• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Manly Thread

Jim Seggie said:
Ha!! I was called "hot" by a 25 year old woman, who is pretty hot herself.

;D

That's happened to me too but it was because she shot me down... in flames!

Today in honour of what would have been my dads 58th Birthday I'm dusting off his favourite Stein and downing a few Warsteiner in his memory.

HavokFour said:
Today in honour of what would have been my dads 58th Birthday I'm dusting off his favourite Stein and downing a few Warsteiner in his memory.

:salute:
Salud!
One shot of "gentleman's whiskey" for you & your Pop.

HavokFour said:

Ditto. Except Grandfather...
Cheers. Here's to them.

I spent an afternoon last week walking on Manly Beach in Australia (Awesome waves!!)

Recently taught my 3 year old son to pee standing up. Location of training area? The backyard of course. Mummy is less than impressed, but there are some things a women just needs to accept if life is to go on as it should  ;D

The wife picked up a smoked, spiral cut ham for Easter.

I decided to warm it up on the BBQ and smoked it over hickory and black cherry for good measure.

daftandbarmy said:
Recently taught my 3 year old son to pee standing up. Location of training area? The backyard of course. Mummy is less than impressed, but there are some things a women just needs to accept if life is to go on as it should  ;D

Tell her the alternative is having to mop the bathroom. After all, he can't miss hitting the ground.

For you all manly men: Chocolate tools... in case you get a sugar craving while in the garage  ;D

600_Qrndm.jpg

Alea

I didn't do anything that had even the slightest risk of unwanted pregnancy associated with it. :)

I just had a nice glass of Jack Daniels, Osama style:
Two shots and a splash of water  ;D

Danjanou said:
Don't antagonize them, they learn fast. Next week they'll be tossing green bins at us.

This must have been a truly antagonized raccoon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6u7ylr0zIg

uncle-midget-Oddball said:
I just had a nice glass of Jack Daniels, Osama style:
Two shots and a splash of water  ;D

You watched TMZ didn't you.

I did the unmanliest thing last night, I was channel surfing and watched a few minutes of it which said that joke. 

I was awarded the Medal of Bravery yesterday....mind you the young lady who was awarded the Star of Courage......she has guts....

Jim Seggie said:
I was awarded the Medal of Bravery yesterday....mind you the young lady who was awarded the Star of Courage......she has guts....

Congratulations, Jim. A good man at an accident scene!  :salute:

Original thread here:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/96712.0.html

I makes me laugh that in answer to me calling him a stud for tearing apart a dashboard of a burning car bare handed, the MWO sais:"I did have a gerber". :D Double Stud.

NinerSix said:
What is her name?

From the Governor General's website:

Miranda Suggitt, S.C.
Lindsay, Ontario
Star of Courage

On November 22, 2005, Miranda Suggitt, then 11 years old, risked her life to prevent her mother from being shot. During the evening, Miranda’s father became intoxicated and violent, threatening her mother with a rifle. The rifle went off, missing the woman, who quickly ran outside. Miranda’s father followed his wife and pointed the weapon at her. Without any regard for her own life, Miranda stepped between the two and begged her father not to shoot. He yelled at her to move, but she stood her ground until others helped to take the rifle away and hold him until the police arrived. Through her actions, Miranda showed great courage and prevented a terrible tragedy.

An incredibly courageous young woman, especially so for a then 11 year old.

Citations for all the awards here: http://gg.ca/document.aspx?id=14092

Congratulations to all the recipients and all those others nominated. You are a credit to our country  :salute:

Back