• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Vancouver Canucks Rule Thread! ha ha

I saw the green guys posing for photos with other fans in one of the panoramic shots outside GM Place (or whatever it is now) before the game.

According to a couple of articles I found when I typed in "Vancouver green men" to Google, they are recent journalism graduates and have season tickets paid for by a roofing company they used to work for. They pay out of pocket for playoff tickets and do not attend all games, which might explain how the pierced one got her five seconds of fame/infamy.

I think the Green Men are refreshing and funny as hell. The one with the boobs is entertaining in other ways

Hammer Sandwich said:
Ugh.....seriously?!

Mustache up, boys!

Canada's rootin for ya!
:salute:
Maybe we are, but it seems the CBC thinks the Canucks are the NHL version of the Harper Government. The announcers have little love for Luongo or the Sedins. Just my :2c:

The refs in the Van/SJ game were terrible. Perhaps smoking big bowls of hash between periods or something. Over a period worth of powerplays. Brutal.

Jim Seggie said:
Maybe we are, but it seems the CBC thinks the Canucks are the NHL version of the Harper Government. The announcers have little love for Luongo or the Sedins. Just my :2c:

I actually completely agree with you! However all three are under-achieving (The twins are both like -7!!!?????). I also believe CBC is completely biased towards the Canucks, defending Burrows (the dirtiest player I have seen this playoffs) at every opportunity they have! Then again people let themselves see what they want to see.. maybe I am just seeing this and missing other things.

- Mike

canada94 said:
I actually completely agree with you! However all three are under-achieving (The twins are both like -7!!!?????). I also believe CBC is completely biased towards the Canucks, defending Burrows (the dirtiest player I have seen this playoffs) at every opportunity they have! Then again people let themselves see what they want to see.. maybe I am just seeing this and missing other things.

- Mike

Burrows has a grand total of 6 PIM in the playoffs this year. In the past, the criticism was warranted, but I think you are letting previous playoff performances and the Ron MacLean Bias effect your judgement here. He is not a dirty player at all, let alone the dirtiest in the playoffs. Downie, Eager and McInnis are vying for that title this year, IMHO.

The Sedins are in fact -6, but Henrik is leading the league in playoff points (19), and assist (17). Daniel is leading in playoff power play goals (5) and is one behind the leader in total goals ( 8 ). This is rather remarkable as in the first two series, they were paired against the best 2 defence pairings in the league (Keith/Seabrook & then Weber/Suter).

I read in the comments for a video of Ballard's hipcheck on McGinn...apparently he was "Tragically Hipped."  It made my afternoon during the game and my morning after watching the replay.  I never wish injury upon a player, but I wouldn't have shed a tear if he had gotten up a little worse for wear.  He was coming at yet another Canucks defenceman with a little bit of an elbow out(in my completely biased opinion, at least) and a full head of steam, but it was McGinn that got embarrassed.

On a brighter note we're one win away from the big show.  Love 'em or hate 'em, the Canucks are getting close.

Possibly for the 'Dumbest Thing You've Heard Said Today' thread, taken from Facebook comments:  "Canucks-Bruins in the Final.  Bruins for the sweep, because Vancouver's not skilled enough."  :facepalm:

Brutus said:
Burrows has a grand total of 6 PIM in the playoffs this year. In the past, the criticism was warranted, but I think you are letting previous playoff performances and the Ron MacLean Bias effect your judgement here. He is not a dirty player at all, let alone the dirtiest in the playoffs. Downie, Eager and McInnis are vying for that title this year, IMHO.

The Sedins are in fact -6, but Henrik is leading the league in playoff points (19), and assist (17). Daniel is leading in playoff power play goals (5) and is one behind the leader in total goals ( 8 ). This is rather remarkable as in the first two series, they were paired against the best 2 defence pairings in the league (Keith/Seabrook & then Weber/Suter).

Completely disagree! I played minor hockey this year.. when my team was in the playoffs our best player lead the entire league in the first round with the most points.. BUT was still a -4. You can score 600 goals if your on for 601 your not playing to your full potential.

The fact that Burrow's has 6 min of penalties further enrages me as every shift I see the idiot do something that should entitle a penalty. The "paring" argument doesn't settle with me as they are the home team most of the time.. also they have so many points because they have played so many games! The east last 2 rounds were sweeps!! The nucks have gone to seven the last two series.

That being said its all sport :) and to be honest a Canadian team winning the cup would actually be nice to see.. (And I am a Minnesota Wild fan.. I hate the nucks)

- Mike

WOOOOOO!!!

Bring on the cup!!!

[quote author=canada94]  (And I am a Minnesota Wild fan....)

[/quote]

:facepalm:
...... You're broken....

That was the weirdest goal I've seen in some time, but I'll take it.  I don't think the Canucks mind it either.

Now, where does one procure a Stanley Cup Final patch for his Kesler jersey?  >:D

Confounded PAT said:
That was the weirdest goal I've seen in some time, but I'll take it. 

You didn't see the game tying goal at the Memorial cup today, eh? Off the guy's helmet with 15 seconds left in the third. Something else!

And good game to the Canucks...

It is my opinion that Bieksa is secretly a wizard and Luongo is the son of a Greek God. On that note, here are some humorous images.

2s6kpb7.jpg

2nao12p.jpg

canada94 said:
Completely disagree! I played minor hockey this year.. when my team was in the playoffs our best player lead the entire league in the first round with the most points.. BUT was still a -4. You can score 600 goals if your on for 601 your not playing to your full potential.

The fact that Burrow's has 6 min of penalties further enrages me as every shift I see the idiot do something that should entitle a penalty. The "paring" argument doesn't settle with me as they are the home team most of the time.. also they have so many points because they have played so many games! The east last 2 rounds were sweeps!! The nucks have gone to seven the last two series.

That being said its all sport :) and to be honest a Canadian team winning the cup would actually be nice to see.. (And I am a Minnesota Wild fan.. I hate the nucks)

- Mike

No team gets by Chicago, Nashville, and San Jose without their top centre playing well. Henrik is also being talked about in the media as a Conn Smythe candidate. Now, you can argue whether he is the front runner, but it would be tough to argue that all of the multiple media guys saying this are not only wrong, but that Henrik is a liability.

Burrows has a reputation as a diver and an unsportsmanlike player so he doesn't get any breaks from the officials. There's not a chance he's playing dirty and only getting 6 minutes in penalties over 18 games. Both him and Kesler had a meeting with the GM and Coach last summer, and they were told in no uncertain terms that they need to play 'whistle to whistle' and to stop the yapping and unsportsmanlike play. This is well documented in the Vancouver media. Your opinion of him, in MY humble opinion, is likely a result of his past play, not his current play.

Both Boston and TB have played 16 games, 2 less than Vancouver so far (but are scheduled to play the 17th). Henrik has 21 points over 18 games, or 1.16 pts/game. The next highest total for a non-Canuck player currently playing is Martin St. Louis/Vincent Lecavalier at 17 points over 16 games, or 1.06 pts/game each. Btw, St. Louis is -8, Henrik is now -4. Plus, the Lightning have played the defensively pourous Capitals and the injury depleted Pens. Henrik has had a MUCH tougher trip to the Finals than either of those other 2 players. His performance is remarkable.

It's always nice to see when people do their homework on stats and come in and own someone who did not.

Back