agreed as well, I am still going to see GI Joe, but the trailer was definately lacking.  On the plus side, Transformers 2, will feature the constructicons (they were featured quite heavily in the trailer, like it was hard to miss).

SFB said:
Forget the car, how do I get Megan Fox?
No kidding...  :nod:

Transformers was rad one of the better movies I have seen...I used to dog those toys all the time in my youth..

I still think the Transformers 86 theme, is the best theme song ever written..

Sorry to necropost yet another barely active thread, but I just saw the "Transformers 2" movie today.

As usual the plot was a bit contrived, though I didn't expect Optimus Prime to be resurrected so quickly, unlike in the cartoon series.

That Decepticon who could turn into a hot human chick was a shock, though the battle scenes were good, IMO, if a little bit chaotic. And the eye candy showing the whole array of US military hardware from F16s to M1 Abrams tanks to a B1 Lancer being used in the movie makes this seem like another US military recruiting commercial, much like certain similar scenes from the 1st movie. hehehehe. 

And Hollywood's constant obsession with destroying US aircraft carriers like the USS Theodore Roosevelt comes up again this movie as well as in the upcoming "2012" movie .   

I saw Transformers 2 today with my kids. It wasn't bad but it wasn't as good as the first one to me. Lots of good storyline on the human end.. not enough on the robot end. Lots of action but too many robots too focus on in this one I think. Some of the characters were great (ie. The Twins, and Jetfire) and added quite a lot of comic relief.

Transformers 3 is slated for a July 1st 2011 release, no word on if Michael Bay, Shia or Megan Fox will return.

A pretty funny review of Transformers 2:
http://io9.com/5301898/michael-bay-finally-made-an-art-movie

Personally, the movie was a good eye-candy, three or four good laughs, but nothing else. I can't believe $200 millions were spent creating a movie this... empty...
And Shia Labeouf is the new Keenu Reave.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
I can't believe its on the net already....

You'd be surprised.  These movie pirates are quite resourceful.

When I watched premiere of the 2nd Matrix movie in Beijing back in 2003, pirated DVDs or VCDs of the same movie were on the street about an hour or two right after we walked out of the movie theater.  :eek:

Back