• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Recruitment Process --- Question

Underground_Man

Inactive
Reaction score
I am trying to narrow my interests in regards to a trade selection with the forces but am swamped with far too many alluring options. So far I have only been able to reduce the choices to the Army or the Navy but nothing more specific than that.

My questions:

A) Can I enroll in the military without having a specific trade path figured out ?

B) Does the military play a roll in deciding what position a person should be assigned to ? ( will basic training help determine what a person should do ?)

Underground_Man said:
I am trying to narrow my interests in regards to a trade selection with the forces but am swamped with far too many alluring options. So far I have only been able to reduce the choices to the Army or the Navy but nothing more specific than that.

My questions:

A) Can I enroll in the military without having a specific trade path figured out ?

B) Does the military play a roll in deciding what position a person should be assigned to ? ( will basic training help determine what a person should do ?)

A) no.

B) you have to do a CFAT which is an aptitude test that determines what trades you are suitable for. Basic training only begins once you already have your trade picked.

Do more research on the life of people in the navy and those in the military, as there are big differences. Then do research on the trades that 'allure' you. As with anything in life, you do not want to jump into it without a good idea of what you'll be doing.

When I was trying to narrow down my choices I dug through these forums for trade-specific posts to get a feel for things. Especially for some trades there's not much, but it is helpful if you're looking for more info than forces.ca provides.

Check Forces.ca
They have videos for each trade.

Back