• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The C7 Assault Rifle, M16, & AR15 family (C7A1, C7A2, C7 replacment, and C7 vs M16)

C8SFW/FTHB barrel is 16.1" not including flashhider

whatever that is in MM or CM

The C8 is 14.5"

Infidel-6 said:
C8SFW/FTHB barrel is 16.1" not including flashhider

whatever that is in MM or CM

The C8 is 14.5"

16.1" = 40.8 cm (41)

14.5" = 37.83 cm (38)

Nope my retirement was before 20 -- but I knew you had completed at least 20.
  According to my NDI 75 (I had to look at it) it alledges 16 or 17 years of honourable service  ;D (depending on how you view the dates)
(and depending on who you are in the PPCLI mafia will depend on how honourable you think my service too)

Hey anyone here know were online one could find a detailed diagram of the C7 with all parts listed?  They don't seem to have a detailed enough one on the Dymaco website or anywere else i look. I don't know if it matters much as far as parts go, but This the older C7.  I need to know this stuff couse I'm doing BMQ right now and we just got little crappy diagrams of some spots on the rifle.  This would be really helpfull, i could even print some off for my some of my buddies on course.

Adrian_888 said:
Hey anyone here know were online one could find a detailed diagram of the C7 with all parts listed?  They don't seem to have a detailed enough one on the Dymaco website or anywere else i look. I don't know if it matters much as far as parts go, but This the older C7.  I need to know this stuff couse I'm doing BMQ right now and we just got little crappy diagrams of some spots on the rifle.  This would be really helpfull, i could even print some off for my some of my buddies on course.

Weapons Aide Memoire

what is the best way to go about cleaning the trigger mech without the luxury of hot running water?

:cheers:

Seriously though, a bit of oil and lots of love should see you through. And old father time of course

It seems to me that there is quite a bit of chatter on the C7 as a 5.56mm sniper rifle.  The ballistics of the 5.56mm round don't lend well to it being used as an effective sniper rifle, not to mention the lack of stopping power.  However, that being said, the the precision of the C7 with an adequate scope does lend itself well to be employed within a rifle section/platoon as a sharpshooter as opposed to sniper rifle.  Food for thought.  :cdn:

Actully there are several Special Purpose 5.56NATO rifles in use, but they as a rule do not shoot standard ball rounds, only in Canada do we do that with the C7CT which makes a marginal system worse. Google is your friend, look up SPR MK11 Mod0 or MK12

MG34 said:
Actully there are several Special Purpose 5.56NATO rifles in use, but they as a rule do not shoot standard ball rounds, only in Canada do we do that with the C7CT which makes a marginal system worse. Google is your friend, look up SPR MK11 Mod0 or MK12
Just curious as why the C7CT is worse?

Thanks MG34, I just spent a bit more time reading up on the C7CT and the SPR variants as you suggested.  It seems to me that a 5.56mm sniper rifle might have merits in certain respects, but I still see it only as a sharp shooting rifle in a conventional context.  Now if we were to step out of the box, it might be well served in a SOF environment where there is greater consideration to collateral damage and engagements can be at considerably reduced ranges.  That being said, perhaps there is a role for the C7CT as the number two's weapon in a sniper team.  In my experience the number two is still looking for the higher caliber rifle anyway.

DirtyDog said:
Just curious as why the C7CT is worse?

He said it was marginal......standard ball amunition degraded it further from that

CDN Aviator said:
He said it was marginal......standard ball amunition degraded it further from that

Ah, OK.  I though he was saying the C7CT variant made a marginal system (5.56 C7) "worse".

Heh.. even with the old FN C1 we had "match" ammo that exceeded the standard ball rounds everyone else used.

geo said:
Heh.. even with the old FN C1 we had "match" ammo that exceeded the standard ball rounds everyone else used.

- Lake City Army Ammunition Plant, 168 grain HPBT.

;D

- i think...

TCBF said:
- Lake City Army Ammunition Plant, 168 grain HPBT.

;D

- i think...
yeah that sounds about right to this mess tin addled brain  >:D

Yes, the US match 7.62. Used it in our 8L's on some competition shoots, leading up to CFSAC (1982). However, the majority of training for this was with the IVI C21 ball.

Outside of that even at Connaught, we used IVI 7.62mm C21 clipped in our 8L's. Remember those rubber 'peel away' bandoleers??? I guess I am dating myself.

The US match ammowas for the C3. White boxes with the US eagle on them, and was for sure LC (Lake City) made.

Cheers,

Wes

Back