• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Manly Thread

thdark_manly-men.png

Recieving a pile of innoculations for an upcoming trip: nary a twitch.

Shelling out 250 bucks for said innoculations because I'm not going on military business, and most of innoculations just happened to run out last month: Yeah, I sniffled a little.

Old and Tired said:
Manlest thing ever, watchng treehouse and reading Thomas with my son, James

Awesome!  Indeed a modern day warrior dad amongst men!  :salute:

I found my left index impaled by a rather large splinter of oak wood tonight. I pulled it out with my teeth and proceeded to suck on the digit.

All with a straight face.

Are you man enough?
http://artofmanliness.com/2009/09/15/every-man-should-be-able-to-save-his-own-life-5-fitness-benchmarks-a-man-must-master/

Today I drove my car nice fast. Not because I particularly dislike the environment or that I want to deplete the ozone layer, but because today was the first sunny day in Ottawa in like a month and I needed to remind the world that a man ought to drive quickly and enjoy it. (all windows down and sunroof open)

Rogo said:
Today I drove my car nice fast. Not because I particularly dislike the environment or that I want to deplete the ozone layer, but because today was the first sunny day in Ottawa in like a month and I needed to remind the world that a man ought to drive quickly and enjoy it. (all windows down and sunroof open)

Were you blasting "Venus by Bananarama"? I bet you were.

Im thinking Trooper was the song of choice...."bright white sports car"!!

TROOPER- the boy's in the bright white sports car.
Today on the many part of this thread, I thought
I'd play song for ya. ZZ Top-Bad Girl ,,,,Cheer's
Scoty B

I am so proud of myself and My New super mitre saw.....a bevel/mitre/compoundm "laser" mitre type saw!!

I attempted some mitres.....and they turned out OK!!!
Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

My mitre saw also has a laser. I might have bought it for that feature alone.

Any power tool with a laser is doubly manly.

bdave said:
Were you blasting "Venus by Bananarama"? I bet you were.

Na, Roll Me Away by Bob Seger. I felt it was an appropriate song to drive more enjoyably.

You mean you don't feast all 365 days a year like other men?  I kid I kid!  ;D

Recently constructing a loft bed for my older nugget and using a 2" brad nailer. Holding my left hand where I believed to be outside the arcs, brad nail X decided to go sideways and entered my left thumb (lower meaty part) approx 7mm. I paused, 9er domestic gave that concerned WTF look and I said:  I think I need a bandaid. Thank god for selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).

Went looking for a cordless Sawzall to do some tree pruning and wandered through Rona, BMR and Lowes, enroute to Home Depot when I saw a 5 piece 18 v DeWalt set of power tools with niffty carry bag for roughly $600 on sale..........Merry Christmas......... HO HO HO.

While eating dinner tonight, me and Oppo #1 heard what sounded like a loud firworks display going off out in front of the house. Peeked out the window and watched an overhead high transmission wire sparking off in spectacular fashion due to it being pinched off by a snow loaded tree branch.

What did we do? Went outside and stood under it marveling at the pretty blue lights, of course.

Oh, and I did not cry either, just in case you were wondering.

Back