• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Manly Thread

Last week I proposed to my girlfriend, who is smarter, more educated, and makes more money than me (she's a doctor).

Today, I did 100 regular pushups, 100 pushups with a 25lb pack on (...in sets of 20), 240 jumping lunges ( :blotto: ), ran 5km with 100m sprinting intervals, and grew about a centimeter worth of beard.

But the first part totally took way more cajones.

Jim Seggie said:
Found out this evening I am going to be a granddaddy again!!  ;D

Another little one to wind up and send home!! ;D

Congrats!

You get extra manly points if they named him after you  ;D

I just fixed my rucksack with a combat boot lace and a Gerber.  :camo:

A real man would have just taken it to cothing stores - why fix it when you can just get a new one?  ;D

medicineman said:
A real man would have just taken it to cothing stores - why fix it when you can just get a new one?  ;D

Because I have a jump ruck frame and I'm never giving it up.  I only replaced the string at the top to hold the pouch on that had finally busted after 14 years and three deployments........  Screw 550 cord, which we can't get because we're not an "operational" unit.  ::)

Tell the dweeb who's acting as supply at the clinic to take their credit card and buy some from WalMart or a surplus place downtown.

MM

medicineman said:
Tell the dweeb who's acting as supply at the clinic to take their credit card and buy some from WalMart or a surplus place downtown.

How did you know he's a dweeb*?  Have you been here?

*He really is, too!

On my birthday I ran 10km then biked another 50.
Tomorrow I get to wear my kilt in a parade, then will dive right into Forty Creek.....best tasting whiskey I think I've ever had ;D

Yesterday I did not cry, again, and was so horrified by Don Draper last night I poured myself an extra tall snort of 15 year Old Highland Park....:

http://www.timescolonist.com/entertainment/movie-guide/Waterworks+still+socially+frowned/3507561/story.html
Until recently, it was assumed Don Draper used his tear ducts strictly as extra storage space for testosterone.
But in a recent episode of Mad Men, the unflappable TV character — bereft over the death of a friend — unleashed a torrent of sobs that sent viewers of the 1960s-set show into a frenzy. In that era, after all, it wasn't every day you saw an alpha male expose the chinks in his armour.

Today while on my back on a hospital table, I looked down to see smoke emanating from what used to be my fertility and I didn't cry.

Thank god I didn't smell it or I likely would have thrown up at minimum.

How about when the surgeon said you probably wouldn't miss something that small anyway?

Old Sweat said:
How about when the surgeon said you probably wouldn't miss something that small anyway?

Ouch.  For the last 12 hours it has felt like someone flicked me in the balls and it's not going away.

Ice cold beverage between your legs and one in your hands - continuous rotation until the case is empty, you feel nothing or you pass out.  That's what we told guys when I assisted those little surgeries in Kingston.

MM

Pulled a band-aid off my rather hairy arm with only a little moistening of the eyes.

I went 2 for 2 in both NHL11 and Madden11 today. The second NHL victory resulted in my opponent punching a whole in his water-cooler, and vowing never to play me again.

After PT I realized I was out of soap/shower gel and used Green Works dishwashing liquid. It did a particularly good job "cleaning with the power you expect from Clorox," and didn't leave any spots on 9er trouser.

Had an unfortunate encounter with giant hogweed while hiking today. It has left my right forearm looking like Wolverine took a swipe at it, and should leave a nice scar. I think I'll tell the ladies I got it fighting multiple bears at the same time on the Serbian tundra with nothing but a paper clip and some chewing gum.

Back