• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Paintball Over The Years Thread

Would you be interested in forming a paintball team in Edmonton, Alberta?

• YES... - IF I LIVED IN EDMONTON

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • YES...and I do live in Edmonton

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • NO

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
That place in Baldwin is not that great.  You should get him to get his arse down to the city, there are a couple of better ones down there, and you don't have to play with/against as many useless ten year olds.

lol yeah I know QY Rang, problem is, they don't have the transportation to get to the city. I'll let him know, and I'm sure he'd love to go, but it's all about the transportation.
Thanks though!

:cdn:

I thought this forum was for MILITARY personal, I have a hard time believing any of you guys are actually afraid of these things! 

Steve

Please don't think that the CF are wimps or afraid of getting hurt by paintball...Most of the REAL members of the CF train with simmunition...which does hurt!

The above statment pertains more to the cadets and wannnabes.

I do agree though, they sound like a pack of whiners and make you wonder as they are always bragging about how tough they are in the cadet forums. ;D

Steve99 said:
Hey Guys,
  I gotta straighten some stuff out here.   I work at www.commandopaintball.ca as a referee and have been a ref for 4 years, I've also played the tournament scene with different sponsors and different guns (angels, timmies, autocockers) so I think I'm probably entitled to add my two cents on this one.

You don't need to be "tough" to play paintball, I ref wimpy kids ALL THE TIME.   Can you get seriously injured? Not very likely, the worse injury I have seen in all my time reffing was... a twisted ankle!   And that can happen anywhere!   If you can't take the little circular bruise you get when you get shot, well... go play badminton or something!   I thought this forum was for MILITARY personal, I have a hard time believing any of you guys are actually afraid of these things!  

I've been shot HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of times over the years, they really aren't that bad at all, I play and ref in shorts and t-shirt!   It's not bad at all, some spots have a bit more of a sting, but if you wear the safety gear you will be fine!

My only suggestion is if you do decide to play, you go to a good field that enforces the 300fps rule, and is strict on goggles and barrel covers, you will have an awesome time!   Don't forget the refs are there for a reason, if you think you shot someone, get the ref to check them! It's gotta break to count though :D

And please don't shoot the ref, it gets ANNOYING, yes there are days when I want to shoot back!

Hahaha, I aggree you don't have to be tough to play paintball. Sometimes the paint hurts more than others(what Steve said.. make sure you go to a field that inforces 300enforcesnot it's dangerous..) :p
I used to be sponsored by my local field (PAG) in Edmonton, going go Vancouver, Vernon, Calgary etc...members of my team went to France and Florida..allover the states. It's a really fast growing sport on the speedball side.

If you want to go have fun with your friends recemmend plrecommendhball. I also reffing many tourney's and big games(300+ people, with tons of military personnal players). Just go out have fun and don't cheat(whiping your its) other than that paintball is a great sport for anytype of activity, with no very few injuries..

the worst injury I saw at a tournament, this player jumped into the snake and landed on his arm and snapped it :(

scotty.

Steve BTW what gun's do you shoot? I had 2k2 Timmy, GZ Timmy and a Alias Timmy, my field is PRO-Intimidators as you can tell :p

QY Rang said:
That place in Baldwin is not that great.  You should get him to get his arse down to the city, there are a couple of better ones down there, and you don't have to play with/against as many useless ten year olds.

Yes i know Baldwin isn't that great, but its the only field withing 20 minutes of where i live. If i could influence someone to give me a ride to Barrie of down town...then i would. You're right, playing with some of the groups of younger kids does get frustrating. Especially when you think theres no one left on the field, and when the games over, 3 or 4 little kids stand up from the back of the field. The dense bush field is OK, the giant tire field is...ME...OK for a few rounds, and there speedball field is pretty good. If i could hitch a ride down to Barrie, then i would, but until i have my full licence, then I'm stuck at Baldwin for most of the time. Ether way, its still fun.

Mike

hey i am a paintball (paintballer) ??? i go when mony time and the wife (in this order) will allow me to go witch is usally 1-3 times a month so anyways i was wondering if there were any good paintball places near the bases.

please name the base and panitball place

oh and are there any paintballers here....... :threat:

I enjoy taking part in having welts mark my body when a movement goes wrong. Also, I had no idea you were a paintball.

lol correction i am a "paintballer"

and yes i to do not think paintballing would be as much fun with out the welts

Dec 23...  huge HUGE Christmas party at my parents.. (i was still living there.. 23 years old?)

went paintballing.. did a hero run for the "capture the briefcase" game.

I own my equipment and mask.. nice mask..  but a little short of forehead coverage...

Took one  POINT BLANK.. in the temple...  not just welt but a full out bleeder which
caused a temporary blackout..  Maybe he should have asked me to surrender than to
point blank me.. but...

Came home... covered in sand.. combats and bleeding from the skull.... Merry Christmas Everyone

The look on everyone's face... absolutely Priceless...

as for the question asked... I have no idea.. I just hijacked you thread!!! :D

I remember my second time paintballing (I'm still a cheapass renter of paintball kit) I was stalking my brothers friend after I hail mary'd myself down a hill. I was about 10 feet behind him, he was clueless. By this point I am sure that I am Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid, aka I am the man of tactical prestige. CRACK! I stepped on the most brittle twig known to man, it went to produce the loudest noise known to man at that time, he heard the sound from behind him and scanned the hill in front of him... I decided to shoot him in the head then as he would never turn around even if I called his name...

lol no prob i like stories just as much......and as for the point blank i have had that happen to me just behind the right ear bleeding and dizzy i know the feeling

about 3 times ago i was paintballing a capture the flag game.    when the game started 4 members stayed back to defend our base while the rest of or team moved out (about 34 members per side). they all wanted to do their own thing not move as a unit, so in turn i too went on my own. about 1 min latter i came across a group of 3 men/women i found so cover in a low ditch and some bushes i flipped my marker on to fully auto (i too own my own equip). when they started to cross the bridge i opened up and got them all in about 5-7 secs.
at the same time i could hear allot of fighting going on to my left/west. as the fighting died out i noticed that a lot of my team were moving back to the "safe" area. when all of the sudden all hell was breaking loose on my HQ. i moved and quick as i could when all of the sudden i came upon 3 more people, they were just walking towards the safe area because they had wasted our HQ and had our flag on the way to their HQ, i could hear them say well the game is over anyways so lets head back up, i was walking right towards them they just nodded at me and walked past not realizing that i was not on their side, once pasted me i turned and wasted them. then i came around a bend and saw the rest of their team (about 27 people) and their flag carrier at then head of the line. i fudged we had lost allread and said to hell with it, i loaded up my hopper full of paint keep-ed it on full auto and charged them, i took out 3 then 6 then 10 i was starting to feel invincible, well really i had just caught them off guard and once they realized what going on i had knocked out 15 people and then the pain came. 12 people firing as fast and as much paint they could at me. upon my wife's final count i had 47 welts on chest and side and 3 on my back.

went out again 2 weeks latter.

I always notice, once you get that mask and old camo shirt you feel invincible, then after about the 3rd shot when the adrenaline dries out a tad then you realise playing hero sucks so you move back to the squad based strategy.

hoping to be an ariakon or armotech marker owner myself..but untill then rentals for me.
what i really want is a mask that does not fog...rushing the enemy hq like ray charles while screaming like james brown..with bobby brown's cant touch this track playing in your head ..doesnt really help...lol ;D
but the bobby brown shuffle does work..hahaha ;D

curious ..I want one of those mask they use for simunation training on excercise. Anyone who where to get one at retail or sites links?

sorry bro hijacked again ..alas im only a civi (occasional)paintballer, no idea of arenas near bases.

hey PARAMEDIC  if you want you can buy a die mask for around $150 then as an option you can get a small fan that will mount on inside and will cool you and the lense

Zombied.

Any paintballers in the GTA looking to help out a great cause and shoot some cops? The event is run by the Hamilton Police Force and has assistance (aka teams) from Niagara and Toronto. Op teams ranging from SWAT to Patrolmen.

Last year saw teams from damn near every nook of society. TV Crews, Radio Stations, Hamilton By-Law, MacMaster Security, Civilians, and more. They maintain a level playing field by only allowing mechanical markers (no guys shooting 20bps from an electronic marker). Everything is required to play is provided(Mask, Gun, Paint) with the minimum pledge amount (last year was 65$/player).

All proceeds go to...
JDRF_corp_logo_blue_Hm6-300x108.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106013476105904&index=1

Tournament of Triumph 2010

Date: Saturday, 16 October 2010
Time: 09:00 - 17:00

More details will be posted when available.

This is the current slated date as far as I know.

- 10 man teams
- Restricted markers/ammo (mechanical [ex. tippmann 98 NO EGRIP])
- Minimum Donation/Pledge Money for Entrance
- ~20 Team Cap
- Trophy!
- More Police Teams.

Last years results...

1st Annual Tournament of Triumph - November 7, 2009
1. Team Whitebread -  535 points
2. 1st SSF - 530 points
3. Tactical Assault Paintball Team (T.A.P.S.) - 515 points
4. Vice & Drug Team - 395 points
5. The Gunners - 380 points
6. The Mixed Nuts - 315 points
7. CHML - 300 points
8. Team Hamilton - 235 points
9. Cold Snap - 205 points
10. The Newbies - 190 points
11. CHCH Camerakazi's - 180 points
12. Hamilton By-Law - 150 points
13. Central D - 130 points
14. Wheel Wizards - 120 points
15. Mac Security - 100 points

P.S. New toy!
25681_10150178025800327_673005326_12164995_4768954_n.jpg

Does anyone of you here play woodsball at Ultimate Paintball in Milton?

I just wanna share my videos i uploaded from my youtube account, "Kalakian", right now i got 37 videos there and about 18 videos from last saturday:

April 10/10 game at U.P. by Rizal Brigade PAintball Group
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vey-WF8pGXY

That was me @2:18 with a helmet and top ghillies, also i was wearing a home made shoulder pads, inspired by what i seen from a canadian soldier in haiti from t.v and photos.

Some photos we took from that game:
24669_1387064108992_1003717514_31168220_8158203_n.jpg

26282_399010821536_645611536_4351520_5051854_n.jpg

We'll be back playing there on may 22, with new camera crew will be shooting videos and cook bbq for us.  :nod:

Back