• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Manly Thread

My hat is off to you MWO Seggie. A well deserved congratulations to you!

Now as for that young lady, utterly astounding. What courage! A well deserved congratulations to her as well.

Jim Seggie said:
I was awarded the Medal of Bravery yesterday....mind you the young lady who was awarded the Star of Courage......she has guts....

You win. But now, of course, because of you we'll need to start a 'Supermanly' thread.  ;D

Congratulations; well earned!

daftandbarmy said:
.... we'll need to start a 'Supermanly' thread.  ;D

Truest speech to an emergency services recruit class I ever saw:
( Warning: course language )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgE19tnQeoY

mariomike said:
Truest speech to an emergency services recruit class I ever saw:
( Warning: course language )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgE19tnQeoY

Hmmm... are you sure he wasn't on staff at CTC in 1979-80?

Bike to Live said:
I had a female cook me BBQed Bacon, then I ate it.

I think you misread, this is a manly thread. As a man, it is YOUR duty to operate the outdoor food cooking fire machine and it is YOUR duty to cook the dead pig strips.

Leave this place, your bring shame to the entire thread.  :mad:

HavokFour said:
I think you misread, this is a manly thread. As a man, it is YOUR duty to operate the outdoor food meatcooking fire machine and it is YOUR duty to cook the dead pig strips.

Leave this place, your bring shame to the entire thread.  :mad:
There you go.

Threw dead cow on the meatcooking fire machine on the deck and ate it.  Washed down the dead cow with a cold beer.

Bike to Live said:
I had a female cook me BBQed Bacon, then I ate it.

What was she wearing when she served it to you? If the answer is 'a smile', you pass.  ;D

daftandbarmy said:
What was she wearing when she served it to you? If the answer is 'a smile', you pass.  ;D
I don't know...... serve it? Of course, but cook it?

Spanky said:
, but cook it?

Even rover knows better and puts on an apron when cooking

Dog+Cooking.jpg

My wife isn't even allowed to know how the BBQ works or where I store the charcoal and wood blocks for the smoke.

BTW, I made a killer blueberry cobbler on it last year. OK, it looks daunting, but it's not. You can do this at the table in front of everyone when you pull the steaks off. By the time your done dinner, it'll be ready.

Here's the recipe.

Method: indirect grilling
Serves 8

For the filling

3 pints blueberries
1/2 cup sugar (or to taste)
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
For the crumble
2 ounces biscotti or gingersnap cookies, coarsely crumbled (1/2 cup crumbs)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
You'll also need:
an 8 by 10-inch foil pan
spray oil
1 cup wood chips (preferably apple), soaked in water to cover for 1 hour, then drained
1. Pick through the blueberries, removing any stems, leaves, or bruised berries. Mrs. Raichlen would wash them-I don't bother. Place the berries in a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar, flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice and gently toss to mix. Spoon the mixture into a foil pan you've lightly sprayed with spray oil.
2. Make the crumble. Place the cookies, flour, sugar, and in a food processor and grind to a coarse powder. Grind in the butter and the salt, running the processor in short bursts. The mixture should feel sandy. Spoon this mixture on top of the blueberries.

3. Set up your grill for indirect grilling. If using a gas grill, place the wood chips in the smoker box or in a smoker pouch and run the grill on high until you see smoke, then reduce the heat to medium-high (400 degrees). If using a charcoal grill, preheat to medium-high, then toss the wood chips on the coals.

4. Place the crisp in the center of the grill away from the heat. Cook until the topping is browned and the blueberries are bubbling, about 40 minutes. Serve the crumble hot or warm-ideally with vanilla ice cream.

Note: for an outrageously delicious variation on this crumble, replace half the blueberries (2 cups) with diced ripe peaches

Wore my Apron today.....now hold on I know you are all fuming because of this but hold on.

It reads    I like Cougars, Medium Rare.    So I'm off the hook, and obviously I was cooking red meat AND bacon.

Taught "the boy" to cook meat over fire today. He is now "the young man".

recceguy said:
My wife isn't even allowed to know how the BBQ works or where I store the charcoal and wood blocks for the smoke.

BTW, I made a killer blueberry cobbler on it last year. OK, it looks daunting, but it's not. You can do this at the table in front of everyone when you pull the steaks off. By the time your done dinner, it'll be ready.

Here's the recipe.

Method: indirect grilling
Serves 8

For the filling

3 pints blueberries
1/2 cup sugar (or to taste)
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
For the crumble
2 ounces biscotti or gingersnap cookies, coarsely crumbled (1/2 cup crumbs)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
You'll also need:
an 8 by 10-inch foil pan
spray oil
1 cup wood chips (preferably apple), soaked in water to cover for 1 hour, then drained
1. Pick through the blueberries, removing any stems, leaves, or bruised berries. Mrs. Raichlen would wash them-I don't bother. Place the berries in a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar, flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice and gently toss to mix. Spoon the mixture into a foil pan you've lightly sprayed with spray oil.
2. Make the crumble. Place the cookies, flour, sugar, and in a food processor and grind to a coarse powder. Grind in the butter and the salt, running the processor in short bursts. The mixture should feel sandy. Spoon this mixture on top of the blueberries.

3. Set up your grill for indirect grilling. If using a gas grill, place the wood chips in the smoker box or in a smoker pouch and run the grill on high until you see smoke, then reduce the heat to medium-high (400 degrees). If using a charcoal grill, preheat to medium-high, then toss the wood chips on the coals.

4. Place the crisp in the center of the grill away from the heat. Cook until the topping is browned and the blueberries are bubbling, about 40 minutes. Serve the crumble hot or warm-ideally with vanilla ice cream.

Note: for an outrageously delicious variation on this crumble, replace half the blueberries (2 cups) with diced ripe peaches

Did you just post an outrageously delicious dessert recipe in the Manly Thread?

orig-3290031.jpg

;D  Sounds quite good, in particular the use of crumbled biscotti.  Much thanks, I'll give it a go this summer.

Ha!!
I now have all of you beat!
I took my wingman Carson to gymnastics this morning......and hung out with him and had a great time.

Then, I went to the hospital to visit my daughter and her daughter.....Stella....all of about 4 hours old........

Jim Seggie said:
Ha!!
I took my wingman Carson to gymnastics this morning......and hung out with him and had a great time.

Then, I went to the hospital to visit my daughter and her daughter.....Stella....all of about 4 hours old........

Great name - sincere congratulations to yourself and family.  Have to love Grandparents - let the spoiling begin.

Keep us posted on your wingmance  ;D

Jim Seggie said:
Ha!!

Congrats sir!

Stella. Beautiful name.
I just taught my 5 year old daughter, Stella, How to open and pour my beer.. while I roast beer can chicken on the fire machine.

Back