• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Paul Champagne DND Fraud Superthread

http://www.Canada.com//news/observer/story.html?id=0b36f075-4feb-41ef-9a08-58534e7077d7

:-[ Paul Champagne knew he was loosing this battle and agreed to settle matters out of court with Hewlett Packard. From what I've heard, he gave HP his house in Dunrobin in November 2005 and HP is still deciding what to do with the property. His Turks and Cacois mansion (the Summitt) is still for sale at $7.7M.

The Champagnes have moved to a house in a different subdivision the same area as Dunrobin. The new house is less than 1/4 the size of their mansion and they mortgaged it. This house is located just east of Carp and the address from www.canada411.com is 215 Ridgeside Farm Dr, Kanata, ON. This house is actually under his wife's name Stephanie Ann Champagne and they are legitimately paying for this home through a mortgage.

The criminal lawsuit is ongoing in court and Paul Champagne and the other 2 business associates can be looking at a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

you sure are fixated on this champagne fella. I heard the real story is that he saved DND 100's millions over the years and took a small % as payment. Sounds like DND got what they paid for many times over. SScounters

Nice first post bring up something from March.  I heard you can provide information to back up your claim that he saved DND millions.  just 'cause he did his job doesn't entitle him to anything but what he would normally get.

Curious coincidence?

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/story.html?id=0b36f075-4feb-41ef-9a08-58534e7077d7

Mr. Champagne was also a familiar face on the third floor of the Louis St. Laurent building in Gatineau, where he reported ultimately to Mark Whelan, DND's director, common procurement supply -- or DCPS for short.

dcps said:
you sure are fixated on this champagne fella. I heard the real story is that he saved DND 100's millions over the years and took a small % as payment. Sounds like DND got what they paid for many times over. SScounters

Yea.. we are so fixated that the thread has been dead since March.

Makes me wonder if you're not Mr. Champagne yourself, but that would be too stupid for him to even consider speaking out
in the matter.  Then again, he got caught on a simple scheme which was stupid to begin with... so maybe it is him.  ;)

Even if r. Champagne saved millions of dollars, he still took money which is illegal.  End of story.  He could have saved
the government millions of dollars and just taken his regular pay check like everyone else.  In fact, it's everyone responsibilities
to save money and cut waste whereever possible.  No one deserves a "kick back" for it.

........ A crook is a crook is a crook.

At this point in time, a lot of water has run under the bridge and the man is outa our hair and in the courts facing jail time.... bring it on and take it on the chin "buddy"

Guy was a consultant not an employee for his length of service, lets get that story straight. Courts will work it out but this story is not as possibly obvious as it looks.

I think geo pretty well summed it up:  "........ A crook is a crook is a crook."

Does it matter if he was a 'Consultant' or an 'Employee'?  Does it matter if he saved the Government millions (I haven't seen proof of that - but I have seen where the Government spent millions in their suit against HP), if he skimmed money/falsified invoices?  No and No.

dcps said:
Guy was a consultant not an employee for his length of service, lets get that story straight.

Wrong.  Court documents show he was a public servant employed by DND.  Get YOUR story straight.

dcps said:
Guy was a consultant not an employee for his length of service, lets get that story straight. Courts will work it out but this story is not as possibly obvious as it looks.

Ok... I would like to believe your story.

Can you please find some form of documentation to back this up.  If your source is personal, oh say
you are very close to the accused or are the accused or... took part in the scandal  ;) or... to be
fair, investigated the scandal.. please let us know so we can share in this new found wisdom.

Until then, sounds like he's guilty from the current materials being provided.

No I am not close to the guy. I just know that he was a consultant (worked in the same group) until the last year he was at DND. I am not defending any practice I just know many $$ were saved due to his direction (and his ability to put DND first before contracting rules). I am not talking about small change, this dude saved DND (by hook or by crook) 100 million a year plus.

Someone had to give him the green light!!!

wrong champ! oh well, the courts will decide his fate.  dcps got what they wanted. champagne will probably burn, not our problem, just trying to create some discussion.

dcps - just because a man saves your life, doesn't give him the right to sleep with your wife.

GUNS said:
dcps - just because a man saves your life, doesn't give him the right to sleep with your wife.

Ever been to a Navy base when half of the fleet is out?

whiskey601 said:
Ever been to a Navy base when half of the fleet is out?

That's a WHOLE lot of life saving going on..................................

dcps said:
No I am not close to the guy. I just know that he was a consultant (worked in the same group) until the last year he was at DND. I am not defending any practice I just know many $$ were saved due to his direction (and his ability to put DND first before contracting rules). I am not talking about small change, this dude saved DND (by hook or by crook) 100 million a year plus.

Someone had to give him the green light!!!

So you will help this "Guy" by testifying as to his being wrongly accused, correct?  I mean, you are just glowing about his character here, so I have a feeling you will be first in line to speak about him under oath...

dileas

tess

RECON-MAN said:
Look who was in power when this happen!
   -LIBERALS-
started when CONSERVATIVES were in power (Muldoon)

Back