• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Therapeutic Cannabis use

Technoviking said:
Fair enough.  I just mean off hours, or whatever.  In other words, you can't be under the influence, etc.

I'm just talking about sitting down on a saturday night, day 1 of leave, smoking a big fatty by the fire pit ;D
Then maybe a smaller one on Sunday morning for the hangover........and what the hell, another
one Sunday night.......oh well...I'm on leave......it's only Monday.....might as well dig in. Etc Etc.
That's where the problem is.......use and abuse is a very thin line. Just like alcohol......You never know when the cucumber becomes a pickle ;D 

57Chevy said:
You never know when the cucumber becomes a pickle ;D
If you see the cucumber become a pickle, then you've smoked too much weed ;D

You apparently didn't as you stated "or as I call them heroin"...they may come from the same pretty flowers but are FAR from the same thing.  Call me literal or pendantic, I don't care, it sounded pretty ignorant in both the literal sense as well as the colloquial one.

MM

I'm listening to the medicineman on that last one.
In any case, a guy must have to be very well disciplined to abide in the dosage amts regarding
the pot thing. If you are allowed so many grams a day.......what does that mean?.....do you smoke it all at once?. Roll up 10 pins or 2 bombs or what? And then there is the rest of stock.
I think it would be too easy to over smoke so to speak the recommended dosage amt. And
ultimetly using more and more all the time......leading to worse consequences. Perhaps.

57Chevy said:
In any case, a guy must have to be very well disciplined to abide in the dosage amts regarding
the pot thing. If you are allowed so many grams a day.......what does that mean?.....do you smoke it all at once?. Roll up 10 pins or 2 bombs or what? And then there is the rest of stock.
I think it would be too easy to over smoke so to speak the recommended dosage amt. And
ultimetly using more and more all the time......leading to worse consequences. Perhaps.

I would think, if it is by prescription, that information would be on the packaging. The pharmacist would explain it, and ask if you understand. Then answer any questions you may have before handing it over.
From time to time, you would have to re-visit the M.D. who prescribed you for renewals. The M.D. may not renew if s/he has reason to believe the patient is not taking their medication as prescribed.
I think, the same would apply to any medication.

There is some information regarding marijuana toxicity here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_cannabis#Toxicity
and here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol#Toxicity

Canadian Pharmacists Association:
"Position Statement on Medical Marijuana":
http://www.pharmacists.ca/content/about_cpha/who_we_are/policy_position/pdf/MedicalMarijuanaStatement-Final.pdf

Toronto. Apr/2010:
"Nine people are facing drug charges after police raided a Queen St. compassion club that sells medical marijuana to patients suffering from chronic diseases, including HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.":
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/789660

Youtube: "The highlights of the CALM raid on March 31st 2010. Watch from all perspectives as the Toronto Police Service force their way into Toronto's oldest and largest medical cannabis club.":
http://www.youtube.com/user/calmtoronto

57 I hear you...I wonder how the prescriptions are actually written and dispensed - is the weed in pre-rolls, loose leaf like tea, and are there Brand names like Government Gold or BC Bud or is it generic Marijuana.  Sample Rx to read:  (1) BC Bud  Inhale 1 x 10g u roll over an hour up tp 3 times daily as required.  Dispense 30 x Dime bags up to every 10 days, refills not to exceed 6 times in next 60 days.  (2)  Steak and Lobster  Ingest 8oz of each with a baked potato after each BC Bud as required....

MM

medicineman said:
(2)  Steak and Lobster  Ingest 8oz of each with a baked potato 2L chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and video games followed by wearing headphones and listening to acoustic guitar with your eyes closed after each BC Bud as required....

Sorry, slight edit.

I'll be back......you guys made me hungry :D :D :D
And what happens when you run out? Well it's so easily available almost anywhere.
Which leads to promiscuity. Others find out about your legal pot use, and you get the mushroom effect.

Technoviking said:
If it's legal, then that's that.

It's legal to have sideburns and a goatee isn't it? But not in the CF. Piercings?

I think if when pot becomes legal and treated much the same as alcohol, the CF will (and wisely so IMO) delay in allowing it's members to take part in recreational use until it becomes more widely accepted by society (in reality, when it finally gets legalized, it will be by a very slim margin, but after a few years it will probably no longer be a hot topic).

Now, if it is legal, I agree with you, there's be nothing wrong with lighting up by the fire on Friday or Saturday night. I'm not sure CF members would be able to do that the day it was legalized though.

I saw an article today that an ex PPCLI soldier with PTSD who smokes pot heavily is running for mayor of Kingston. 

Edit: Found it.  WRT Copywright laws the entire article from the Ottawa Sun is located here:
http://www.evri.com/media/article;jsessionid=9wsl2lmwuyx0?title=Pot-smoking+vet+runs+for+mayor&page=http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/ottsun/100509/canada/pot_smoking_vet_runs_for_mayor&referring_uri=/organization/ppcli-0x390012;jsessionid%3D9wsl2lmwuyx0&referring_title=Evri

Pot-smoking vet runs for mayor
By IAN ELLIOT, QMI AGENCY
Last Updated: May 9, 2010 10:04pm

KINGSTON — A man who describes himself as a pot-smoking veteran with post-traumatic stress disorder who hates to leave his house is running for mayor in Kingston.

Greg Soucie says he’s a former member of the Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry who served in the former Yugoslavia, where he claims to have prevented “a blood bath … in Serb-held Croatia in 1993 between Canadian troops and Serb farmers.”

Lots more of the article on link above.

Petamocto said:
I saw an article today that an ex PPCLI soldier with PTSD who smokes pot heavily is running for mayor of Kingston.

See!!......He has lost his mind :nod: ;D ;D

No....but seriously. The pharmacist gives you a bag of pot that is supposed to last for so many
days. If it so happens that you run out....for one reason or another.....What do you do?
Having the necessary papers in your pocket, you could easily go out there and procure your own from the street dealers.
So I think there should be some tight control over the daily dose situation, like having it delivered to your home by the pharmacy delivery man on a daily basis. Eliminating that special paper in your pocket. Except for certain occasions that could arise. It just seems better overall to use the more traditional medications and other pain management solutions, like some members have suggested.

57Chevy said:
No....but seriously. The pharmacist gives you a bag of pot that is supposed to last for so many
days. If it so happens that you run out....for one reason or another.....What do you do?
Having the necessary papers in your pocket, you could easily go out there and procure your own from the street dealers.
So I think there should be some tight control over the daily dose situation, like having it delivered to your home by the pharmacy delivery man on a daily basis. Eliminating that special paper in your pocket. Except for certain occasions that could arise. It just seems better overall to use the more traditional medications and other pain management solutions, like some members have suggested.

Apply your reasoning to any other drug, prescribed and legal, that can become addictive.

If you are using the drug to better yourself, self control must be used.  Monitoring by your doctor.  Marijuana is not the Magic drug that will turn people into drug fiends overnight.  There are drugs, much more potent, being given to people, serving and not, that are not vilified as much as MJ.

dileas

tess

Well, if I was given the choice between a hit of a joint three times daily as required for pain, or an equal amount of Demerol,  I'll take the big D every time... I like him, and he likes me.

Kat Stevens said:
...Demerol...

When my pregnant wife's appendix ruptured, Dr Onatchi in Pembroke gave her Demerol.

A few months later when she delivered in Ottawa they asked her what sort of pain medication in the past had worked before.  She told them Demerol worked great a few months before and they couldn't believe he gave it to her because it apparently causes still births and it all seemed to be universal knowledge to them.

It was the first time in my life I wanted to murder someone (didn't act on it, thank god the Minority Report red ball thing does't exist).

I gave birth to some deformed things when I was on Demerol, but no miscarriages.  Bottom line, my back hurt like hell without it, felt good with it.

Kat Stevens said:
I gave birth to some deformed things when I was on Demerol, but no miscarriages.  Bottom line, my back hurt like hell without it, felt good with it.
Too much info!

Oh, I wish fatties were legal for recreational use.  I could use one after that mental image!

Technoviking said:
Too much info!

Oh, I wish fatties were legal for recreational use.  I could use one after that mental image!

Don't Bogart that Fattie, Viking, I need a haul on it too after that image....

dileas

tess

Petamocto said:

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSoucman#p/u/3/ZOvtKbPxQEo

Back