• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Paintball Over The Years Thread

Would you be interested in forming a paintball team in Edmonton, Alberta?

• YES... - IF I LIVED IN EDMONTON

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • YES...and I do live in Edmonton

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • NO

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Limpy said:
Just curious how many of you folks play paintball now and then. Around here the local reserve units love to get out and shoot up each other.

LOL.........somehow, that doesn't suprise me!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get to go paintballing. I live in right in the heart of London and there aren't any centers near where I live.
Besides, I've never even been paintballing before. What's it like?

It's ultra fun when you get a good game of capture the flag going! The sting is enough to want to avoid being shot but nothing that'll cause any serious damage. Bonus is, you don't need to own any equipment as the facilities will usually rent it out. Try it once and you'll be addicted :)

:-\I hate to admit it - my teenage sons are having alot more fun playing paintball than I use to have playing silly bugger. They actually sat me down and asked 'me' for advice on section tactics (I won't go into them for all you old pros out there) but they've been having a great deal of fun with it. Now they want to start a team. Is there anyone else here who happens to be playing this rather painful sport and if so...where? Also, have the Forces (I've been out since 1990) stopped using blanks and have anything similar to paintball for training purposes? :threat:

I don't know about the paintballing,
But the military now uses something called "Simmunition". It's some sort of projectile, and it's not a paintball.
You'd have to ask someone who's actually used the stuff, cause I just hear about in the newspapers and such.

Cheers.

simmunition is like a huge, really expensive lazer tag game.  you wear sensors on your body and helmet, and it lets you know when you are hit.  excellent training tool

That's not simmunition, that's MILES. Simmunition is kind of simmilar to paintball, but different.  Simmunition (as the Canadian Army uses), is a 9mm non-lethal projectile of a coloured wax (I believe). It uses a modified C7 rifle, and is used with 20 round clear magazines. It's meant to provide soldiers with a "close to real" combat situation, and to let them know that they're hit and where.

My only experience with Simmunition was when the Argylls in Hamilton had on a demonstration/Open House, and let the visiting Civilians suit up in the protective gear and fire a couple magazines into the walls of the FIBUA buildings.

Go to http://www.simunition.com  for more info.

Jonsey said:
That's not simmunition, that's MILES. Simmunition is kind of simmilar to paintball, but different.   Simmunition (as the Canadian Army uses), is a 9mm non-lethal projectile of a coloured wax (I believe). It uses a modified C7 rifle, and is used with 20 round clear magazines. It's meant to provide soldiers with a "close to real" combat situation, and to let them know that they're hit and where.

My only experience with Simmunition was when the Argylls in Hamilton had on a demonstration/Open House, and let the visiting Civilians suit up in the protective gear and fire a couple magazines into the walls of the FIBUA buildings.

Go to http://www.simunition.com   for more info.
I didn't get to see that.  :( Missed it, I was out of town.
If you ever get a chance to watch them train on a normal Tuesday night, do so. It's really cool to watch them go through the FIBUA rooms, (which are a complete maze.. I went wandering during break and couldn't find my way out..)

I've only ever seen reservists wearing simmunition gear once. I love the face shields..  ;D

not forgetting to mention that
simmunition is the most painful method of training of them all lol
paintball leaves welts
airsoft leaves welts
miles leave nothing on your skin
but simmunition, it hurts, you get welts, bruises, and sometimes cuts
but heck, we're trained to toughen up and to suck it up

if you have a buddy who owns equipment
i might suggest borrowing their gear
it's better and cheaper to play at the paintball arena with your "own" gear

Lexi said:
<snipped my own post out>
I didn't get to see that.  :( Missed it, I was out of town.
If you ever get a chance to watch them train on a normal Tuesday night, do so. It's really cool to watch them go through the FIBUA rooms, (which are a complete maze.. I went wandering during break and couldn't find my way out..)

I've only ever seen reservists wearing simmunition gear once. I love the face shields..  ;D

They went through their FIBUA rooms. There were 150, maybe 200 spectators that they had standing on the upper level (behind protective barriers), and they spent an hour or so going through different scenerios. It was quite exciting to watch. That whole day just rocked.

I just get to wander through them on my own time, although they've been taken down.. rebuilt.. taken down again.. rebuilt again and then all the pieces are stacked up at the back of the main drill hall..

:crybaby: Wish I'd been there

Paintball :-\  My son and his friends get a kick out of "playing soldier" I've even been ask to join them and play squad leader I'm flattered that they want my insight as "I've been there done that" except at the time I used blank ammo. I just laugh it of and tell them my days of playing "silly bugger" are over. I've abused my body enough the first time (coming home from weekend excercises covered head to toe in bruises when I was in the reserves)  ::)

Ive been playing for about 2 years now, but have never played in a scenario game. Hows peoples opinions on them, and how much would it regularly cost, compared to a regular day?. Would you go through more paint then in a regular day at a field, or is it roughly the same?

Mike

My friend really wants me to go paintballing but i kinda don't care for it. I could get out of hand and start something :-\ I also wasted his 400 paintballs in about 2 minutes so it will definitely cost me. As for asc forums, they don't like me. My friend got on my computer and went random and they banned me. I think some people are far to obsessed with paintball and airsoft tho. Thats just my option!

I mainly play speedball at an indoors place called Fusion Paintball (Whitby mall.) Speedballs much more fast paced and takes more teamwork then woodsball(when its just for fun, in scenarios itll take some planning.) Also if you like competitive sports, paintballs a fast growing one, theres a league for Ontario a buddy of mine plays in, Ill be going to the next tournament date to watch.

My boyfriend wants me to go Paintballing with him...lol I think he just wants to shoot me, just kidding. I dunno, it sounds like a lot of fun, and my pain tolerance is fairly high, so I might give it a try. He goes to a place in Baldwin, ON...it's a fairly large lot that they go out on...lots of trees and stuff.
Maybe I'll go out and paintball with him...I wasn't so sure because I saw him on Monday and he paintballed on Saturday, he had the coolest bruises on his back and neck...it was a white dot in the centre and then a bruise around it,...very cool.

:cdn:

Back