• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Transformers

Saw it a couple of days ago, i wasnt overly into the show so i didnt expect much. But...IT WAS WICKED! It was bloody unreal, "I am Uptimus Prime", i felt like getting up and clapping.
One of the best movies i've seen in a while.

My boys and I enjoyed our private screening (just the three of us in an otherwise empty theatre) thoroughly - and I was never a fan of any of those Japanese programmes.

F117s are also completely retired as well, but they're such a recognizable symbol regardless.

I thought that all of the military depictions were above-average for Hollywood, and they especially surprised me considering that this is a kids' movie.

Flying through built-up areas was, of course, a hokey exception and somebody really needs to teach actors how to wear berets.

"I am Uptimus Prime"

allhail.gif

I enjoyed it but I still felt it was lacking a little something. I would have liked to have seen more interaction and trash talking between the Autobots and the Decepticons. And there was no where near enough of StarScream in the movie...just a couple of flybys. He is by far the best Decepticon and should have gotten more "air time".

Though the Camero was a nice car...Bumble Bee as I remember him was a VW Bug was he not? I was dissapointed in that detail as well.

I think hope they set it up for a sequel.

"Transformers, more than meets the eye!"

I will be seeing this one again though, gonna take the kiddos to it if it is still playing when the hubster gets home from the sandbox.

CdnArtyWife said:
Though the Camero was a nice car...Bumble Bee as I remember him was a VW Bug was he not? I was dissapointed in that detail as well.

VW wanted 10 grand for the rights to the Bug so the producers decided to change him abit

Nfld Sapper said:
VW wanted 10 grand for the rights to the Bug so the producers decided to change him abit

Didn't they spend $150m on the movie? I wouldn't think 10K would be busting the bank in that case.

Also for Starscream, did anyone else miss his shrill, high-pitched voice? That was what I associated the most with Starscream.

TN2IC said:
          "I am Uptimus Prime"

allhail.gif

:eek:  its OPTIMUS, not UPTIMUS, and after having seen it for the third time last night, he never says "I am Optimus Prime",  he says (after questioning sam on his geneology) "My name is Optimus Prime". 

its OPTIMUS, not UPTIMUS, and after having seen it for the third time last night, he never says "I am Optimus Prime",  he says (after questioning sam on his geneology) "My name is Optimus Prime". 

Doesn't change the fact that I want Optimus Prime to have my babies :rofl:

something else i picked up on and it strangely botherd me. when the Captain i think his rank was rides that crotch rocket towards the double turreted (also another problem) M1A2 tank. when he starts sliding on his back at least 100-120km/h to be ably to slide that far. when he gets up you'll notice every thing on his back including his camel back is still in tip top shape. if that were to happen that camel back would be toast and the worst road rash ever seen.

:cheers:

I loved the entire movie... but what I loved MOST was the Mountain Dew Decepticon! Voila! Have a Mountain Dew of Death autobots! muahahahahahaha you gotta admit the little guy was hilarious!

"Transvestites. More then meets the eye
Transvestites. Careful, thats a guy!"

The berets are always that bad in movies. Someone just has to say "Look fellers, its easy, at least stick it in some water and wear it around for 30 minutes, that way it wont look your wearing a muffin on your head."

Still a wicked cool movie though

I liked: the special effects and the fighting scenes,
        all the transformers are F***** well made, too bad they have to cut the scenes short sometimes(budget).

I disliked:
  • trying to(not too subtly) link a hot girl and a hot car(totally absurd).
  • The final cut, at the end well i got confused at some point, about which transformer was doing what, which was dead.
  • The whole movie felt like a big GM car add
  • they didnt stick to the story as much as i would have liked, im not going to give too much details... and i think megatron comes too late into the storyplot

MedTech said:
I loved the entire movie... but what I loved MOST was the Mountain Dew Decepticon! Voila! Have a Mountain Dew of Death autobots! muahahahahahaha you gotta admit the little guy was hilarious!

If you look closely you can see that his grenade launcher is fitted to fire shaken cans of DEW. I found this hilarious.
Freeze Autobots, or I'll DEW you in!

i'm a bit of a transformer nerd, but i really loved the movie. Bumblebee is my favourite character, and when i first saw the movie version of him, i was disgusted, but i'm use to it now. i like camaros so it turned out alright.

i don't like how the tank "devastator"(he really is named brawl, movie mistake) is twin turreted. Also the 80's toy of him was a leopard tank and i think the movie used an abrams. There already working on ideas for the next transformers. sam, the boy is signed on until the 3rd movie comes out and there might be as many as 5 movies altogether!!!  So i can't wait :)

As much as five movie. I'm also a huge transformers fan, and that seems odd. Why did they kill of Megatron so quickly. If new enemys come into play, that will ruin my childhood days of the Autobots vs the Decepticons.

Also the little CD-player bot was origionally a cassette tape. But I guess the movie had adhere to the times.

as long as Mountain Dewbot comes back and fights again I'll be happy  ;D

Oh OH! Maybe they'll create an entire serious of junkfood fighting each other for dominance!  8) I call copyrights!

Freeze said:
As much as five movie. I'm also a huge transformers fan, and that seems odd. Why did they kill of Megatron so quickly. If new enemys come into play, that will ruin my childhood days of the Autobots vs the Decepticons.

Also the little CD-player bot was origionally a cassette tape. But I guess the movie had adhere to the times.

not spoiling anything, but with 4 movies to go, megatron will be back. for the 2nd movie its starscreams time to shine :)

MedTech said:
as long as Mountain Dewbot comes back and fights again I'll be happy  ;D

Oh OH! Maybe they'll create an entire serious of junkfood fighting each other for dominance!  8) I call copyrights!

Autobots will take water bottle dispensing machines, and the decepticons will take the Junk food vending machines.
"take that decepticons," fires a bottle of Desani. "Eat that Autobots," lays down some suppressive fire of beef jerky and milky way bars.

Freeze said:
Autobots will take water bottle dispensing machines, and the decepticons will take the Junk food vending machines.
"take that decepticons," fires a bottle of Desani. "Eat that Autobots," lays down some suppressive fire of beef jerky and milky way bars.

muahahahaha Vegibots and Junkfoodcons

'Vegetables, more then meets the eye'
'Hamburgers, eat them and you'll die'

MUAHAHAHAHAHA -copy rights  ;D

Back